Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dragonwars: Flames of War OOC

Post Fiend
    Bloody hell, where is everyone? I'm going to move us along tomorrow.

Post Fiend
    I'm here.. sorry, but I thought Shari was gonna reply, but I guess I left little to reply to.. I'll try getting a post up soon.

Yeah... I don't have much to go on. I feel like im somehow cheating everyone by posting "Valstaaz nodded and entered the chamber." :|
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Regular
    "They waited for a time, passing the time in silence, as they waited for Khellendros was not one for idle chatter, and the things he needed to say, were to be said but once."

lol, I would have made small talk with Khellendros, but the above gave me pause. ;)

Post Fiend
    yeah... I wouldn't have posted it I would have known it was gonna take people this long to freaking post ;) OI.

Ah heck why not? I've been inactive for a long while anyway.

Name: Vanaduin

Brood: Gaeaus

Appearance: Appears to be made out of dun colored rocks with plantlife growing on various places on his hide. A snapping turtle like jaw, a round shell like back, and a long whip like tail are most notable features.

Breath: Adamant Shards (this can be focused into one large spear or sprayed out in many small shards in a small arc)

Characteristics: Gaeaus brood may not bee the biggest brood, or longest they most certainly are however the heaviest. This tends to make them poor flyers. Due to an unusual adaptation their hides tend to take on the characteristics of stone. Capable of supporting plant and animal life. In fact many do have various creatures living on or even in them. The Gaeaus brood tend to take things at a very slow place, so they are often mistaken for islands or small mountains. They seem not to have a neck, but are capable of stretching it out nearly the half the length of their body.

They tend to live very widespread from each other getting together rarely. They also tend to be more contemplative and as such were early supporters of the Sky Dragons.

By their very nature they are incredibly strong physically and highly durable. Though not very agile. While many dragons have foolishly thought that the sluggish Gaeaus brood were not a real threat in a fight, they have gotten foolishly close only to find that in short distances they are very quick. And most that have bitten don't get the chance to tell of how strong a Gaeaus broods bite strength actually is.

Bio: When Vanaduin had first heard the rumblings of Blood Flame brood leader he had thought it was the speak of a warmonger who would not be placated by mere words. He had hoped he was wrong though. His hopes were not to be realized. He spoke of his concerns with his brood leader, who then sent word of caution when the meeting between the sky dragons and the blood flame was being held.

When reports of the attack were heard, there was little surprise on Vanaduin's part. However when he heard of the cowardly slaughter of hatchlings and eggs, he couldn't find himself capable of believing that even PyroThraxus would have that kind of audacity.

The the attacks began. While it is said that no dragon is an island even ifthey have been mistaken from them, not even the Gaeaus brood were capable of withstanding the sheer numbers that came after them. And because of their reclusive nature there was usually no one nearby to come to their aid. Within a few years the Gaeaus brood has dropped to a small fraction of their previous numbers which were not very high to begin with.

Post Fiend
    sol, accepted, feel free to get to the meeting, I'm moving us on today, Everyone can post their entrence after the fact if they haven't already, since Khell won't start till everyone is there. I just have to get us moving or we won't ever get off the ground.

Post Fiend
    Oh one quick explanation, The chamber of the sky is rather legendary in the world of dragons, for it was the source of the true visions that led the Sky brood to their reputation for Wisdom and fair dealing. No one but the leader of the brrod was ever allowed to enter, so rumors legends and myths about the chamber and its powers abound, but one thing is etched like stone in those legends, if a SKy dragon speaks of things learned in the chamber, he speaks the truth.

Post Fiend
    Soryy for the lack of postings over the weekend, was travelling, will get one up today.

Omfg

Well...I'm back....for one thread only....and I already hate these forums. I had to resend my password and reactivate twice now. That's what happens when you disappear into the swamps surrounding the Raven Mountains.

I'd just copy and paste my old sheet into here but unfortunately (and due to viruses requiring the reformating of my computer) the file is no longer supported on wordpad because I don't know where my Miscrosoft Word cd is located so I can reinstall it. >_< Sucks to be me.

So I'll just have to do it from memory...which is sad because that god aweful code I made for GE is actually supported and I have it on word pad right now. >:D At least I can inflict the right amount of pain on our loving GM. Some of it might be different cuz I always end up adding something anyways... XD

So here goes something...if I have anything close to what anyone else has...I'm certain I can come up with a reasonable explanation (i.e. I thought of it first so nyeh! :p ).

Name: Ebonirion

Brood: Shadow

Appearance: Obsidian from nose to tail and covered in spines that can bristle like the fur on a cat. Cat-fish like 'whiskers' protrude from the tip of her snout in front of her nostrils. Emerald eyes that shimmer with flakes of silver. Claws on forelegs, aft legs, and spikes at the tip of the tail are webbed. Wings are small and usually consist of a skin-like membrane, while during winter months feathers cover the membrane facing outside the body when extended.

Breath: Acidic spittle (yes...spit) that can scortch rock and burn organic matter

Characteristics:

The Brood is the culmination of the Obsidian rock wyrm (resembling a scaley overgrown earthworm) that inhabit the mountains and the Onyx swamp drakes (resembling cat-fish like alligators) that inhabit the swamp land surrounding the mountains; formed over millenia of breeding and mutations. These dragons live in secret, often closely guarding themselves from other clans in order to survive. They are among the smallest of the dragons in size. Their strength is stealth and surprise rather than full out warfare. They are strategists, perferring to operate from the shadows. They have great speed and agility, with an uncanny ability to 'sense' things around them. They do not require light to 'see'.

Wings were fairly new to the Shadow Brood. Thought to be a rare mutation in the brood, few still harbor the oddity: most males do not have wings, while most all females have some form or adaptation for wings. Ebonirion is the only female to have achieved a feathery 'coat'.

Bio: Daughter of Thane the Head of the Shadow brood and Yandolyn, she is an oddity to the Shadow Brood but has proven her ability to survive. She is capable of clairvoyance, though most visions are not entirely clear. She tends to keep to herself as a 'Walker of the Shadows', a derogatory term used by her own brood for her strange ability to see things that are occuring in distant locations.

She has known Khellendros for most of her life (often calling him Khellanthros meaning 'friend of light') and feels he is the key to bringing peace to the world. She has done all in her power to bring the Shadow Brood to ally with Khellan, but knows that it will take far longer than the world has for her father to decide...longer still if Thorne, her courtier, inherits the Brood.
    Last edited by huntess; 14-04-2009 at 23:53.

Post Fiend
    Approved Hunty, welcome.

Post Fiend
    Hey guys, sry for the lack of postage lately... last 2 weeks have been stupid, I'll try and get something up today, but if not I prob won't be able to post till monday. I have a horse show tomorrow, and then a 12 hour drive on Sun. So... yeah.

Post Fiend
    Trying guys... sry sry.

Post Fiend
    I was kinda waiting for Darlok to post... but if he hasn't posted soon I'll move on to the next day.

Regular
    Sorry, been busy this past week. (My birthday, both my kids birthdays, and my cuz's birthday as well as the annual shutdown at my company starts this week). I'll have a post up by early tomorrow...

Thread Information