Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fake wars

fake wars

there is alot of fake wars going on so in order to reduce the amount or just not let the kds who are in fake wars to enjoy the benefits like:

-25% Military Training Time
    -75% Gains and Effectiveness for operations to and from other Kingdoms
    Lower Mana & Stealth Consumption

just make a minimum hits and Hostilities ops per day during all war long

something like:
    10 hits on either side per day (have to be successful hits)
    20 ops on either side per day (have to be hostile ops)

if both side are not in a fake war but just inactives/noobs kds then they wont enjoy the war benefits as well!

If you provided some actual evidence that there's a lot of fake warring going on, then perhaps people wouldn't consider you the laughing stock of the forum.

Since you're a n00b, I shall educate you.
    We had 'intensity' at one point. The effect?
    'Fake' wars fought on the mid-tier and the top were more 'intense' than 'real' wars fought on the low-tier and ghetto-level.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    If you provided some actual evidence that there's a lot of fake warring going on, then perhaps people wouldn't consider you the laughing stock of the forum.

Since you're a n00b, I shall educate you.
    We had 'intensity' at one point. The effect?
    'Fake' wars fought on the mid-tier and the top were more 'intense' than 'real' wars fought on the low-tier and ghetto-level.
    i pity your parents :)

What about my parents, n00b?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

bijo, your dad should have pulled out when you were conceived. that is just my opinion.

so don't err like he did. I suggest you do not breed.

Reasons your idea is poorly thought out:

1) You fail to demonstrate the existence of your proposed 'problem'.

2) You fail to properly address your proposed 'problem': FWs would probably still be beneficial, and KDs could still keep them going with bottomfeed plunders, stealing runes from DEs, etc, etc.

3) You fail to state what happens when your requirements aren't met.

4) You fail to evaluate the possible secondary effects of your suggestion: what about when KDs want an early CF, etc.

5) You just fail in general.

you guys fail to demonstrate that you know something else other then flaming :)

You're cluttering the boards with your posts, Bijo.
    Go away.

Post Demon
    I'd add another point to this:

Even if there were a lot of fake wars, how many ppl genuinely care?

Explorers shouldn't care, because you have some significant exploring penalties (no paradise is a killer also) in war that will slow you down more than help you.

Warring KDs shouldn't care, because people in fake wars don't affect their war records.

Lets face it, fake-warrers are not the most brave bunch if they resort to fake wars so they'd never war a KD near their strengh anyways so even if they were 'available', they'd refuse to war anyone half-decent so they might as well get in a fake war and officially label themselves as unavailable.

They can't even pump to prepare themselves better, because their science level is limited to 'active' and it takes forever to reach godlike levels at that rate.

So I reiterate my point, who cares? And more importantly if you do, should you really?

Regular
    Nice suggestions there

Postaholic
    the only thing about fake wars that needs fixing is that in the past, at least u'll know when the fake warred kd will come out and declare u. but now they can come out any time within a 24 hour frame, and it in a way overpowers FW a bit

maybe make it so u cannot declare another kingdom within 12 hours of exitting or something like that? it probably only be problematic to a few kingdoms on the entire server and make no difference whatsoever for the rest, but still would be nice for those few kds

Veteran
    Magn's post made me want to contribute as well, but first I will get the flaming out of the way. The OP's suggestion is retarded.

Now on to more interesting matters!

Even if there were a lot of fake wars, how many ppl genuinely care?
    Anyone who isn't FWing should care since KDs who FW get unfair advantages that they don't. Realistically I expect that most of those who are penalized by others using FW have long since countered this disadvantage by using FW in the same extent as others do, but there might be a few ones out there that still don't fw.

Explorers shouldn't care, because you have some significant exploring penalties (no paradise is a killer also) in war that will slow you down more than help you.

Warring KDs shouldn't care, because people in fake wars don't affect their war records.

Lets face it, fake-warrers are not the most brave bunch if they resort to fake wars so they'd never war a KD near their strengh anyways so even if they were 'available', they'd refuse to war anyone half-decent so they might as well get in a fake war and officially label themselves as unavailable.
    This part makes no sense at all, but I'll give it a try... I'm assuming that by "explorers" you mean exploring provinces whose KDs do not FW, considering that there are no explorer KDs this is the only possible explanation. Anyway, FW offers protection to the explorer whom you're competing with. He would be able to run much less defense in FW than you do since he gets -75% lost acres. He would be able to intra steal runes to fix TB by stealing from 0 thief provinces. Thanks to this the explorer can get massive resources from his KD mates that will help him during the explore jump he does when he comes out of FW. This can be done OOW as well, but it is a bigger risk since the 0 thief province easily can be robbed by others or be exposed to the enemy in the event of a hostile.

Warring KDs would be able to get wars with FWing KDs if the FWing KDs couldn't run off into FW, or at least they could get CFs. What happens these days is often that the FWing KD runs into FW and then either pumps for a week and declares war at a suitable time, or they go sit in FW and hit out of it, this can go on for a very long time and the FWing KD doesn't suffer the same losses or face the risk of going into war with the warring KD. For example it is a very good way for an all attacker KD to take advantage of a hybrid KD.

They can't even pump to prepare themselves better, because their science level is limited to 'active' and it takes forever to reach godlike levels at that rate.
    This is a completely false statement. The FWers pump the most useful resource of all in utopia, gold. Adding to that they can safely pump elites which do far more good than pumping science these days.

Edit: Waheed's suggestion of a "cool down period" would help a little to prevent the FW hopping that we often see.
    Last edited by AFKain; 13-04-2009 at 08:58.

so you say... there are kingdoms who create gold,rune and food-farms just to feed another kingdom?

you imply that there are kingdoms full of people with limitless resources stacked because they will feed the explorers?

if you're not implying this nothing of your statement gives any real positive to FW...
    Learn from your mistakes, don't sleep during wars.

Veteran
    so you say... there are kingdoms who create gold,rune and food-farms just to feed another kingdom?
    No. Read the part where it says "intra steal" again.

you imply that there are kingdoms full of people with limitless resources stacked because they will feed the explorers?
    Nope. I imply that FWing KDs get more resources than those who don't FW, since KDs who FW don't need to have war build or high draft. Any KD that has had successful explorers know that they need to be fed in order to be competetive. It is a given that KDs will do what they can to feed their explorer if that explorer is part of their KD plan, I'm not talking about solo explorers in some ghetto. FWing KDs can do this feeding easier.

if you're not implying this nothing of your statement gives any real positive to FW...
    Compare the incomes of a province running 45% draft and 35% banks and a province running 65% draft and 10% banks.
    Last edited by AFKain; 13-04-2009 at 11:46.

oh i see your point,

how you could take advantage in FW's, but is it easy to organise?
    Learn from your mistakes, don't sleep during wars.

Thread Information