Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The KD I am part of.

Swirvin' Birds, any player who wishes to play in a decent kingdom can find one very easily if he puts in a minimum of effort.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

You can find one. But, do they want a once a day login person?
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

poor ma =(
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Post Fiend
    I log in about 10 times a day during a war. But I don't use IRC I think I have the IRC firefox addon but I don't see the point. Why not use the kingdom forum?
    now it's been 10,000 years
    man has cried a billion tears
    for what he never knew
    now man's reign is through
    but through the eternal night

so very far away
    the twinkling of starlight
    maybe it's only yesterday...

Ezzerland
    You obviously have a very poor understanding of "team" games. Period.

Dolgil, why would you want to play in a kingdom that sets higher expectations than you care for? If you randomed into such a kingdom, you'd be asked to leave. It is not the norm to have once-per-day activity, and those players will have to band together with other players who share an equal commitment to the game. Competing with other kingdoms at the same level. It may not be nice, it may not be fair, but that's simply how it is whether trading is legal or not. Even if we assumed people followed the rules.

SB's statement was that you could only join a decent kingdom if you're part of the in crowd, that is what I refuted as it is utterly false. When I recruit I don't care much about references or experience, I care about whether or not the player is interested in living up to our expectations or not and will try to determine if he's able to do so. I have taken in players before who have played for less than 2 months, some of them working out very well.

If SB stated that you can only join a decent kingdom if your activity allows for 2 logins per day on average, he would be correct. I don't see it as a problem that a certain minimal activity level is required to fully enjoy this game. There is a place for players with very limited activity as well, and we should work to make the game more enjoyable for them. We don't do that by putting them in kingdoms where they don't belong.

010101, IRC is an excellent means of communications in kingdoms that are able to establish it as a standard. I have tried both, and IRC makes the game more enjoyable for me as well as letting me manage the kingdom better due to more efficient communications. I have no problems with you preferring forums over IRC, and I assume you have no problems with me preferring IRC over forums. As you stated, you're very happy where you are and I'm happy you're enjoying yourself. I quite agree with your earlier sentiments in this thread.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    You obviously have a very poor understanding of "team" games. Period.
    You are funny. Just because I don't use IRC I don't understand "team" games. What does IRC do that you cannot do in the kingdom forum? Since Utopia is an international game there are people from lots of different time zones. When I log in, most of the time I hardly ever see anyone else active in the kingdom since most of them live in other time zones.

What use is it to be in a chat room when I am alone there.

Also I think but I am not really sure about this that IRC is popular in the US but where I live no one I know uses IRC.
    for what he never knew

so very far away

the amount of organization that can be gained from using irc vs kingdom forum can't even be compared.

and you're right, it's not all that popular. it is for this game though ;)

it does however, open you up to more friends, better knowing your kingdom mates and getting to know people from other kingdoms. in your better kingdoms, it's not uncommon to see 25 people on irc for a wave. it's also a better means of communication, because you don't have to worry about if someone saw your post in the forums. you can line up hits as people come online etc, not just post what to do and hope people read and follow.
    #Beastblood

Post Fiend
    Swirvin' Birds, any player who wishes to play in a decent kingdom can find one very easily if he puts in a minimum of effort.
    Notice the words 'decent kingdom'. From a player who doesn't think making 14 attacks on a kingdom isn't a 'wave'. You've got a reality problem there Catwalk.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
    You are funny. Just because I don't use IRC I don't understand "team" games. What does IRC do that you cannot do in the kingdom forum?
    That's right. You don't. IRC does a lot you obviously don't know about. That is why you fail. Now stay in your ghetto. Stay. Good puppy.
    "You're a failtroll Newark." - Catwalk

Post Fiend
    I can see your point Shockwave. But to be 100% honest I work about 40 hours a week, I raid in WoW about 2-4 nights a week, if I would spent my other evenings in IRC I think my girlfriend would not enjoy that. Also IRC irritates me, somehow I cannot seem to get it, I log in sometimes I see other people there as well but I never see any messages. I guess I am just to old(lazy) for this.

Service Level: Basic
    Last Login: 2:39 PM
    Logins: 158
    Minutes: 1680

Ps
    I'm Dutch.

@Newark, rawr, you sexy keyboard warrior.
    for what he never knew

so very far away

meh i'm pretty old and lazy. i'm on irc 24/7 and i still have found time to put in a couple thousand hours of play in guild wars over the last year and a half, on top of work. it's called idling =) as long as you're there when needed, that's what's important.
    #Beastblood

I guess my KD is an exception then. We play for fun and are very relaxed when it comes to build strats, race/personality choice etc.

This age we are 60-70ish in world with 4/4 war wins so far. Same thing last age with 4/5 war wins.

And funny thing is, we use nothing but in game messages and the forum. A few people have msn but it's not a demand from our side and you'll probably not find anyone online. :)

If you have good players that can think for themselves and check the paper/forum/pimp for chaintargets or whatever it'll be just fine.

Our KD doesn't even have a name. We're just hangin out in the forums, having fun and warring and I kinda like it that way. :)

Next age we're aiming for top 5 NW! ;)
    Last edited by Rick Danko; 24-03-2009 at 16:42.

RD, it is easy to get 4/4 while bashing ghettos. Grow to like 5-7mil nw at least and find a war there, you will see you cannot coordinate stuff through forums and PMs.. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave
    the amount of organization that can be gained from using irc vs kingdom forum can't even be compared.
    +1
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin' Birds View Post
    Only if your part of the 'IN CROWD' will he ever get out of a ghetto now days... If you don't hang out on ICQ all day your pretty much screwed. Period.

Too bad the hyperactive's and OMAC just don't get that fact.

Lol, someone sounds bitter, thats a horribly one sided post.

Like it or not, IRC use opens all kinds of windows to the improvement of your kingdom. Being part of the "In Crowd" changes little. That's assuming there's an "In Crowd" in the first place of course.
    Last edited by Lion; 24-03-2009 at 17:04.
    Utopia's a funny old place...

Thread Information