Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The general's compendium - we make strats for you.

Homes aren't as useful for dwarf as for the others.
    You get 30% BE as racial - means your strength lies in the %-based buildings.

Make the most of them.

The above build looks decent, and if it turns out to be bad for you, one of the wonders of being dwarf is that you can swap your build around whenever you feel like it.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

I registered specially for this thread. lol
    am a slightly-below-average/average player.

Reading talks about Dw/M, got me interested in trying it out.

If I wanted to attack a person twice b4 his armies get back (with fog) and still be a hybrid.
    Would it be better to play Dw/M, since I can have less Guilds and Towers. I put the extra into Rax
    Or just go Dw/Wa.

My strat OOP

10% farms
    20% banks
    15% TG
    15% Rax
    20% Guilds (might -5% after a while, and put into WT)
    10% Tower
    10% WT (to prevent early thieving)

Should I ever include Any % of Homes at any acre range?

Regular
    if you want to attack more often by getting extra rax you might want to consider getting some hospitals.

Post Fiend
    Shadow if you can keep your armies out enough to make use of 15% rax and warrior then you should probably go Warrior, but if you do that you should probably invest in some hosps and definently need arms to start off with. With your build, you only need about 8% farms and you dont necessarily need WT if you get your tpa above 1.

Ditch the banks.
    20% useless acres.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Would the strength of my self spells, be based on the % of guilds I have, or the effectiveness?

Cuz if I go Mystic, I can reduce to
    6% guilds
    5% towers
    After getting 2 WPA.

And put more into TG, Rax, GS, and Hosp. Or just put into Arms in War so I can retrain lites? I'm just afraid my duration of my spells will suck badly...

You want 10% guilds for a good chance at putting self-spells on, an so durations of offensive spells are decent.

5% isn't nearly enough to supply you with ammo.

I know T/M is not the most favored choice for a KD setup from what I see from this thread, still I would to ask you what is your choice of race/personality if you were to play as T/M.

Builds during protection, , war and OOW. The aim here is not to dice or turtle but to contribute during war without attack -.-

I see....okay, I think I'll go slow on the attacks. Thanks, I'm gonna give this combo a try.

Elf, pretty much.
    Run high banks and excess towers, so you can aid out stuff to people who need it.

You can't contribute to wars these days if you don't attack, because attacks are the reason you win wars.

Post Fiend
    what is the best type of strat?

a very static one? a one you change depending on your size? the one you can maintain the longest in a stable manner( dynamic ), or just the best one you may have for your race/pers combo. (last one is subtle but thereis a difference)
    The decline of Utopia presented by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
    [...] And, just for the record, War Spoils can be as much bane as blessing. Sure, you get the land sooner, but your armies can still be Ambushed
    Kds played:
    -Sanctuary
    -Dopefiends
    -Copy Cats
    -Moritatum
    -Queen's Mob
    Currently:
    -Melee Weapons

The best 'strat' in this game, just like any other strategy game, is to stay flexible.
    I don't focus too much on any 'strat,' because I build what my province needs in order to be optimal at any given time. Because this game's real-time, what's optimal at 5 pm isn't likely to be so at 10 pm.

I was hoping to get an opinion on my race/pers. My kingdom wants me to play an A/T Gnome. I have been pen and papering strats and come up with using the mystic personality. Rebuild time I would run roughly 15% guilds then drop them to 5% during hostile/war. My other acres would be used for TG, Stables, dungeons, barracks, TD and forts with the needed amount of towers and farms. Hopefully this will let me run a good tpa and off with a decent wpa for def. (also having a sorcerer title I think will discourage offensive magic spells) Im not trying to run an A/T/M Im just trying to think outside the box.

Is this a bad idea? Am I missing some flaw in my plan? Have any advice or comments?

Why would you ever, for any reason, go mystic as A/T?
    Go for something that makes your job easier, and worry about defending yourself once you've destroyed everyone who can hurt you.

Sir Postalot
    rogue or warrior for gnome...
    if you are running mystic purely to get the WPA up and then gain a few extra acres, you are running it for the wrong reasons

see my gnome/rogue thread for some ideas =)
    (btw, VT2 will say gnome sucks, go human...)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Thread Information