Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragonwars: Flames of War IC

Post Fiend
    Khellendros waited in the main chamber. Serinn was the first to arrive. He bowed ceremonially to her as well. Greeting her as simply as she greeted him. "Serinn." THen he waited for the others to show. Patience was engraved deep in dragon's bones for the most part. When one lived thousands of years what was minutes or hours? Days or weeks? What even were months and years? No, if it were not for the urgency, for the suddenness of this mission he would gladly wait and argue for a decade to make all here join with him. But he could not.

When all were present he said "Now, I would have your final answer, Yea or Nay. Will you join with me in Blood oath? A blood oath I swear to release you from upon the completion of our mission, the destruction of Pyrothraxus, and the ending of the Dragonwars? If you have wuestions let them be asked and answered as best I can, but no this, I leave this clan hold at the point when the sun is highest in the sky. And only those who have sworn shall accompany me. Those who will not, shall be allowed to leave in peace, bound only to never speak of this meeting to anyone. This I swear." It was dawn now, That gave them several hours to decide, and then whatever time the ceremony would take.

Khellendros waited. Not letting any of his anxiousness show on his face.

Post Fiend

Serinn - Winter Brood

Serinn sat down as she waited for the others to join them. The silence lay over them until Khellendros took up word when all had arrived. The time had come, she thought. Time to decide. Silence fell upon the group again when Khellendros had finished, waiting for their reply. Finally she took up word again.

"Your heart may be in the right place and the cause may be true, but how will I know that it will not change during the long quest we have in front of us?" she asked. "The Winter Dragons will always fight and do what they can for freedom, but the choice should always be theirs. I would never command them into battle unless they were not willing to go. But what if the time comes when dragons can be sacrificed for the better good?"

She looked straight at Khellendros and gave him a sincere look.

"You have lost much. More than anyone here and I know that you are willing to sacrifice your own life in order to end this war and in that ending the future of your own Brood. For that you will always have my deepest sorrow and fully respect. But can you promise that you one day are not willing to sacrifice others, to never use your power and through me control my Brood?"

Regular
    Ragnarok carefully let the decision weigh on his mind. He had already thought this process through many times over, but once more couldn't hurt. Even if he thought it would be useless to do so. In the end, he had indeed come up with the same result as almost every other time. 'They've got to be stopped and this is the only way...plus killing a few along the way will be fun to prove my clan stronger than theirs.'

Speaking again after Serinn had spoken her piece. "I, Ragnarok, agree to this blood oath. I've come far in this, and want some action for the travels. Point me in the right direction and I'll tear whatever stands in our way apart."

Regular
    Agadea watched the others stir uncomfortably when Khellendros again put forward hsi request. Ragnarok offered his oath, while Serinn asked about the safety of her brood. While obvious to Agadea that defeating Pyrothraxus was in the best interest of every broods safety, it was also obvious that there would be casualties along the way.

Raising his heads with pride, Agadeas two mouths moved in unison. "As I have spoken last night, you have my oath. While my decision may have been easier to make then others, it is made with no less thought or conviction. I believe I know your heart Khellendros, and that you are honest in your intent to free us of the oath when Pyrothraxus is no longer a threat." The words were spoken to Khellendros, but ment for the others present. The slumber dragon hoped that others sitting on the fence might be swayed by his words and the conviction behind them.

Valstaaz slept easily enough, despite the weight of the decision that lay ahead of him. He wanted to consult with his own brood leader, but Khellendros specifically asked them not to speak of this to anyone not present. Somehow, Valstaaz realized that he wouldn't be able to speak of it even if he were standing in front of his alpha with his mouth poised to make the words.

He awoke the following morning, having come no further in his decision. The oath would grant him power, but at the sacrifice of his will, should Khellendros choose to enforce that end of the bargain. Valstaaz lingered in his quarters for a while, but ultimately choose to join the others. He was among the last to arrive, but still in time to hear Khellendros bake his request again. Some made their decision to join him, others simply restated thier previous commitment. Serinn was still concerned about the future of her own brood, as she should be.

"Perhaps if we knew more of your plan, we could come to a decision easier," Valstaaz spoke as he approched Khellendros, this time bowing his head. "For some of us, this is not a choice that can be made on a whim or on blind faith. My brood was neutral and secluded by choice for centuries before this war. Taking your oath would rob my ability to make the choice not to do somthing that would endanger them. I must be convinced, Khellendros, not simply asked. That my kin not suffer the same tradegy that befell yours."

Valstaaz turned his head to face the others behind him, "Pyrothraxus is a threat to those that resist him. But in order to bring down a tyranny, you must cut off all its heads, not just the biggest one. Destroying him along will only give rise to another in its place. Then, our oath would have been for nothing," Valstaaz faced the sky dragon, "and your death will be in vain."
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Vanaduin gazed solemnly through the room. When a pause arose from those that had questions and those that had chosen already he took the opportunity to speak up. "The choice to take a life should not be so easily made. I am not speaking of Pyrothraxus, he has been given ample opportunity to make amends for his actions. I am speaking of yourself Khellendros, as well as the multitudes that follow Pyrothraxus. Many that follow him are hot of blood as is he. But there are those that are bound to him out of fear. Fear of what will befall themselves and those that they care about should they stand against him.

Khellendros I would give what aid I could, but not if the cost is your life. The nature of the Gaeaus brood is that of the earth. We shelter those weaker than ourselves and our wills are resolute. I know not how much aid I could give, but if it is anything let it be this. The taking of a life is no light price to be thrown about at whim. And remember even when Pyrothraxus is destroyed and his army is disbanded, still there is work to be done.

Post Fiend
    Khellendros listened intently, showing no sign of his inward joy at each acceptance, or his trepidation at each set of questions and protests. As they finished speaking he looked to each of them. He addressed Serinn first "Noble lady, I hear your concerns and they are the concerns of a true Clan leader. I cannot promise that their will never come a time when some dragons must be sacrificed for the greater good. In fact I would be a lier or a traitor if I did attempt such a promise, for this is war, and the heart of war is sacrificing lives for a greater cause. We could end the war now without sacrificing another life simply by surrendering, but that would cost us far more. I cannot swear that all of us will live, but by the strictures of the blood oath I cannot force you to give up your life, nor would I ever attempt too. I will however swear to you by whatever oath you require that I will never use the blood oath to force you to command your brood. In that you will always be free."

Then he turned to the others. "I'm sorry but the things I have seen, doom lies down the paths of revealing my plan before all involved have sworn. Doom lies down many paths. But as I have said I will not force any of you through the blood oath to do anything to command or endanger any others. I will only use the ability to compel you with the blood oath at greatest need, and never to endanger yourself or others. I do not know that I will ever use the compulsion aspect of the oath at all, that is not the true purpose of the oath. I will not say I'll never use it, but I will never compell you to endanger your clanmates or yourself."

"As for my decision to take my own life once our mission is well and truly completed, that is not a decision easily made, but it is one that is necessary. For me to maintain the bond beyond a certain point also leads to doom. Though not of the kind you all have feared, not the kind resultant from my own corruption. There will be much work after Pyrothraxus and his evil has been stamped out. But I cannot, I think, be a part of it. That is aside. I cannot bind you indefinantly, and there is only one path to release. It is the price I will have to pay. Time grows shorter, is there more? Or do have you each made you choice?"

ooc: SOrry if it's not my best, just wanted to make sure I got something down.

Post Fiend

Serinn - Winter Brood

Serinn listened to each and every word Khellendros gave and she could feel that her both her mind and heart had begun to sway in the same direction. But instead of rushing into it she fell silent, allowing her inner fears come to the surface before she could feel them all slip away, one by one. She would not give Khellendros her answer until she was really sure of the path that lay ahead. Whatever the other dragons did or said she took little notice of it, closing her eyes and shutting out her surrounding, taking a pose and holding it until all doubt had left her. If Khellendros had grown impatient he showed nothing of it when she finally lifted her head to look at him.

"I must admit I do not fully understand the need of this blood oath, but you have seen things that I have not. You have given your word to never use the blood oath to force me into commanding my own brood. It is not often a Winter Dragon put such a trust into another Brood, but I believe that you have earned your trust in more than one way in the past. With that I shall do what you ask of me, for the future of all ours broods."

She paused for a moment and gave him a nod of acceptence.

"The Winter Brood is not a violent brood by nature, but if you would ever break your word and the trust we hold in you, you will really feel the wrath of our brood," she added last.

Post Fiend
    ooc: Yay for posting again. Sorry Sorry for the abscence.

Just a quick one to get us moving again.

IC:
    Khellendros listened as Serinn spoke, and he nodded gravely to her. "I would expect no less from any dragon of true blood and noble heart."

With that he looked each of them in the eye and said "The time has come. If you will join with me, draw your front right inmost claw across your chest over your heart so that only a few drops of blood spill. Not much is needed from you, just something of yourself, freely given, for the magic to hold on to." If you do not desire to make this pact, then leave now with my blessing, but remember your oath never to tell of what transpired here."

Post Fiend
    OOC: wohoo! :)

IC: Serinn returned Khellendros' nodd, as the feeling of knowing that she had made the right decision only grew. Khellendros would not betray his word, that she could almost be sure of. The rest though troubled her but if Khellendros had decided to put his trust in them, as he had did in her when asking her to take the oath, she could do nothing but accept it. She had to believe that he would not do such a thing if anyone of them had been untrustworthy. Hope was all she could do.

She lowered her long neck looking at her white scaled chest, covering in white soft fur protecting her from the cold up north. She made a scratch deep enough to penetrate with her claw producing two drops falling on the floor and the rest colouring her fur. With anticipation she looked up at Khellendros, waiting for him to speak again telling them what to do. After all, this was an ancient oath that few of her clan had ever given.

Post Fiend
    ooc: hmmm well let's keep it moving and hopefully the others will pick back up.

IC:
    Khellendros nodded as each dragon in turn either spilt their blood or turned to leave. <So few...> but however many they were would be enough, they had to be enough. And selfishly each dragon that left was a relief in some small way, it was one fewer dragon whose pains and burdens he would have to bear. Finally all were decided and Khellendros began his portion of the ceremony. He began not by drawing his claw across his chest, drawing only a few drops of blood, but by plunging his foreclaw deep into the muscle, drawing a foutain of deep red blood. Instead of gasping with pain though he immediately began chanting the words of power, magic words that made no sense to the non-initiate. Even to those adept at magic it would have been hard to follow so complex was the flow and pattern.

The blood spreading on the floor from Khellendros's wound continued to flow, but it moved... differently. It didn't merely pool and spread, but flowed with a purpose. It flowed out and around forming a great circle around the other dragons. The drops of blood before them began to glow, a deep blue light igniting within them, seemingly impossibly deep within the drops, and yet quickly moving until the globules of blood each shone with a fierce blue light. The ring around the dragons, began to glow to, but different sections had different colors, each glowing for the coloration of a different dragon.

The great cavern seemed to fill with energy, the very air seemed to hum with it, adding a counterpoint to the constant chanting pouring from Khellendros's mouth even as the now barely audible splash of his lifeblood pouring from his chest slackened and stopped. The ring was complete, the blood all glowed. Now it all began to lift into the air, drops and ring all lifted The ring began to rotate, slowly at first, then picking up speed, the various colors of light moving past, gently, but speeding up, now they flashed by, blending together until it was nearly impossible to tell one color from another. The blue orbs of blood glowing incandescently began to move through the air as well, weaving intricate patterns, leaving behind a trail of light in the air. To the untrained eye it was merely a mass of light and bloos, but to the magicians eye, they formed runes of power, runes of binding and obligation. Other more obscure ones, and over it all, the master rune for duty.

As the light continued to flare and pulse, to flash and move, Khellendros's voice rose in volume, and dropped in pitch until it seemed the very bones of the mountain in which they stood were speaking through him. THe booming power of his voice seemed to drive into all present, until finally after a seemeing eternity of the blinding, booming exhibition of raw power, the ring suddenly burst apart, each color of the ring flared into three orbs of light, and with blinding speed traced the runes still hangning in the sir in blue. Each orb connected with an orb of blue,passing through it, and leaving seemingly unchanged. But the energy in the room seemed to crackle now instead of hum. Finally with a break that seemed audible though it was not, the orbs rushed towards a dragon, the blue orbs of the other dragons blood slammed into the wound in Khellendros's chest with a shivering blow, while the orbs of Khellendros's blood each went to the chest of the dragon for whom they were colored and gently entered, absorbed through scale and flesh as though they did not exist. The chanting stopped abruptly, and the sudden silence seemed deafening.

Then Khellendros spoke "My blood for yours, my life for yours. My strength for your pain. The bond is made let it be not broken until death sunders it."

Then Khellendros let out a brief draconic scream and collapsed, passed out.

ooc: each dragon will feel more vital, stronger, and possibly somewhat different in a way they just can't quite put their fingers on. React to all this as you see fit and I'll post again later.

As he watched white fur become dyed crimson, a chill ran through his body. He hoped the image before him was not a portent. Still his mind raced trying to ignore the feelings from the bad omen. But he could not come up with a viable alternative to the blood oath.

Maybe if he waited for the blood oath to be broken, he could pass on his life essence on to Khellendros. Still on a dead body there was no guarantee that he would revive.

Vanaduin grumbled loudly, and looked sorrowfully toward Khellendros. "Forgive me, for I am about to damn you to death."

Instead of raising his talon to his chest, he snaked his tail around. his talon was not long enough to pierce all the way through his rocky hide to the point were blood could be drawn. The tip of his tail seemed to meet resistance right away, but as Vanaduin increased pressure, the tail slowly bored it's way inside. Nearly five feet before he withdrew it again to show the tip slightly glistening with blood.

Post Fiend
    ooc: topsies. I've kind of written myself into a corner here until you guys react to the bonding and me fainting.

Post Fiend
    OOC: sorry for the wait. I've felt a bit uncreative lately and been quite busy.

IC: Whatever she had expected Serinn it was nothing of what was being played out before her. At first she was taken aback by the large amount of blood rushing out from Khellendros, but the feeling was soon replaced with amazement. She barely heard his words as she stared at the light forming around them, but even if she had focused on them they would have meant little to her. Instead she followed the blue orbs, as they made a beautiful pattern all around the room. Finally her eyes widened as she understood where the white orb was heading, waiting for the blow to come. But none came. Instead with a lack of better words there were only light. It felt like her whole body was radiating from the inside as the orb mixed with her blood, following her veins throughout her body. She felt light as a feather, almost as if her body would lift from the floor, but as the same time she could feel a strength pulsating inside of her like nothing she had felt before. Confused and amazed her feelings felt as mixed as her mind and body sent out mixed signals.

She opened her eyes to the world around her again, having not realised that they were closed. The room felt darker than it had before, as the light had vanished. Suddenly the silence that had followed was broken by Khellendros and she watched him, almost in slow motion, fall to the ground.

Serinn was one of the first to reach Khellendros and she gently felt his neck with her nose.

"His pulse is low," she said to no one in particular. She nudged him to see if he would react.

Thread Information