Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elf Warrior

Regular

Elf Warrior

I wanted to know if you guys think this is a viable war build for my elf warrior. My KD mate who is an Elf Sage has done very well with this particular build.

30% Homes
    10% Farms
    15% Banks
    20% TGs
    10% Guilds
    5% Towers
    10% Stables

2.5 tpa, 2.5 wpa. (75%-80% drafted)

This build is meant to allow you to over draft significantly without really hurting BE. It also allows one to grow quickly and the over drafting makes you almost unbreakable (to anyone around your NW) once you also include science. It does however require very attentive maintenance to your peasantry due to the over draft during war.

What I love about elf is that it does not really have a weakness. Can turtle well; not easy to op whatsoever...and the only thing can be done to you is dedicated chaining.

As I said before, from what I have seen, this build really allows you to keep your lands and grow with them rapidly. Also...as you grow your BE goes even higher. My KD mate during a 5 day war ended up with 113% BE...so she was like a dwarf without being susceptible to NS :). However, she does have higher science than me as she is a sage.

Also, since I am a warrior, do you think I should change the build up a little and exploit my personality and go with 13% Barracks? That should give me close to an 8 hour attack time.

Tell me what you guys think :)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigDizzy View Post
    I wanted to know if you guys think this is a viable war build for my elf warrior. My KD mate who is an Elf Sage has done very well with this particular build.

30% Homes
    10% Farms
    15% Banks
    20% TGs
    10% Guilds
    5% Towers
    10% Stables

2.5 tpa, 2.5 wpa. (75%-80% drafted)
    No GS's no RAx, really low guilds, are you sure this is a reasonable build. If you gain acres your guilds% drop and your durations suffer greatly, though with 2.5 wpa (I assume raw) you'll really only be doing fireballs or the like so duration is not as much an issue. If you get hit with trad marches you'll overpop quickly as you'll lose lots of acres but few troops no GS with -50% casualties. And you have at best 9.75 hour attack times without rax you really want 8 hour attack times if you can so you have 3 attacks per day during war, the whole point of going warrior is for fast attack times.

No towers, too many homes.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    @ Uzziah- This build is meant for a heavy attacker, not a hybrid. Therefore the guilds and towers are not as important. My raw wpas and tpas posted are just mainly for pitfalls, intel and defensive measures. As for rax...I agree, I will incorporate them :). Now, the reason i don't run GS is that my opa and dpa numbers should be very high. I will run 12 dspecs an acre and my offense should be more than sufficient (once you factor in increased wage rates, TGs, stables, draft %, and BE). I don't plan to get hit :). If I'm a target....then they will really have to open themselves up for the rest of my KD to bring down

@ VT2- The homes are the most crucial building to this particular build. The increased BE, pop, and birth rate allow me to grow quickly and overdraft while maintaining good thief/magic defense. Also...having little towers can be overcome by some many things....i.e. an easy thief target and aid. Any coordinated KD can ask for some runes on MSN or IRC if they are REALLY strapped for runes.

Regular
    You don't plan to get hit? :)

Usually, in war, the first to be chained are elves, because they get harder to chain as the war progresses. But you might be lucky if your KD has maybe 6-15 elves or more.

There's always going to be someone with high enough offense to hit you. Without GS your total population vs Capacity after getting hit will be horrendous, what more with your 30% homes, and -50% losses. You will be easy to overpop.
    I'd chain you if i know you had 30% homes :D

But someone correct me if i'm wrong.

/edit: ultimately it depends on what kind of KD you are in. Do you war ghettos (who don't chain) or organised KDs? Province buildstrats should be highly dependent on kingdom direction.
    Last edited by DetHStorM; 30-03-2009 at 19:42.

Enthusiast
    No WT.

The 25% failure rate from CS can be MVed and even if it's not a couple of A/T will eat you breakfast because they don't care about such a low failure rate.

GS are key for an elf as well.

Rax are key for any attacker - warrior or not. Might as well take advantage of your speed and push for 8 hour attack times.

Ever hear of the saying too much of a good thing is a bad thing? Too many homes are indeed a bad thing unless you are warring complete idiots then you can do whatever you want.

Regular
    Wellllll, I'm glad you asked that question DethStorm.

We are a KD consisting of Elves, Orcs, and 3 DE T/Ms.

My wording on the previous post was not correct :). As I mean I don't plan on getting hit, I really mean, I plan to get overlooked early on. As I said earlier..im running a high practical defense due to my sheer raw military numbers. 12 specs an acre is what...60 practical dpa raw?

As for max vs total population....that goes for any elf. Homes increase max....so...if anything that will save you for maybe 1 attack, lol.

Also, in our KD, our Orcs seem to attract a lot of the attention, heh. But that is their purpose in our Wars. To have double tap offense, lots of GS and Hospitals. The orcs are good chain finishers. Especially if they are brought down.

Enthusiast
    No one that knows what they are doing should overlook anyone with 30% homes. That's just asking to become a semi-bank come min time.

Regular
    No WT.

The 25% failure rate from CS can be MVed and even if it's not a couple of A/T will eat you breakfast because they don't care about such a low failure rate.
    Yea...I am worried about that as well. I am hoping my racial bonus, magic science, and raw wpa make it somewhat difficult to MV him. I am also very active...so I am logged on throughout most of the day and can regenerate my spells if I get MVed.

With this particular strat, I will not run GS. Sorry, but appreciate the input.

And...like I stated earlier, I agreed with Uzziah and plan to change the above stated build to incorporate 13% rax to exploit the short attack times as a warrior.

I'm playing Elf warrior too and what I have is:
    40 raw dpa (with all elites out) -> around 44-45 mod dpa
    80 mod opa
    1.5 wpa
    3+ tpa (I just converted from pure attacker to a/t)
    And for the next war my build strat will be:
    9% farms
    20% TG
    15 rax
    20% guildes+towers
    8% stables
    20% TD
    8% libs

With this I have 8.5h attack time (QF included) and I will be able to do lots of NS :)

he was actually talking about my province. for all the elf flamers here's what i have in it and it worked pretty good so far.

The Province of xxxxxxxxxxxx (xx:xx)

Server: World of Legends (Age 42)
    Utopian Date: April 14th, YR10
    RL Date: April 11th, 2009 (13:00 GMT)

Ruler Name: The Wise xxxxx
    Personality & Race: The Sage, Elf
    Land: 3,087 Acres
    Money: 45gc (42,361gc daily income)
    Food: 239,810 bushels
    Runes: 79,552 runes
    Population: 94,220 citizens (30.52 per Acre)
    Peasants: 18,458 (90% Building Efficiency)
    Trade Balance: 432,841gc

Military Eff. with Stance: 124.01% off. / 104.99% def.
    Soldiers: 566 (74.9% estimated draft rate)
    Rangers: 0
    Archers: 40,209 (211,076 defense)
    Elf Lords: 25,538 (190,020 offense / 107,249 defense)
    War-Horses: 19,200 (up to 23,810 additional offense)
    Prisoners: 0

Total Modified Offense: 214,532 (69.50 per Acre)
    Practical (100% elites): 214,532 (69.50 per Acre)
    Total Modified Defense: 318,919 (103.31 per Acre)
    Practical (0% elites): 211,670 (68.57 per Acre)

Thieves: 4,290 (1.39 per Acre / 100% Stealth)
    Wizards: 5,159 (1.67 per Acre / 100% Mana)

Buildings: 1,545gc to build, 1,122gc to raze
    Away bonus: 92,290gc (12h) / 276,870gc (20h)

1. Homes: 921 (29.8%)
    2. Farms: 273 (8.8%)
    3. Training Grounds: 618 (20%)
    4. Guilds: 305 (9.9%)
    5. Towers: 164 (5.3%)
    6. Libraries: 456 (14.8%)
    7. Stables: 320 (10.4%) + 30 in progress (+1%)

Total Land: 3,087 Acres (99% built)
    In Progress: 30 Acres (1%)

** Effects Summary (Available Buildings Only) **
    1. +7,368 maximum population, +75.28% birth rate
    2. Produce 17,180 bushels (21,475 with FL)
    3. +18.35% offense bonus
    4. Training about 5.48 wizards per hour
    5. Produce 1,769 runes per hour
    6. +25.18% science effects (not affected by BE)
    7. Produce 288 horses/hour, hold 19,200 horses

that province has 0 thief defense. Your entire strat is relying on homes. good thing there is no op even **** provs can do to destroy them. oh wait, you may be ****ed :p
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Sir Postalot
    wow, that elf is terrible...
    i dont think its even running 200% pay
    and it has the same def as off

thats just a bad bad prov...

drop 4 defspecs/acre
    get 2 raw tpa and 2.5 raw wpa
    get 2 more elites/acre

and for someone with 14% libs and 30% homes, your BE sucks
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Yep. And the same thing holds as before.

Any kd worth their warring socks will see high homes, high draft, no g.s (key for elf), no rax,low wpa/tpa, low offence to defence and screw you.

It works in the ghetto-lands because you will be hitting down and not correctly targetted with ops. being less effective due to you prolly being bigger..
    Hence your high def/ low off for the offensive buildings you run with high homes will not be exploited.

Drop a lot of the homes.Build rax. Build some banks maybe. Drop some farms.
    You could then x2 tap down for your kd quickly, whilst helping to fund things.

You can't do a/m now. So do intels for them.
    Break who you can if you have spare mana/stealth.

EDIT: Follow the greenie and bishop adv. written while I was writing this as well :)

that's exactly what this strat is for. we are in a semi-ghetto kd and i always hit down. You guys have to understand there are different strats to run for different kingdoms. were i in an SK kingdom i'd run less defense more offense obviously. However i always hit down and as far as the tpa is concerned throught the whole age i had no problem with it. all i do is intels and i was mainly used as the spear point. I can already double tap the opponent

All i wanted to show here is that this does work only if you're thinking out of the box

Thread Information