Thread: Orc Thieves

Orc Thieves

Just wondering, how is Orc thieves this age...

another thing is, do they spread plague only through attacks, or thieve ops as well. thanks, just a quick question. considering orc next age.

Orc spreads plague through attacks and by getting attacks. Offensive and defensive.
    Don't think they spread the plague through thieve ops.

And orcs thieves are as good as any other, with the exceptions Gnome (+ 40%) and Dwarf (- 20%).
    Never argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down and beat you with experience!

Veteran
    orc thieves are as good as any other????

at their very basic level sure, but the game is based on modifiers, and Orcs are hurt by them not being able to sci pump crime that much, so they arent "as good as any other"

Good thieves: elves, humans, gnomes

Post Fiend
    I did not spread plague when doing NS this age, so it's a NO :p

Orc thieves are as good as any other, that's almost true.

I don't get less gains from thief ops. Just maintaining and retraining those dead thieves are a problem - 600 gc :(

Orcs are relatively worse thieves because that would mean giving less priority to their main strength. All their bonuses are geared towards getting as many ogres up and running as possible, boosting them with TG and barracks.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Catwalk, yeah, well he asked about thieves. And I gave him an answer.

Turtle man, I didn't assume there were any modifiers that should/had to be implemented.
    Never argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down and beat you with experience!

Sir Postalot
    orcs might not be able to "pump" sci
    but they sure can learn it =)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

exactly! i have more science as an orc than our sages!!

And I told you why I think your answer was wrong :) You ignore opportunity cost, which is higher for orcs than for other races imo. Assuming he meant orc for A/t rather than just asking for orc modifiers to thievery.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    I've enjoyed playing orc/warrior A/T this age.It takes a good amount of sci. with any race to be effective,orc is no different.My current 1500 acre province has a 90 opa/40 dpa(when all leets are out) and 3.0 raw tpa ,mod. over 7.0 BE is around 85% at 64% draft.I've had some success as a thief...:)

An Orc in our KD just got over 300k from learn. Couple of them and he doesnt need to sci pump. Providing the sci stolen was from a person who invested heavily in crime science I dont see why an Orc thieve isnt as viable as the next.

Sure other races seem more obvious to choose and potentially it *may* be easier to create a better thief than an orc, but it can be done. I am sure there are players out there that could work this in some how without losing too much of their offensive capabilities.
    - = Paintrain = -

As ORC you need firsthand to concentrate on it's biggest advantages wich is offense, TG's and RAX, lots of military troops high DR.. do you have enough pop to have a decent raw tpa and maintaining a high BE to increase the effectiveness of TG's hence your offence?.. so how many TD's would you use? where would you get the acres from?

Where would you get the science from the first week or two? next age is gonna be like a month old, like genesis most people wont dedicate much time on science cause they would probably be so busy with warring/rebuilding.

there are NO ONE to grab books from..

orc is weak thief but great attacker, but if you would go hybrid A/t is still the best choice.. you will probably be able to break some ppl with 0 tpa and people without WT's and such..
    Learn from your mistakes, don't sleep during wars.

Post Fiend
    It's not efficient, nor effective from a competitive standpoint. If you're playing in a lesser Kingdom then you can get away with running such builds because there's more important things you can do to increase output.

You can run a Gnome Mystic or a Dwarf Rogue if you want; the fact it's possible to do either of those things doesn't make it a worthwhile endeavour.

technically from a pure numbers standpoint, orc/rogue can achieve higher numbers and mods than a gnome rogue with clever calculating, if you're going for a A/T role. However, like Spheric said, just cause its possible doe not mean its practical. Its like driving a Lamborghini at 20km/h on the highway. You can, but why would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    technically from a pure numbers standpoint, orc/rogue can achieve higher numbers and mods than a gnome rogue with clever calculating, if you're going for a A/T role. However, like Spheric said, just cause its possible doe not mean its practical. Its like driving a Lamborghini at 20km/h on the highway. You can, but why would you?
    Exactly what I was trying to say aswell.

Its possible, but whats the point?
    - = Paintrain = -

Thread Information