Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The general's compendium - we make strats for you.

I wouldn't market this game until I manage to stamp out cheating, and somehow erase the game's reputation that it rewards cheating, and punishes people who play by the rules.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    if you were to remake or add a pers, what would it be?

Warhero - make it useful.
    Mystic - make it not a requirement for M, so we get some diversity.

In general, just make things more diverse.
    Remove cleric, because it sucks as hard as artisan and freak before it.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Warhero - make it useful.
    Mystic - make it not a requirement for M, so we get some diversity.

In general, just make things more diverse.
    Remove cleric, because it sucks as hard as artisan and freak before it.
    we should also make it so rogue is not a requirement for a decent thief, and warrior isnt a requirement for an active attacker?

freak was good with the 5 elites for 4 pop thingy... (in actual fact it was 5 elites gives +1 pop)
    8 for 7 was kinda meh...
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

I played a couple ages a few years ago, but I'm essentially new to the game. Previously I played T/Ms, which I've read are garbage now.

In one of the posts in this thread, it is said that Human/Rogue (I would assume A/T) is a fairly decent combination, especially if you're going solo. I'll probably have to, because I have no idea what kind of KD I'm going to be placed into.

What sort of strategy would you recommend for a Human/Rogue, particularly at the beginning of a new age?

We'll take you in our kingdom. :-) We'll always take active players, regardless of skill.

That will largely depend on the changes next age, but if you wanna go a/t I'd probably go gnome/rogue.

Also, I'm pretty sure T/M's always sucked. :-P

Yes, well I never said I was any GOOD when I used to play. ;P

And thanks for the offer, but I don't believe there's any way to choose what KD you go into. Unless that's changed?

I'd considered Halfling, since that's about the only race I've ever played, but I wasn't sure how they'd do as an attacker. Like I said, I've only ever been T/M, so I have no knowledge of requirements for attacking.

I'll go browse the Halfer A/T thread in the forum, unless there's some flaw in that kind of setup?

Your A is the weakest in the game, and your T isn't realistically more effective than that of human.
    Sure, you can train more thieves during war, but why are you training thieves during war to begin with, when you have acres that need to be built, dragons that require funding, armies that demand constant retraining - especially since you have no hospitals to cut down your losses?

Gnome is subpar, at best.
    This isn't so much the fault of the race itself, but of the 'big three' - human, elf, and dwarf.
    If you want A/T, you go human.

Ok, so Human and Halfling are on par for thieving. Humans have more military power, both offensively and defensively.

Do Humans need to run more Guilds/Towers to make up for their -25%, or as an A/T is that not worth the land?

Human has a whole lot more going for it.
    You get: better science, more money, better army, and more military power for the same amount of cash.

A human will, on average, have better M than a gnome, due to the bonus to science, the extra money for investing in science, and the high modifer for magic-science.
    In the end, both are about equally bad for defending against M, since both of them attract fireballs from every single elf and chocolate elf you come across.

Hey VT2

Can you help me out with a Dwarf/mystic strat for start of new age up to 1000 acres?

Not so fantastic player but not total noob.

Sure.
    Stay away from the following: stables, libraries, thieves' dens, mills, and schools.

Everything else is a-okay.

99% draft - start aiding out soldiers once you have 62-70% trained.

to be more specific, I am going a/M. what do you think is a good raw WPA to aim at so I can be useful for my KD in war?

Never played dwarf before and not used to being mage, how many % guilds do you guys think I should have at start to get a good WPA fast? and at which point should I rebuild the guilds?

at a later stage I was thinking about a set up like this,

20 % homes
    20 % guilds
    5-10 % farms (Dwarf BE + FL enough?)
    20 % banks
    10 % training grounds
    10 % towers
    5-10 % forts

maybe sacrifice 5 % guilds for WT in war, or is that a bad move?

advice/comments appreciated. :)
    Last edited by purplehaz3; 01-08-2009 at 15:10.

Where are your barracks, your hospitals, your watchtowers, and your guard stations?

You should have as many guilds as your role requires.

Regular
    What about this for a dwarf/myst build (for war)
    Farms 8%
    Banks 10%
    TGs 12%
    Barracks 10%
    Gs 12%
    Hosps 12%
    Guilds 12%
    Towers 10%
    WT's 14%

will this do or do dwarves still need some homes to have 100+ BE?

Thread Information