Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious Issue For Utopia

Enthusiast

Serious Issue For Utopia

i would guess some of you all might realise..
    the games is worse in each ages...

things like bug, change problem, and etc are not really solved completely by OMAC

And the guide for this game is not updated for new players????

and yet, i would guess
    OMAC industry is planning to killing the Utopia Games and Shut off the game in slowly and move all of us to UK games than make them earn $$?

I saw things happen
    old players leaving the games..
    new player entering the games ..is far more less.. than the ppl leaving

and no doubt multi acct exist in utopia now like hell lots of them..
    i persoanlly been run 3 WOL 3 GEN and OMAC did nothing at all to me..
    its simply...they just dont care..

what wrong with your investment planning and your operational planing in running browser games industry..??

persoanlly i am leaving the games but cant..coz love play strategy in war or individual growth...

i wondering how mehul can setup the game and start attracting more and more players into the games??

he is genius ..and brilliant enough to sell the games to OMAC
    i simply utopia is a dying games when time passes...

technology is improving day by day...a games with text and calculation is going to outdate 1 day...

and i would say..:D hahaha...
    OMAC invest is correct thing but unable to run the things nice..
    Dont blame me and ofrgive me if my post is offence..

It's very easy to get the game popular, but the one and only way there is very, very risky, and will either kill the game completely, or bring the game back in force.

Three steps.
    1) Deliver a quality service. Mehul did this.
    2) Punish cheaters, rather than tolerate them. Mehul failed to do this, and OMAC got threatened with people leaving when they tried.
    3) Advertize, and make it known that the game no longer rewards cheaters.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Enthusiast
    its not the games problem now..
    its OMAC plan are they planning to get Utopia now popular and attract more players to games?? and do quality service for free to maintain old players?

No..they not its simply they wan to let the game Dead..:D this just my opinion..:D
    I get tired with the games coz i need login a lot and spend lots of my time to play..
    maybe mine problem...:D

but i really lose interest to play it if i cant be active up..:zzz..

last post from me today..bb going sleep 5.30am..

Regular
    I think OMAC was Mehul competitor and just bought him out to burn the game down from the inside so we would be forced to play their crap. "Hey guys, we are really trying hard with Utopia, why dont you check out UK while you wait, its pretty much the same am I right?"

We are developing Utopia - do check out some of the recent classic Blog posts.

If by 'developing' you mean 'slowly destroying it from the inside,' you are right on the mark.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    My take on how to "save" Utopia:

1) New code. (They are doing this, big applause for this)

2) Eliminate cheaters/multi's. Only way I can see this being accomplished is to require every account to have a credit card attached to it. Charge $1 to set up the account. Then no other accounts can be setup with that CC. While very determined cheaters would still be able to get through, 99% wouldn't. I understand the problems this creates. Young players would have to convince their parents to pony up the CC. NOT an easy sell. Not to mention many current players balking at having to actually "PAY" to play... regardless, I still see these issues as being the lesser of two evils as the current evil is cancer to the game, and WILL kill it.

3) Add a graphical version. This wouldn't replace the text format, but would be an alternative to it. This would bring the game on par with other MMO's, ensuring that new players to the game have a better chance at understanding and welcoming the game.

4) Charge for the game in a way that isn't Pay-To-Play NOR Pay-To-Win. As NEITHER option will work. There are alternatives however. For example, charging $1 to remain with your current KD each age. Or $5 every six months to remain... whatever. If there's a proper kingdom forum, you can easily charge players to gain Avatars. "Micro transactions" is the way to go. - "Persuasion is better than force" - This would give the developers a revenue source from which they can both continue to develop the game as well as promote it. Which leads to my final point...

5) Advertise. This of course is essential to promoting the game. However, simply posting banners everywhere isn't the only way to get the word out. Especially as many with ad-blockers wouldn't get that word anyways... sending out press releases to game sites is a cheap and easy way. Contests are another. Multi-level marketing would work great for a game like Utopia. Every player you get to join, you get 50 cents, every player THAT player gets to join, you get 10 cents. This isn't a pyramid scheme, and it's been a successful method for rapid growth for many companies. Best thing is it's essentially free as you pay the players from the income from the new player.

Of course through all of this continued open conversations with the players have to take place. Advances and changes to the game must continue to keep the game fresh for everyone.

Maybe this has been OMAC's plan all along, but I gotta be honest with you, the whole "Utopia Kingdoms" debacle really put a serious dent into the credibility of everyone associated with OMAC. I've been, and still am, willing to be pretty forgiving for the other failures (such as the resets...) as I see them as growing pains. But once the new code is in place, we have to start seeing some pretty tangible progress else the death of Utopia won't be slow, it'll happen very quickly.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydias View Post
    When are you going to advertise utopia?

I'm doubting every good intentions of OMAC after the lies they make.

Quote Originally Posted by comport9 View Post
    My take on how to "save" Utopia:

1) New code. (They are doing this, big applause for this)

2) Eliminate cheaters/multi's. Only way I can see this being accomplished is to require every account to have a credit card attached to it. Charge $1 to set up the account. Then no other accounts can be setup with that CC. While very determined cheaters would still be able to get through, 99% wouldn't. I understand the problems this creates. Young players would have to convince their parents to pony up the CC. NOT an easy sell. Not to mention many current players balking at having to actually "PAY" to play... regardless, I still see these issues as being the lesser of two evils as the current evil is cancer to the game, and WILL kill it.

3) Add a graphical version. This wouldn't replace the text format, but would be an alternative to it. This would bring the game on par with other MMO's, ensuring that new players to the game have a better chance at understanding and welcoming the game.

4) Charge for the game in a way that isn't Pay-To-Play NOR Pay-To-Win. As NEITHER option will work. There are alternatives however. For example, charging $1 to remain with your current KD each age. Or $5 every six months to remain... whatever. If there's a proper kingdom forum, you can easily charge players to gain Avatars. "Micro transactions" is the way to go. - "Persuasion is better than force" - This would give the developers a revenue source from which they can both continue to develop the game as well as promote it. Which leads to my final point...

5) Advertise. This of course is essential to promoting the game. However, simply posting banners everywhere isn't the only way to get the word out. Especially as many with ad-blockers wouldn't get that word anyways... sending out press releases to game sites is a cheap and easy way. Contests are another. Multi-level marketing would work great for a game like Utopia. Every player you get to join, you get 50 cents, every player THAT player gets to join, you get 10 cents. This isn't a pyramid scheme, and it's been a successful method for rapid growth for many companies. Best thing is it's essentially free as you pay the players from the income from the new player.

Of course through all of this continued open conversations with the players have to take place. Advances and changes to the game must continue to keep the game fresh for everyone.

Maybe this has been OMAC's plan all along, but I gotta be honest with you, the whole "Utopia Kingdoms" debacle really put a serious dent into the credibility of everyone associated with OMAC. I've been, and still am, willing to be pretty forgiving for the other failures (such as the resets...) as I see them as growing pains. But once the new code is in place, we have to start seeing some pretty tangible progress else the death of Utopia won't be slow, it'll happen very quickly.
    This post is made of fail.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lydias View Post
    i do, about every 3 days.. even though they are only updated on weds...
    and there is almost nothing there.. ever. I believe you guys are actually developing utopia, but there is very little output from the team of 2 that are working on it. A 2 paragraph blog post once a week is not exactly showing us that they are doing a whole lot. But then again they could being doing so much that they do not have the time to write more than a few lines of "report" saying the same thing they've been saying for the past 6 or 7 weeks. which is a whole lot of nothing.

how about we gather $$ and buy this game from OMAC.

just gotta find someone well versed in whatever ancient code Mehul wrote the original in that is willing to spend the time to finish the new coding and TALK TO US!!!
    then I'd bet it wouldn't take much from each person to make the buy...
    As long as the crickets still live, there is hope.

Give OMAC time. They've only been around for a year, and are running multiple games. They are no where near as intelligent as Mehul, and the game was Mehuls baby. He did everything at the beginning to make it great, devoted lots of personnal time to the development. OMAC is a company, the game is a job to them. They'll never put forth the devotion that Mehul did when he owned it. Not saying OMAC is not putting there best effort, but they're definitly not putting there 'blood and sweat' into it. When the new code is up, they'll be able to handle the game better since they'll fully understand how it works. They have no clue how Mehul put this masterpiece together, probably why it's taking them so long with the new code. You guys just have to be patient.

Cheaters will always be around, they'll never go away. Everybody wants to be the best, and will do anything to accomplish that. I don't believe OMAC can stop cheating 100%, but they do need to put forth a better effort. Again when the new code is up, that will probably happen as new priorities will surface. Though there is a simple way to stop cheating.... just STOP CHEATING! The average age in the game isn't 12, grow up people, you don't need to cheat.

I really don't understand/believe the game is dying. The game is still just as great as it was when I started playing 10 years ago. Granted there's aspects of the game that I miss, but the strategy to the game remains the same. I understand there's a significant drop in players, but that's because the game is some 13 years old. People that have been playing since the early days have grown up, have moved on personnaly and changed priorites in life. They'll never forget this game, and who knows, they may return eventually to relive the glory days. Plus it's easier to get new people playing when there's 100k people running a province, word of mouth is powerful.
    Graphics is just silly, it's not utopia. Graphics are for the unimaginative. Graphics really don't enhance the gameplay, just give you something fancy to look at. Go play your xbox or playstation if you want graphics. Accept Utopia the way it is. But if it's needed to help bring in newbies, then so be it, adopt some graphics.

No matter what happens, I will play this game forever. I'm more addicted to this game than a druggie is to heroine. Several others in my kingdom are the same way. The only time when one of us happens to leave is due to RL, not because they're pissed that the game isn't changing to there liking or that they got bored. My love for the game will never die, even if the game somehow dies itself.

Here's an idea to keep the game alive. Whatever kingdom your in, stay there, stop jumping kingdoms. Stick through the rough times and help build it to something more. Play to better your kingdom, not your province, AND DO IT WITHOUT CHEATING!. I'm saying this to the people that haven't played in the same kingdom for more than 5 ages. I was a nomad for the first 8ish years of playing. The kingdom I'm in, I've been there for over a year, and believe me, the last year has been the best in my utopian 'career', and it keeps getting better.

OMAC, don't let Utopia Classic die. If it dies, Utopia Kingdoms dies. I'm sorry to say, I have no interest in playing your new game. Many others have the same mentality.

Utopia started it all. Always imitated, never duplicated. It's the best browser game ever, and always will be. Please take care of it.

must be the start of a new age the forums are full of ranty threads banging the woe is us drum
    IMPERIALS KLA

Thread Information