Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WoL Changes Discussion

Utopia & Earth development

WoL Changes Discussion

Please keep things concise - see the post here for info! :)

do NOT allow elves to cast self spells on other please...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Regular
    I'm not sure I understand the point of the 100a threshold on razing in war, as it doesn't really address the problem with a lack of raze in war. You still want people to be able to razekill out of war but not in war?

Post Fiend
    Roisin, are you on GLUE! The genesis changes suck ****.

And what happened to ending the age in June like was previously posted.

-keep Undead in the game

yes plz, lets have a short fun age before summer

Wasn't the age ending in the first week of june as previously stated?
    The races are fine as they are now, so why change them?(Although an Undead addition would be hilarious, maybe bring back avian too!)

Veteran
    Bringing UD back would be cool. I don't really like any of the other genesis races however.

Post Fiend
    You guys need to be more consistant with your plans. Changing things back and forth doesnt help anything and it really pisses people off. Especially when you change your mind 2-3 times in a matter of a couple days.

Correcting myself, the bulk of the changes in genesis are stupid. The undead addition is nice, but still needs to be balanced. Fanatix is right, the current races are good as they are. Maybe some slight tweeks, but nothing major like the +100% food consumption which is stupid. If you want to hurt gnomes more make their BR slightly less. But they are weak enough as it is.

See announcements and the latest blog for why it was decided to have a quick last new age.

Post Fiend
    Forget about the raze acres cap (we all know it will be full of bugs anyway) and just remove the ability to raze land in war.

-Bring over the dicing takes from pool. I like that change definitely. Means nobody is uncatchable and levels the playing field.

-Give Absalom their own server and move all Absalom kingdoms there so they can dice all day and be happy. Will also make everyone else in Utopia happy as nobody will miss them.

kthxbye

Post Fiend
    I saw the announcement Lydias, it still shows how inconsistant you guys are. Just because you give reasons why you are chaning your mind back and forth doesn't mean you arent inconsistant.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownGhost View Post
    -Give Absalom their own server and move all Absalom kingdoms there so they can dice all day and be happy. Will also make everyone else in Utopia happy as nobody will miss them.
    lol I like that one!

"don't allow provinces to be razed below 100 acres (in war only)"

Firstly, you are awesome for bringing razes back.

Secondly, if they get razed to 100a, it's worse than if they just get killed off. Unless you gave them some form of explore credits which they can use at the end of war cf, as an inverse function of how many acres were razed off them.

Most would honestly rather respawn in their kingdoms at starting size again (presumably with more resources depending on which point in the age it is) than build up from 100a.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Enthusiast
    @jennahaze
    http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=591050

a short age, because people asked for it.
    So tiresome that ppl are forever yelling on both ends.

Thread Information