Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The general's compendium - we make strats for you.

Enthusiast
    undead is a pure attacker choice. The build strat shouldnt differ much from other attackers, use lots of rax/TGs you would be fine. I would also incorporate some homes, seeing that u should be making a lot of exchanges, and thus likely to be underpop a lot.

The most important aspect of playing undead, is knowing how to convert elites. Primarily, note that oversending diminishes conversion rate, so you ought to find targets you can barely break at your NW exactly. The NW range to look for would be 90%-110% of your own. If you are running super high offense (which you should), you should even be finding gnome turtlers to break. Dun let other noobs tell you its not possible to achieve 100 opa with specs. Undead generally have low NWPA, so if you are at same NW with a gnome with 180+ NWPA, you prolly have more land. Which means, if say you are at 150 NWPA, you should be able to break that gnome with just 80 opa.

Another important aspect of undead is off/def ratio. Suicidal is good. It incentivises people to retal you, so you make lots of exchanges in land. That keeps you from outgrowing your KD, and plays on your primary advantage, your immortal offense. But in war, being the lone suicider gets you killed fast before your KD can exploit the opportunity. Hence, undead plays best in a full-undead KD, where most if not all run low def and super high off just like you.

My KD ran undead with 25-30 dpa raw beginning of age, using rest army to offense. We won all our first 4 wars, so i find the strat pretty slick. Of cos, knowing when/how to chain is important to utilising all that offense.

What's a good in protection strat for a dwarf a/m. probably merchant or mystic. I don't think we'll be warring right oop.

Post Fiend
    Can you create a Dwarf Super Thief Guide and show the numbers.

Base it on a 1000acre provence.

It maybe stupid, but since VT2 is the ultimate, he should be able to nut one out. lol

Okay.
    This one's got vines' seal of approval on it.

50% thieves' dens.
    50% homes.

99% draft, all trained as thieves.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    in which situation or/and type of encounters (kds with a certain type of set up including pers/race) would you ever feel the need to use any of the other 3 types of dragons
    (saphirre,gold,emerald) what is the future of dragoning if anything needs to be changed?

what do you think of Orcs this age since its not on your fav list. what would you be your counter if u were to see them or there was a lot of em in the world. (strat,race/pers,drag)

Sapphire if the people you're warring have little army, but lots of TPA and WPA. Combine with watchtowers, and other defensive measures, to take away their strengths.
    Emerald is fun if you want to attrition people. Works lovely against orcs and gnomes.
    Gold is so situational, it's rarely useful.

Rob peasants from orcs, and they die.
    let them hit as much as they'd like, getting themselves fat in the process, then harvest them when they're ripe.
    Ambush them, and they die.
    Attrition them to death.

Orc only works short-term, and are too one-dimensional to form supportive elements.
    You can base your plans around them, but not add them to an already established plan.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

I'm surprised you haven't resigned from this thread VT2, given that Mourhelm is still a mod, but please don't let this post change that. :-)

What do you think of Monarchs playing as banks, and what race/pers would you go? Currently I'm thinking Hu/Merchant, but I believe most banks go gnome or dwarf Shepard. I could be wrong on that though. Please especially give me your thoughts, as me going bank next age would mean the kingdom losing about 1/4th of it's attacks in a war. (I'm in a kingdom marginally above ghetto in status. I had 95 attacks last war, second place had 40 or so)

Edit: Also, can you give me a rough build strat? I was thinking something along these lines:

30% homes
    30% banks
    10% guilds
    7% towers
    3% dungeons
    3-5% farms (Once I get sci pumped)
    8% stables
    7-9% libraries

That's rough, but I mostly want your opinion on the homes. I used to be very bullish on homes, but then I realized that they increase nw so much that they are useless in terms of offense. But since their primary function is income, that is somewhat irrelevant.
    Last edited by UtopiaOfGreed; 27-07-2009 at 22:04.

Ghettos can't run 'banks.'

They can, it's just a question of whether or not it's a good strategy.

Besides, I'm not in a ghetto. We used to be top 50, but we lost some players thanks to the short age (Great job OMAC) and real life issues. Some are coming back next age, and they all should come back at the end of August. Next age I want to go bank as a dry run on the strat. What are your thoughts?

That your kingdom will be unable to run a 'bank' next age, and trying to run one will only cause you problems.

NEXT!

Any good races for sage?
    What build is good for a A/M or A/T sage?

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by gintama23 View Post
    Any good races for sage?
    What build is good for a A/M or A/T sage?
    normally it's best to pick race, then personality =)
    sage goes well with human/elf/gnome/dwarf
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Veteran
    Who says ghetto's can't have banks? :p

I'm not sure why you thought stables or dungeons would be useful for a bank though, and not sure why you didn't think of elf. Trying to run a bank is ill-advised though in my opinion unless you have the diplomatic ability or killers and a strong kingdom to back it up with.
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

Clampy, that's why his kingdom can't run a bank.
    He lacks the experience and knowledge needed to make one work, and his definition of 'bank' isn't even the same as what he's seen bigger and better kingdoms run.

Sage combos with everything nicely.

Post Fiend
    what do you think of marketing the game? how would you do that?

is phone apps, facebook apps. and kind of myspace customise our kd page a good way to promote our game? ( puting an intro song, pictures, different stats etc..)

Thread Information