Thread: How does declaring war work?

Post Fiend

How does declaring war work?

NOOB ALERT!

Sorry guys/gals, I guess I don't understand how declaring war works between kingdoms. I understand that after a certain number of hits (the number depends on type of attack and kingdom status) the kingdom's go to hostile and a war button appears where the king has the opportunity to declare war on the hostile kingdom.

Assuming all my above assumptions are correct here are my questions.
    1. What is the war button? Is it just a button that pushes the conflict to war?
    2. Do both kingdom's get the war button?
    ---2a. If only one kingdom gets the war button how is it decided who gets it?
    ---2b. Do the two kingdoms get the war button at different times?

Thank you for your help in helping me to understand this!

Enthusiast
    why dont u just read the guide before asking questions. its all there laid out neatly for u .

Post Fiend
    Crimson, I'm guessing you are the one who wrote the guide since both your answer here and what you wrote in the guide's section on warfare both offered me little to no help.

The reason I use the forums is to get or give answers. It is unfortunate that there are so many people like you who use it as a place to troll, rather than a place to assist each other and discuss Utopia.

What I really would like to understand is if both Kingdom's in a conflict can get the war button or if it is only one kingdom who gets it. If it is only one kingdom who gets the button then how is it determined which kingdom gets it. Thanks

Enthusiast
    In a world where battle is a common occurance, it appears natural that at times strife between kingdoms will increase. Attacks increase the level of conflict between two kingdoms and continued conflict will raise your relations with a kingdom to Unfriendly and then to Hostile. Sometimes, a kingdom will receive the option to Declare War on another which is strongly hostile to them. If declared, war will commence immediately, but the bonuses and drawbacks slowly go into effect over the course of the first 24 hours of war. War is designed to allow kingdoms to enter a mutual conflict with limited interference from other kingdoms. When in war, all other diplomatic relations cease for the duration of the war. War will last for no less than 48 hours, and no kingdom can ever declare war with a kingdom less than half their networth. Two kingdoms' Monarchs may also agree to a mutual Ceasefire at any time. Ceasefires can be cancelled at any time but can serve to cease hostilities between kingdoms.

learn to read

Enthusiast

Post Fiend
    Three for unfriendly, like five or six for hostile.
    The least aggressive side in a conflict gains the ability to declare war on the more aggressive side.

All attacks, bar ambush, increase the invisible meter, but massacre, plunder, and learn are 'less' hostile than traditional march, conquest, and raze, and increase the meter slower.
    -VT2

Thanks Dlaf. Exactly the info I was looking for!

Enthusiast
    actually the detailed info was

trad marches are 1
    learns/plunders/massacres are .5
    ambushes are 0.25-.50 not sure on the exact amount but they do count and are right around the L/P/M amounts
    conquests are 1
    failed attacks are some unknown value 0- <1 depends on attack used, amount failed by, and is always less than 1.

Amount fades on the hour change 1st of the Month.

Aggressive stance doubles these values

2.5 points takes you to unfriendly so you can do 4 learns/massacres/plunders without getting to unfriendly.

~7-7.5 points takes you to hostile if you are in aggressive stance and have a province make a quad trad march into another kingdom they will have the button.

Thread Information