Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Classic Blog June 3rd

Utopia Classic Blog June 3rd

Please use this thread to comment on the latest Utopia Classic blog which can be read here.
    Check out our Support Knowledge Base for quick answers to our most commonly asked questions.

Still struggling to make sense? post on the respective support boards for our games;
    Legends of Zork - Playboy Party - Utopia Kingdoms 'Everlasting'

Alternatively, submit a ticket via the support form links in our games or feel free to PM any member of the CM Team

Ezzerland
    Error 404 - Not Found

that's my comment.

here is the correct link:
    http://blog.swirve.com/2009/06/03/ut...date-3rd-june/

Flipping blog gave me the wrong URL, link is now fixed :)
    Check out our Support Knowledge Base for quick answers to our most commonly asked questions.

Still struggling to make sense? post on the respective support boards for our games;
    Legends of Zork - Playboy Party - Utopia Kingdoms 'Everlasting'

Alternatively, submit a ticket via the support form links in our games or feel free to PM any member of the CM Team

Boring.
    S E C R E T S

Ezzerland
    Thanks.

@Sean and Brian:
    So you'd only consider mergers of kingdoms that are without enough provinces to handle the merger? In the hypothetical situation that this is true, would it be against the rules to kill people off in your kingdom until you are small enough to merge with the kingdom you want to, with the players you want to?

I know you were asking for some potential abuse scenario's.. well, there is one. But I'd find it more beneficial to the game if people could create new kingdoms with groups of players or generate teams of their own, so to say. Randoms will always be important, but so is the ability for the game to expand.

So I'll ask:
    Is there any possible consideration on how the game should be fit to expand?

Regarding the "forum for suggestions", if the comment regarding a thread was directed at me, what I meant was the forum section you have no should work like the technical section does. Technical is the forum section, suggestions is a forum part of it.

Suggestions should be the forum section, and each forum within should have a concentrated direction for suggestions to go.
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 03-06-2009 at 18:03.

I'm going to ask my question from 2 weeks ago again.

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=594868

Sean and Brian, can you comment on this? What are the chances Jolt takes UC away from you and closes up shop like NS? The player base is already dying, what realistic time frame are they giving you to rebuild the community?
    S E C R E T S

>>> At the moment a monarch can’t force their kingdom-mates to use any tools outside of Utopia. <<<

hmmm... i thought OMAC changed that?

and i'm a bit disappointed that this much time has elapsed and we still have no definitive (or even possible) dates. Are we looking at 2 weeks? another month? another 6 months? This is starting to get beyond ridiculous.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    But I'd find it more beneficial to the game if people could create new kingdoms with groups of players or generate teams of their own, so to say. Randoms will always be important, but so is the ability for the game to expand.
    If you make it possible for groups of players to generate kingdoms from scratch instead of doing it over the span of a few ages you'll make it virtually impossible for randoms to get into decent kingdoms.

It took me about two ages to rebuild my kingdom. We had only ten core players and we traded people in relatively slowly. Thanks to some good randoms (those who are active and willing to learn) we got, we were done a lot faster.

If decent kingdoms will be able to merge into great kingdoms in one age, randoms will just keep falling into ghettos.

Three move codes are more than enough per age.

Ezzerland
    People said the same thing about legalized trading mourhelm. That if people were allowed to trade into better kingdoms then ghetto's would lose all their good players and it would soon then be impossible to get into top kds.

what actually happened was players in lesser kingdoms started messaging ppl asking if they had spots open and were able to join a more active kingdom. It actually made it easier for new players to get into better kingdoms, and not what you'd suggest. But, many good players still play in ghetto's, or non-top kds, not because they can't get into better kingdoms, but because they want to.

Anyway, since I wont be changing your mind anytime soon, I'm not going to continue arguing with you over the next x threads. There comes a time when the actual game developer needs to take a chance on a decision for what they believe is actually in the best interest of the game. I've made my proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    >>> At the moment a monarch can’t force their kingdom-mates to use any tools outside of Utopia. <<<

hmmm... i thought OMAC changed that?
    They did. You can know kill someone who refuses to use external tools.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    People said the same thing about legalized trading mourhelm. That if people were allowed to trade into better kingdoms then ghetto's would lose all their good players and it would soon then be impossible to get into top kds.

what actually happened was players in lesser kingdoms started messaging ppl asking if they had spots open and were able to join a more active kingdom. It actually made it easier for new players to get into better kingdoms, and not what you'd suggest. But, many good players still play in ghetto's, or non-top kds, not because they can't get into better kingdoms, but because they want to.

Anyway, since I wont be changing your mind anytime soon, I'm not going to continue arguing with you over the next x threads. There comes a time when the actual game developer needs to take a chance on a decision for what they believe is actually in the best interest of the game. I've made my proposal.
    Legalising trading evened the playing field while putting limitation on the amount of trading/moving possible. The balance is important. I already explained it before here.

Maybe consider adding trade codes. Don't add move codes or other options for moving.

Legalized trading hurt the playerbase beyond what those of you who aren't on the lower levels of play are capable of seeing.

Those of us who're stuck in ghettos can't use trades at all, and have our good players removed by those who can use them for something.
    Each age, we have the three moves, and if we're really lucky, we get to use one trade.

I don't know about you, but an 'evened playing field' doesn't reward those who sit on the top of the charts with more trades.

Postaholic
    You should read what I told VT2 here.

I'm sure he's doing better now, and that he will be happy to tell you how to make use of your trade codes.

Hmm, I can't trust that link, Mourhelm probably edited it to his favor.
    S E C R E T S

Mourhelm, since you're so allknowing, how do you suggest that I get my ten inactives to agree to trades?

That's why they don't work for us. We can use moves, and they make us improve as a team, but trades are useless to us.
    It's just dumb luck if we manage to get one of them online before they give up on the game, so we can arrange a trade.

Thread Information