Thread: Gnome Shepherd

Gnome Shepherd

In need help with this combo. I am trying to go Hybrid A/T. Keeping a Raw 4 TPA.
    I have 50% draft giving me 95% BE. MW set at 200%
    This is my build.

1. Farms: 2%
    2. Banks: 20%
    3. Military Barracks: 19%
    4. Forts: 10%
    5. Guilds: 20%
    6. Towers: 8%
    7. Thieves' Dens: 15%
    8. Stables: 5%
    9. Dungeons: 1%

I am kind of new any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Post Fiend
    You won't have enough offense/defense with 50% draft, i suggest at least 60%, probably 65% if you're keeping 4 tpa raw.

The 19% rax is not useful if you don't have the offense. i suggest you allocate 10-15% to tg. Even with 65% draft, shepherd pop bonus, mw at 200% and that tg, you will be hard pressed to find a target till you can soften using t ops (probably only during wars). You can and should drop the rax to 10% or even remove them completely seeing that gnomes aren't suited to attacking so much (and you want to stay low and draw less attention from the opposing kingdom during war. 19% rax is sure to clue them in)

You might have overbuilt on the guilds too, pretty soon, you will have wasted space there. It's ok to keep those guilds until you get to desired wpa, and drop to about 15% or less. Ditto for towers, you don't need that much as an A/T.
    i assume you plan to steal horses with only 5% stables? 5% will be fine then.

- if you are in a kd that doens't war a lot I would get rid of all your towers. steal the runes you need, that's why you are a thief.
    - like Priel said, steal horses to get a bigger stock and try to hit when you army is home before next tick so you can keep all the horses you steal.
    - togehter with the point above goes that gnomes lose a lot of troops on hits because they can't use hopsitals. so you might want not too much rax. If you are in war, rax are a very important building though.
    - If you are in war I would lower the amount of banks to 10% or less. use your stealth to steal some money from your opponent if you really need it. +1 stealth allows to do a big amount of ops.
    - Attackers need a lot of offense to be usefull. so training grounds are a need for any normal attacker in war. tg are better then forts for attackers.
    - a last point to consider: sheperd has the pop bonus. this bonus works on homes aswell. If you have high drafrate (65% is possible for sheperds early age) you can use homes to keep your BE at a decent level without dropping to 70% or less. the use of homes is a big discussion so you'll have to figure out what you like most. the extra birthrates the homes gives aren't worth much if you plan on kidnapping.

Post Demon
    You'd definitely be wanting some honmes. Gnomes have appalling military so you need as much population as you can get if you want to keep 4 raw tpa.

less bank less rax ... 20% tds ... 15% guild higher tgs .... 5 dspa ... the rest leet

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

why would you run that many dspec? they just inflate your NW (5 nw vs 4 nw for elites). the only reason to run any is do use to kill off a dragon. (and possibly to use up free spec creds although imo ospec would be a better use for them

Well, this is probably just a basic strat:

15% homes
    2% farms
    10-12% Banks
    16% TG
    10% Rax
    14% Guilds
    3% Towers
    20% TD
    8-10% Stables

Running 60~ 68ish draft (as you get better sci) will keep nice off/turtling and your 4 tpa. 5dspa = 25 raw dpa(army out), your better off with 7 dspa imo = 35 raw dpa (with MP and 200% wage closer to 40 dpa army out) Steal the resources you need - mainly gc/ runes. FL if you need food. I don't know how you'd play but that's the strat i lean towards.

Also never let your stealth stay at 100%, always find some targets to steal from.

BTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyreal View Post
    why would you run that many dspec? they just inflate your NW (5 nw vs 4 nw for elites). the only reason to run any is do use to kill off a dragon. (and possibly to use up free spec creds although imo ospec would be a better use for them
    I don't know if you like being a suicider but srsly...
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

gnomes should go 100% elites all the time unless you keep your army out 100% of the time in which case you can build offspec. just because you have an elite doesn't mean you need to attack with all of them. one of their biggest bonuses is that they have an elite with 5 defence for only 4 NW.

Ahh right i forgot about the change to 5/5. All elites is viable and keeping 3-5 dspa for killing dragons is also viable Cheers Empyreal
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

o specs have less nw no?

Elite Unit – Golem (5/5, $400, 4.0 nw) taken from wiki.
    you still seem to be missing the point in why you would run elites over dspec. having a lower NW inflation do to trained units allows you to have more land and thus run a larger military at the same NW as your opponent. this is most obvious against humans who have a very inflated NW this age because they are all running high elite armies. a fully pumped gnome will run aprox 145 nwpa while a full human can easily be 170-180. lets see and example:
    1000 acre human at 170nwpa = 170k nw
    170k nw gnome at 145nwpa = (170k/145 = 1172)
    now the gnome is 17.2% bigger and thus has a raw military 17.2% bigger than the human. now i haven't worked out the numbers exactly to see who comes out on top with total offense/defense power (you wouldn't use an opa/dpa comparison because the gnome is bigger - duh)
    this is just to illustrate the importance of having high offense/defense per NW vs per acre because of the new gains system. imo gnome is powerful this age and completely overlooked although in long wars they have troubles do to their lack of hosps if you're an attacker (this can be compensated a little by thievery but you want to use that stealth on NS vs robbing)
    also the best use for spec credits imo is to save them for war when you have no money to train (for all OOW hits just retrain elites and save the credits for the end of a war when you're hurting.

edit: ospec have 4 nw so the same as an elite but why not just have an elite? a little more defence if you ever leave your army home.
    Last edited by Empyreal; 23-02-2010 at 18:54.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyreal View Post
    also the best use for spec credits imo is to save them for war when you have no money to train (for all OOW hits just retrain elites and save the credits for the end of a war when you're hurting.

edit: ospec have 4 nw so the same as an elite but why not just have an elite? a little more defence if you ever leave your army home.
    I think you just answered your own question. You would only train specs with spec credits, and only during wartime, during which I would personally rather train ospecs than dspecs due to the lower nw value of ospecs and the fact that ospecs would die on attack, making it easier to convert back to a full leet army after war if so desired.

Quote Originally Posted by raviy View Post
    I think you just answered your own question. You would only train specs with spec credits, and only during wartime, during which I would personally rather train ospecs than dspecs due to the lower nw value of ospecs and the fact that ospecs would die on attack, making it easier to convert back to a full leet army after war if so desired.
    you are 100% correct in training ospecs :)

Regular
    its not as simple as that empyreal. although a human elite is 6.5nw as opposed to a gnome's 4, there is still the 8attack vs 5attack. 8/6.5 = 1.23ish offence per nw and 5/4 = 1.25 so the gnome is still more nw efficient, but only just. add to the fact they need to have more land to match a humans army, more peas, more theives, more wiz, more everything to function at that size.. the slight nw advantage starts to diminish quickly. Also, with more land u attract more attention, and chaining hurts u more.

unless u have the time to look at it ridiculously closely, nw efficiency isnt really a problem and opa and dpa are far easier and just as informative of a provs worth

maybe gnome was overlooked but its not as cracked up as you are making it either

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by elozop View Post
    its not as simple as that empyreal. although a human elite is 6.5nw as opposed to a gnome's 4, there is still the 8attack vs 5attack. 8/6.5 = 1.23ish offence per nw and 5/4 = 1.25 so the gnome is still more nw efficient, but only just. add to the fact they need to have more land to match a humans army, more peas, more theives, more wiz, more everything to function at that size.. the slight nw advantage starts to diminish quickly. Also, with more land u attract more attention, and chaining hurts u more.

unless u have the time to look at it ridiculously closely, nw efficiency isnt really a problem and opa and dpa are far easier and just as informative of a provs worth

maybe gnome was overlooked but its not as cracked up as you are making it either
    space efficiency more than makes up for humans elite =)

take the simplified case of 1 built acre + 8 pez/acre = 63 nw/a

add one gnome elite, 5 opa at 67 nw/a
    add one human elite 8 opa at 69.5 nw/a

human is superior =)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Thread Information