Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for OMAC

Suggestion for OMAC

OK so I have noticed over my 10 years of playing things that come and go.
    Some things that never change...

War is determined by acres we all know that, VT2 and Catwalk may have some other crack pot idea about that and no doubt post needlessly but hey...

Next age, I suggest that with the new utopia look, you include a "War Page"
    Possibly stored within "Relations"
    You have alot of KD's using UTO-PIMP and Angel and calculating the gains and attacks etc from war.

The War-Page would display data which if you think about it the game already has inside it. Today and Last month record the hits. So why not utilize this data OMAC and place it in this War-Page. Possibly along with spells casted by the Kd in total, as you see this in your "Our History"

The page would show who you are warring and previous wars that age.
    It would be a definite way of stopping arguements over who is ahead by so many acres as both KD's would have contrasting results which would be updated hourly to keep up with the progression of war.

The data is there, it's recorded and stored in some format. So I suggest you create a page accessable for all players in the Kd to view and see the data of that war in full context. This I feel every player wouldn't mind having as it would resolve war issues. Possibly throw in the war meter, but it wouldn't determine the winner, that would be decided by the 2 KD's but it wouldbe a good indication of who the winner is :)

yeah that is a good suggetion, i've also had many disagreements on who is head/behind, and it becomes harder since they have removed the meter, but as you say you wouldn't need a meter if you had all the information gathered,

and i wouldn't mind what VT22 says, nobody really listens to him anyway.

Enthusiast
    this would be useful to say the least

it would give a much clearer picture overall of how a war went down, who gained, and lost, and how much of it

because currently there are way to many factors which can leave a close war in doubt, paper bugs on either side, explore pool gains etc

and accusations are then thrown around because nobody really knows numbers for absolute certain

Yeah there are many advantages to this. It would be like the complete paper, including hostilities towards the KD in question. Aswell as that OMAC could also show in this war page, explored or diced acres, as a reference to balance who gained through attacks and through exploration/spells...

I would really like OMAC to consider this approach becasue it would be a successful implementation for the game and has needed it for some time.
    It would as I mentioned hold previous war stats for the age, which would save alot of people saving tonnes of incorrect data and copying and pasting alot of intel which is time consuming.
    Also seeing previous wars in the age and who you won against would help you in war to see who you beat, and what race you are good against etc

I like it good idea!

And will also give you a clear picture about kindom activity regarding thief/mage ops
    They can simply put the list of kindom provs(just like pimp) and next to each prov the amount of offensive spells they made during that war
    And i too don't care what the players in top kindom have to say ... this will have more of an impact on the middle tier players(and ghettos), allowing the other "non"-top kindoms to improve their player base(killing/kicking players that just takes up space,they can set some goals for players:number of spells,thievery ops,attacks/player etc)
    People will say there is already pimp,but some players can't acces this site or they just don't botter using this site or they don't have time or other reasons
    Most of the top players will reject this idea just because they have good activity in third-tools parties, they don't really care about the rest of the small kindoms
    I don't think i've seen many suggestions from this players that will actually have a positive impact on the middle rank kindoms, most of the time they just argue about small changes that will "overpower" one race or another with if "I stay logged in 24h/day i can beat your crappy kindom with this changes..hahahaha" comments
    So...being one of the many monarchs of a middle class kindom i say DO IT.

Yep, I mean it shows you in "Your History" all the spells/ops you do, and I am sure like Pimp Agent does, it could apply those same settings and put it in the war page...

Imagine this, you click war page, you would have your KD and all the spells listed and ops and how many each player is doing, then click on Hostilities, you would see what lead up to war....and then ofcourse War time itself you would see the acres exchanged and who hit who x amount of times...

I believe this would be beneficial and in OMAC's best interests...maybe the King could also highlight who needs hit so many times and what spells are needed, so that there is less confusion too and hopefully like stephan84 alot of Kd's will catch on and better themselves and if you possibly can keep old stats, too so that previous wars can be viewed similarly

Thank you for any responce to this as it's a change overdue in my mind. :)
    Last edited by alan12; 18-03-2009 at 14:40.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I do like the idea of having the war data stored for both kds to see. Would deal with stubborn monarchs and whatnot, but I must say, wars are not won by acres.

This really needs to be in suggestions; anyone going to have a hissy fit if I move it?

will you not move it if i say i will?

Probably not

I love how you say someone would have a hissy fit, it's like you're really starting to know this community. ^^

But yeah, definitely belongs on a sugg board, but for once it's actually an idea that doesn't involve vampires, centaurs, lizardmen or something else along those lines. Moreso it's actually a good idea, a rarity on these boards. Would get my vote for sure.
    Utopia's a funny old place...

Post Fiend
    I love it -

But also bring in more races like vampires, centaurs, lizardmen (9/5 leets) and undead fetid trout (1/9 elite).
    "You're a failtroll Newark." - Catwalk

hmm, actually that just reminded me, i think i forgot to make my agely (new word) bring back avians thread last eoa. Off i go.
    Utopia's a funny old place...

Taking that as a no then

Thread Information