Thread: Bring back Avians plz.

Bring back Avians plz.

Usually i do this at eoa, except I forgot last age sooo..

Anyway, it's fairly obvious where i'm going with this.

Bring back avians please. Anyone who ever played with avians won't need me to elaborate. Besides since i missed doing it last age, i guess i'll make another of these at eoa. So um, yeah, bring them back. kthx.
    Utopia's a funny old place...

Post Fiend
    Bring back VT2 and vines, please.
    "You're a failtroll Newark." - Catwalk

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    Usually i do this at eoa, except I forgot last age sooo..

Anyway, it's fairly obvious where i'm going with this.

Bring back avians please. Anyone who ever played with avians won't need me to elaborate. Besides since i missed doing it last age, i guess i'll make another of these at eoa. So um, yeah, bring them back. kthx.
    You don't even have a suggestion as to what they're gonna look like? Why did you even bother to post?

Sure I do, they need to look exactly as they did when they were removed, OMAC will have the data somewhere, i had it but my laptop makes a point to wipe once or twice a year.

Postaholic
    omac said they would consider bringing them back for gen, although with the new code i dont know if they will make any changes now

Play elf.
    Same thing, different name, and 190% more durable.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Demon
    Avian was spread out among the other races (except the attack time) so bringing them back just as they were would make them too much like the already existing races. Not unique at all, and so adding very little to the game except nostalgia

Well since the term, 'Utopia Classic' keeps getting banded around, would a little nostalgia kill anyone?

I'm in support of this. We need a flying creature.

Enthusiast
    lol unquie races, went away along time ago, to many cry babies that mages and thiefs had to much power, then that to much power, funny thing is, everything has a weakness, deal with it!

couldn't have said that better myself.

Go on OMAC, you get 10 points if you bring back avians and i'll chuck in a gold star if you rename gnomes as halflings.

Enthusiast
    I'll have your babies and totally start being supportive if you give them the old halfling bonuses too
    #strategy

Proud member of the 'I joined these forums before DylanC' club

Ok this has become old news, the fact is they have or haven't take this idea on board.
    NO matter how much you ladies go on about races, you will not have your way exactly.
    They are either considering and formulating Avian and Undead races into the game or not.
    I would hedge a bet at saying, UK has Undead from what i gathered from previous posts and by making it have 8-9 races, needless to say they must have thought about Avian and Undead at some point....leading me to believe they will implement it if UK is successful and becasue they want it to be as success, if it fails which I think it will becasue Utopia Players are not 100% convinced about(without calling it the game UTOPIA players have wanted forever and ever...) they might just not add in Avian and Undead due to the fact it never attracted much attention on UK.

Although having said that, if OMAC/JOLT have a brain cell between them, they will realise the figures on WoL have dropped badly since races were cut down and the bonuses of elites were taken away. Bring back elite bonuses, reinstate old races, and revert back to the old formulas for science and let the game run free, not to the extent human sages take the $%^ out of the game :)

Finally my last point would be to say I have posted a rather good suggestion which I think deserves a good look at and would be a welcomed change for the new coding of the game if they could add it in.

I suggested a War Page, this will enable KD's to hold a record for the age of current and previous wars, including a total of spells, ops, attacks. Province stats to see who was casting spells & ops. Aswell as holding the records of the whole war including hostilities leading up to war with a certain KD if selected via the War Page(incase there is a day or two of hostilities) As this data is all stored somewhere, as it is able to be displayed in the papaer and last month, aswell as the amount of spells in "Your History" in the council page. If you think about it the game knows when your spells run out, when your army is home, who you attack, what spells you casted and on who....all this information if collected somewhere. I am just saying that it would be beneficial to be represented in a page called the War-Page.
    This would also include a war meter, which would NOT decide the wars outcome but merely show who is ahead, aswell as that both KD's would have the same Hostilities and War Paper - NO ONE could manipulate these figures on both sides and there could be no arguing who won the war and who is ahead by so many acres. This War Page would also take into consideration the explored acres or acres diced/LL in war so that it was balanced.
    It would also hold previous war data as I said so you can see & save this data and see what race you had worked well for the KD and who against. More details can be found if you look for my post in Suggestion.

Post Fiend
    Bring back avians and undead....alan 12 spamspamspamspamdidn'treadtoolong.
    "You're a failtroll Newark." - Catwalk

Thread Information