Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the crap people

Veteran

Stop the crap people

This post is for all the people that flame all day on OMAC.

I don't know why all shoot at them for getting up UK game. It's another game , cool. If you like it ok, if u do not even better but stop assuming things about how they steal utopia clasic players and other things. If OMAC plans to put to an end Utopia Clasic so be it, will be both OMAC and the players of the clasic game who would lose and not just the players.

For now I see OMAC actually listen to ideas and are involved into the game so no need to shoot at them all day long. Did they bring back the undeads and razes in wars? Yes they did. Did they remove some defense on all the races elites ? Yes they did. Did they cut the paradise and got it from explore pool? Yes they did. DO they want to make the game more fun and actually LISTEN to what the people want? YES THEY DO!

Then what's all the stupid whining and flaming? They made the UK game. GOOD FOR THEM AND FOR WHOM WANNA TRY IT. Me and many others I BET will stick to the clasic game after 1-2 weeks into UK. If the game is a copy of other game it's THEIR problem because people will not play it and not OUR problem.

So for now STOP whining like kids and enjoy the new cool changes OMAC got into game FOR YOU.

You want to raise a bridge between Utopia clasic players and OMAC? then continue to behave like these 2 stupid dogs VT2 and Catwalk do and u will have it.

Can we please have an OMAC admin post around something to chill all the guys who think the utopia clasic would be put to sleep? ( I still wonder how would they do it if they spend time on 2 guys for rewrite the code for it )

Sorry if I made you read a too long post but all the situation starts to be pathetic because second hand people in utopia who have nothing to do but just flame for ages. If they at least invest more in improving the way they play ....

I dont care anything about the new game myself.
    But bringing back undead overpowered was nice,NOT!
    Bringing back the old raze was nice,NOT!
    They listen to only a small minority of people that troll here.
    Raze wars are not fun,its just such a no brainer just like the undead.
    If you get the jump on raze or have just a few more active you win.
    And wining a raze war is just about as booring as you can get.
    Cool changes indeed,for a small minority that caint win a real war or mannage a decent province.
    btw hows the restart going for you? Its real bad for meny.
    Great management! NOT

Post Fiend
    I don't have a problem with OMAC in general and I do appreciate that screw-up moments for the classic game have become fewer but unfortunately those few screw-up moments have two big attributes: they are more annoying than the small ones put together and 2: when they happen no explanation is given in proper time.

Now let's take the start of this age for example: I login last night, start my new account for the new age, I choose to be my usual self of Human/Merchant. I log in today, I see message from monarch: All people play orc, gnome or undead.

I say: crap, undead?? WHere did that come from? It wasn't in the list when I started my account ...

So I reset my account, go back to choose my race and guess what, the human which was there at the beginning, wasn't there anymore. Instead, I see the undead.

I say, ok, I'll play Undead. I go to the Guide, to see the numbers. Well, there aren't any. How I am supposed to plan my STRATEGY, in a STRATEGY game without knowing what Undead is/does? It's not in the guide but the age has started.

Enthusiast
    http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=592104

this shud help you.
    OMAC should indeed make the guide far more newbie friendly.

But that said, the people you should refer to are your KDmates. There are tonnes of resources veterans can refer you to, which is not immediately obvious from the guide.

Enthusiast
    the problems with utopia classics that people are *****in about with good reason, lost provinces, and the only way to fix that is to delete and wait till the dead prov drops off the kd page, when with 12 hours till time starts getting back in time is unfeasible, also the cost of getting back is a trade code, when each kd only has 3,

what are kds with more than 3 broken provs gonna do?

nobody cares about uk's now because we see its crap and of no threat to UC

I agree to an extent with coss. He has valid points, and OMAC needs not be flamed with errant issues. But some of the issues, particularly with the guide, need to be fixed immediately. It's going to prove to be a huge problem in gaining new players as well as retaining old players.

There are some of us who simply won't go away, because we love the game, and have developed great relationships with the people in our kingdoms (and other kingdoms, for that matter). But most of the people who play Utopia are not in that boat, I think it's safe to assume.

Anyways, let's give OMAC a break, because they are trying to build this game to be better, and give us what we want. It's hard to do when you have 10000 players screaming for different things. They can take what they hear, and apparently they do read all the suggestions/complaints, and act from there.

The only thing I have a problem with, really, is the guide being updated, and also constant problems at the beginning of the age.
    dz comin at ya

FU has taken resources away from Utopia, and is also at risk of taking players away from Utopia. It was advertised with false claims. OMAC are still making newbie mistakes on Legends and have a list of basic issues to address, such as the guide. They're also making random changes on both Genesis and Legends due to time pressure which may or may not be kept, depending on which day you ask them on. There is good reason to criticize OMAC. I don't have faith in their good intentions anymore.
    Last edited by Catwalk; 03-05-2009 at 11:10.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

what resoucres ?
    IMPERIALS KLA

Allegedly, Roisin was inactive about Legends changes because she was busy working on the FU launch. And they obviously don't have resources to fix the guide (or just don't care).

so you dont know if they did take any resources away your just guessing ?

ok lets put it another light.

Do you work for OMAC ?

Have you traveled to Ireland to OMAC and dumpster dived ?

Do you actually have any physical evidence at all ?

ah Allegedly is'nt that latin for I have no ****ing idea Im just gonna lie to big note myself

I've always hated the public forums of utopia mainly because its full of people screaming about the injustices done to them their friends or some one they know, how the people running the game are ruining it, incompitent or just down right spitefull .... but these same people keep playing the game and keep posting on these forums .......

I think the reason I hate all that whining is because when a new person comes to a game like utopia the first thing the check out is the forums ...... and utopia's is full of whiney children .......
    Last edited by Hurlin; 03-05-2009 at 11:26.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Well, Roisin was put in charge of Legends changes. She has been working on UK = resources taken away from Legends => plenty ridiculous stuff has been implemented and feedback ignored. Speculating that the guide failure (at least not remedying it already) is in part due to the focus on UK is indeed speculation. However, they either don't have resources to take care of it, don't care or are incompetent. I grant that the last two possibilities are also feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    Well, Roisin was put in charge of Legends changes. She has been working on UK = resources taken away from Legends =>
    Do you work for OMAC ?

Do you know anyone who works for OMAC ?

How do you know the inner workings of OMAC ?

You only know what was publicly posted by OMAC not if she was replaced or not you just dont know all you know is what you think.

plenty ridiculous stuff has been implemented and feedback ignored.
    Opinion not fact

Speculating that the guide failure (at least not remedying it already) is in part due to the focus on UK is indeed speculation. However,
    Opinion not fact

they either don't have resources to take care of it, don't care or are incompetent.
    Once again opinion not facts.

...... I also modified my earlier reply ....
    IMPERIALS KLA

Do you know anyone who works for OMAC ?

How do you know the inner workings of OMAC ?

You only know what was publicly posted by OMAC not if she was replaced or not you just dont know all you know is what you think.
    Yes, I have a bit of inside information backing my above assertions.

I don't understand your obsession with disqualifying opinions. It's just about impossible to have a useful discussion if opinions are banned. You're certainly free to claim that OMAC spent considerable time on the Legends start and that the feedback process went smoothly.
    they either don't have resources to take care of it, don't care or are incompetent.
    That was just an attempt at an exhaustive list of explanations. If you have more, I'm all ears.

My apologies for using the word allegedly inappropriately, since I was referring to fact rather than speculation.

Post Fiend
    I agree to coss to the extent of OMAC actually taking care of Utopia as well and listening to the players to some degree, i even applauded the changes they made this age. Even more praise worthy is their effort to recode the entire thing.

However, you don't see too many people complaining about that do you ?
    They are however complaining about how UK was advertised/marketed and what it really is. Of course people feel cheated and have the rights to express their feelings on the boards, where, unfortunately, their posts are deleted/edited by 15 year old mods who take everything like it's a joke. Ofcourse this causes an even bigger uproar.

They make one mistake after another in terms of player interaction, maybe because they aren't used to a community which has an age average bigger than 20. Also, because of the way they respond to it all, the mods have proven themselves to be very troll-worthy material, it would be in their best interest to revise that.

I don't understand your obsession with disqualifying opinions. It's just about impossible to have a useful discussion if opinions are banned.

Because if your going to state your opinion is actually fact then your setting up a false eggxample of the state of utopia and thats damaging to the game.

Its simple state facts or dont go in swinging.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Thread Information