Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: The general's compendium - we make strats for you.

You don't have fog, and your offense is the second lowest in the game. This makes your chocolate elf inferior.
    Avian can only beat dwarf if he gets rid of fog - the BE-bonus isn't a factor at all if the birds get the drop on your beards, which they really should.

With fog on, avian gets owned. Without fog, dwarf gets owned.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    I see you're point VT2 but I also find avian/warriors going directly at a dwarves pezzy count while the dwarves take in acres is most effective and is still giving you a hell of a drop on them.

Avian/warriors running nice tpa's massacring instead of land grabbing is my thoughts on beating all these dwarves. Even with fog in effect... It may end up being a longer war but I feel these dwarves are going to be opened and broke down very easily. I find the more active kingdom will win.
    "Don't try to win a war as one province, but as a kingdom with a strategy behind it." -Justin Karnes

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by jkarnes87 View Post
    I see you're point VT2 but I also find avian/warriors going directly at a dwarves pezzy count while the dwarves take in acres is most effective and is still giving you a hell of a drop on them.

Avian/warriors running nice tpa's massacring instead of land grabbing is my thoughts on beating all these dwarves. Even with fog in effect... It may end up being a longer war but I feel these dwarves are going to be opened and broke down very easily. I find the more active kingdom will win.
    With high activity, dwarves can put on fog so often, and mv is costly even if dwarves end up with very low wpa. Also, if the avian warriors start by massacring, nothing to stop the dwarves from doing similar tactic (thieves die more than wizzies if you have a/t avians and a/ms dwarves), i think longer wars might favour the dwarves though if they know how to adapt. They have similar attack time if 2/3 the attacks get fogged. Ultimately it comes down to who's more active as you said.

Postaholic
    Fog is so overated it almost fun to see ppl taliking about it.

Fog isn't over rated... It's incredibly useful in war.

+1 noob point
    Anzac ftw

Fog is something that can win you wars.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Postaholic
    lol right, its so hard to MV.

lol right, its so hard to fog.

the opp cost of a couple of failed MVs (failed as in failing to take off fog, AND failing the spell altogether) is actually rather high i would say.

Post Fiend
    Fog sucks,

when you're the guy getting fogged.

Fog makes n00bs not hit dwarves, regardless of what their monarchs order them to do.

Postaholic
    Its a great spell when its active >.<
    Last edited by NoseBlood; 31-01-2010 at 22:48.

Which it will be if you're up against a KD of any value. You're not going to get an MV off very easily, if at all, against a dwarf A/M (or, hell, A/m) if you're playing avian/warrior.

Oh Great and Glorious VT2, what are your thoughts on Elves this age?

They have average firepower and some handy spells, but they're not as fast as avian.

I already posted it in another thread but was wondering for your opinion for my human/shepherd strat. To start as explorer/thief and later on attacker/thief

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthr...Human-Shepherd

What do you think of this as my explorer/thief strat (once my army is trained) ?

15% homes
    3% farms
    22% arms
    15% guilds
    5% towers
    20% banks
    20% forts/watchtowers

Still a few open/unsure points for me:
    - I still am not sure about removing the homes fully. Because I have the feeling that in that case, my number of peasants will drop too much. At the other hand, attackers have a lot more military. Till what draft level can you sustain your army ?
    - Should i go for libs/schools instead of forts/watchtowers?
    - I have the impression that more then 11 dspa (=66dpa raw) is really a lot. Are there really a lot of people able/willing to break this ? Even if offense mods are higher then defense mods...

Besides, I guess that with this strat I could explore 100-120 acres/day. But if I would like to grow faster (lets says 200 acres/day, no idea if this is realistic) shouldn't I aim for more money or a completely difeerent strat maybe?
    Last edited by CheLord; 11-02-2010 at 08:18.

Thread Information