Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you remember the boats?

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    I want to sniff coke offa hookers arse!
    Inhaling trailer trash arse sweat is not kool dood .......... o.O
    IMPERIALS KLA

I want my halfling/freak back.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    lol... 10-11 years ago we were all 14-15 years old, man, the game was NEVER, *never* how you described it. "Back in my day, we RESPECTED our elders!"

The lingo was just different. Trash talk happened just the same. In another 10 years, it will STILL happen, it'll just have different lingo again. Then the 14-15 year olds that play this game now will be writing up "quit" posts like yours and saying the exact same kind of thing...

I'm not trying to trash you or anything, we all move on in life, I just want you to recognize that you're being nostalgic for something that never existed. Good luck with your life! Maybe we'll see you back here some day. ;)

Back in the day, no one knew anything about anything, and to be a 'top' kingdom, you had to know basic math, why rainbows are bad for your build, plus have a lot of time to blow on a stupid 'summer fad.'
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    I want my halfling/freak back.
    +1 [extra text for minimum length]

And I really miss the stupidly awful age when you could not train elites at all, and you got them through having a lot of armories, and topfeeding like a pro constantly.

sounds like u got alot of memories, i played a couple ages with the boats, but i had to move to alabama, my parents weren't able to get internet around there so i went a couple years without.

we moved back to texas back around age 8-9 and that was my funnest time to be around

stayed for 4 ages until my dad passed away and had to move in with my mom on the otherside of the city. its been on and off from there, whenever i could get internet to play an age, moved to olkahoma and was stuck without internet in the sticks for 3 years lol, no i am back here in texas....
    What a rip-off. I went into our local bookstore and saw this huge
    display with a sign saying "Newly translated from the original French:
    37 mating positions." Noticing that the books were already wrapped in
    plain brown paper, I just hadda buy one.

Once safely at home I opened it, out of sight of my wife, and found
    that I had just purchased an expensive book about Chess.

been playing this game way too long on the way home last night they where talking about the anniversary of the Columbine massacre on the radio ....... and I remember talking to my American realm mates about it on IRC at the time .......

two of them still play in my Kingdom .......
    IMPERIALS KLA

I was playing way before that even happened.
    The one thing I'm not missing, for any reason whatsoever, is happiness.

Oh the "I Remember" threads... Lets see... I remember being one of the only LEGIT SKs. Right after the reshuffle (that caused many subsequent reshuffle rumors for all time) my KD was pure power. I was uber newb but had basic math skills. Pure attacker, pure ORC.

I missed rounds here and there but from the reshuffle played, oh, 11 or so in a row, maybe more. Boats were fun ways to be disabled, war was due to rivalry not for gain. Most SKs randomly bottomfed the newbie class.

Humans were sick income/science/attacking beasts whose offense was only lethal when pumped. Military Sciences adjusted strength, not gains. I think Orcs had a 9/1 age and ambush was a joke. The introduction of the undead, elves with the ability to inter kd cast spells costing no runes (the intro of the idea), and the freak personality. Against better judgement and advice from the monarch I always chose it for attacker. Sending 5-8% less than required on larger opponents and winning was clutch :) Freak Avian ruled :)

I could go on and on. What would be nice is to see WoL remain the same but have 'throwback' ages on Gen. IE, everything is per round 2 or 3. That would be awesome. Or maybe merge old ideas with new. No idea, but it would be kind of cool.

I was in the 7th grade when I started this. Graduated HS in 2004, college in 2008, and I've been in the USMC now for almost a year...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Pansies weren't a legit skd?

LL Pansies

and happiness was fun. made gaining honor worth while for growth instead of a buncha nub kds farming for #1 honor.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

I miss getting several hundred 'honor' from razes, that only destroyed building, then repeating that until I had huge 'honor.'

I miss getting several hundred 'honor' from razes, that only destroyed building, then repeating that until I had huge 'honor.'
    and learns and plunders yada yada leading to 150k honor and super bonuses and 1k 1 mil nw provs. no, that was pretty stupid.

on another note bring back missionary attacks! don't think i ever used it, but meh why not.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

I was playing way before that even happened.
    The one thing I'm not missing, for any reason whatsoever, is happiness.
    yeh I was playing earlier then as well but Mr superEpenis you took what I posted out of context; are you still playing in the same kingdom with people from back then ?

I was'nt banging the drum saying "ooooh look at me Im the Homer Simpson of utopia I've played it for ever" ........ I leave that up to you ........ all I was saying it was abit of a surprise having that radio show bring back memorys of IRC convo's I had with current Kingdom members .... tens years in the past.
    Last edited by Hurlin; 22-04-2009 at 04:56.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Thread Information