Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Utopia Classic Blog June 3rd

aside from the fact that the functionality of the trading system is completely flawed and does not work properly. moves are much easier and are not buggy. and you don't have to ask anyone for their prov to trade
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotineia View Post
    Mourhelm, since you're so allknowing, how do you suggest that I get my ten inactives to agree to trades?

That's why they don't work for us. We can use moves, and they make us improve as a team, but trades are useless to us.
    It's just dumb luck if we manage to get one of them online before they give up on the game, so we can arrange a trade.
    We've been over this already in other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    aside from the fact that the functionality of the trading system is completely flawed and does not work properly. moves are much easier and are not buggy. and you don't have to ask anyone for their prov to trade
    http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=579211

umm Mourhelm, in all your infinite wisdom, why are you showing me a thread that does not address anything about a resolution of the bugginess in trades?

I'm not an idiot, and i DO know how to do them, and have done many of them successfuly.

but the fact is, it's still bugged, and difficult to use

and why does it take 4 f*cking minutes to post here on a regular basis?

*annoyed beyond belief*
    Last edited by Mourhelm; 04-06-2009 at 18:16. Reason: Double posts were merged.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    umm Mourhelm, in all your infinite wisdom, why are you showing me a thread that does not address anything about a resolution of the bugginess in trades?
    You're kidding, right?

why would i be kidding? it doesn't address (or in other words, resolve) any of the trading issues (and what I mean by that is that OMAC hasn't said anything about implementing any fixes/changes to the trading system, so one would have to "assume" that nothing is being done. So don't treat me like i'm an idiot

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=591980
    Last edited by Luth; 04-06-2009 at 18:34.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Postaholic
    This suggestion will make trading a lot easier and will resolve a lot of the issues, if it will just get implemented.

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=591980 <-- from the trade page:
    you may choose to either have your province fall inactive, or you may have your province remain in the hand of your monarch for some time, so that they may reassign it to another player.

Ezzerland
    Mourhelm is the only one who is allowed to have an opinion, and the only one that is allowed to be correct. Stop trying to fight against him, he is obviously right.

mourhelm, that was my point... IF it gets implemented. but for now, i have to assume that it's not going to be. and that suggestion also doesn't address the other bug issue either of the prov not dropping after trading.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Postaholic
    It's not a bug, but I agree it should change to drop the province immediately.

Ezzerland
    Is it a bug then that the system doesn't give more codes as the age goes on?

It very clearly said when it was released it would give extra codes out throughout the age.

I've had extra codes...
    You see, there's two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns... and those who dig.
    You dig.

ive been reading all this nonsense in their blogs.

maybe im missing something important in all these planned changes they are wanting/trying to implement.

but.

cant they just leave utopia classic as....well, utopia classic and not utopia 2.0.

thats just my opinion but i know alot of people who read the dev blog and get a bad feeling in their gut about whats to come. id rather they just focus on screwing with utopia kingdoms cause imo that game already BLOWS. then simply leave all these foreign features out of utopia (the real one).

really who wants to log in one day and see a totally different game and all they kept intact are the words(i.e. buildings)????? i dont.

so respectively, Brian and Sean. please try hard not to take away what we already know works...."dont fix whats not broken," "dont reinvent the wheel" ect.

even though they probably arent reading this.

agree completely...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Smile

Agreed.
    Shaken not stirred.

Forum Addict
    Mourhelm - I utterly disagree with you; in the ages of many randoms perhaps trade codes would be useful for mid to low tiered kingdoms. Right now they are totally useless.

Sean and Brian - as above - I really do worry about what you will decide to implement. I worry that the 'why' or 'why not' will not be clear for you.
    Please, never give alliances a formal role in the game. They've never had one for a very good reason. Anyone who wants to play a clan based game can find another game.
    As for the Council of Elders, even though I hate the idea, it's far better than having people who dont understand the game dynamics try to work through the impact of potential changes.

Thread Information