Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Britain Bans 16 for 'Fostering Extremism' Radio Host Savage

The people he voices his opinion about and (incites something to) as you say are the same people that would cut off your breast and disfigure your vagina if you simply looked at another man with the intent of passion.
    His anger is not towards his fellow man,he considers those religious fanatics as animals that need to be slaughtered.
    You think they care that you have a conscience or not? They don't.

There are religious fanatics that want you to conform or die and there are those that just want you to die,which one will you invite to your home and ask them to be politically correct?
    BOOYAH!

Postaholic
    Voicing your opinion is one thing. Actively encouraging people to break the law, inciting an environment of hatred where people are likely to breach the law, and racial discrimination, are completely different things.

There is a point where freedom of speech impedes on the rights of others to feel safe, secure, and to live without prejudice and harassment. I'm afraid i feel America has yet to find the courage to say "hold on, this is not right, this is hurting others" and start limiting it's people to that point. That is one point where I think countries like Britain and Australia have the right idea: you have the right to say what you like, as long it does not cause harm or degredation to others.

And as for which I would invite to my home? Neither. Both breach the laws of common decency towards your fellow human. Unfortunately, we cannot always pick out the ones that will do this. Sometimes, we just have to pick out those who stand out from the crowd, and are forthright in their beliefs that they should be allowed to degredate and humiliate others

It comes down to this: If we treat others the way they treat us, or encourage others to do the same, how can we possibly claim to be any better than them?
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

(There is a point where freedom of speech impedes on the rights of others to feel safe, secure, and to live without prejudice and harassment)

Not in this country thank God!
    BOOYAH!

Post Fiend
    Wait... Are you talking about the U.S?

There is a point where freedom of speech impedes on the rights of others to feel safe, secure, and to live without prejudice and harassment.
    If so, you're saying the U.S hasn't passed that point yet?

God Bless America
    Land of the Free
    Home of the Brave
    BOOYAH!

Post Fiend
    I do think any serious debate has been made impossible now.

Postaholic
    theres such a thing as too much freedom

Post Fiend
    Indeed.

edit: epic fail
    Last edited by Autoband0; 29-08-2009 at 22:14.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Winston Churchill
    Do not let spacious plans for a new world divert your energies from saving what is left of the old.

George S. Patton
    Better to fight for something than live for nothing.
    Last edited by allonons; 30-08-2009 at 12:44.
    BOOYAH!

Post Fiend
    Is there a point to your posts, allonons?

Perhaps
    BOOYAH!

Thread Information