Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Realest and Friends...

Ask Realest and Friends...

continuing from http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=592794

OK, so I've had my fun dicking about the forums, so I'm back to help people seriously. From the last thread, you might notice there are others who help with answering stuff, so I will list who is worth listening to and who is not, since they may answer a question before I check this thread again. If I say someone is trustworthy, you can trust the advice given. If i say someone is noob, its best you get a second opinion when that person speaks.

I'll keep editting this as I see suitable candidates. So off the top my head people who are pretty skilled in no particular order:

waheed, DHaran, Spheric, tzar, _greenie, Bishop, Fate1316, Toadi, puppy101

Definitely ignore:

vines, Nobody, Ethan, Free Enterpraise, Bijo, Deville, jennahaze, nfidel2k, oldbie, Flamingknights.

Once again, I'm not here to debate or discuss things in depth; you can create a separate thread for that stuff. Just quick simple answers to questions to clarify game mechanics and problems and provide usable strategies.
    Last edited by Realest; 15-06-2009 at 05:56.
    The End of an Era

At the moment I am 1137 acres. We are planning to grow to 1500 (except we are now in war). Anyway I had pumped my def up to what would be around 40 DPA when army is out for a 1500 acre province. I then hit provinces that I could to grow and saved all my spec credits for war and possibly slaying a dragon. Is this a good idea or a waste of time?

I started this when I was around 900 acres so I have around 800 spec credits saved up. If I kept doing this I was hoping to have around 1500-2000 credits.

The main reason I thought about doing this is because we always have unreliable people in the Kingdom who do not come through when a dragon is set upon us to send their share.

Is this a silly idea?
    - = Paintrain = -

Sir Postalot
    first things first, what race/personality are you?

Is this a silly idea?
    honestly without that info, i can say, yes and no....
    i can see the logic behing storing up spec credits (old gnomes with 5/5 elites could do this quite well) more for increase durability in war etc

2 biggest problems i see with this...
    1) you are semi-relying on spec credits, which has me worried about your prov's econ
    2) you started with the aim of 40 dpa @ 1500 acres, and started at 900 acres, to me, this means you currently had 52 dpa, and started with 66 dpa at the start of this plan... which, is just crazy =)

i can understand pumping defense earlier, so as you grow you keep spec credits for war, but if you are relying on that for war, then there is bigger problems around...

if you are a race with high losses/low BE (which affects hosps) such as orc/gnome then i would consider it (possibly) worthwhile
    for a race like human/elf/dorf which has low losses and/or good income, i dont really see the point
    (cant comment on DE's no experience with them really)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

How did _greenie managed to get 1500 posts?
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Im not relying on the spec credits. What I mean is I can keep them for a dragon, so I can send more to slay it, and not have to worry about finding gc retrain def specs. Last war we had I sent 3K def specs to dragon and managed to retrain with 1 - 2 days with ToG and more. So if I keep around 1k-1.5k credits, I could effectively send alot more and still ToG for the rest. (with soldier aid of course)

Ruler name: Baron Jobe the Warrior
    Personality & Race: Warrior, Elf
    Land: 1,137 Acres
    Money: 97,597gc (22,924 raw daily income)
    Food: 75,730 bushels
    Runes: 60,480 runes
    Population: 29,900 citizens (26.3 per acre)
    Peasants: 11,462 (85% Building Efficiency)
    Trade Balance: 240,765 (0% tax rate)
    Networth: 170,733 (150.16 per Acre)
    Thieves+Wizards+Science Networth: 11,839gc

Military Effectiveness: 124.1% off / 102.3% def
    Soldiers: 0 (59% estimated draft rate)
    Rangers: 0 (0 offense)
    Archers: 7,466 (38,188 defense)
    Elf Lords: 9,494 (70,692 offense / 38,849 defense)
    War-Horses: 0 (up to 0 additional offense)
    Prisoners: 0 (0 offense)

Total Modified Offense: 70,713 (62.19 per Acre)
    Practical (100% elites): 70,713 (62.19 per Acre)
    Max Offense (w/ generals): 77,077 (67.79 / Acre)
    Total Modified Defense: 77,028 (67.75 per Acre)
    Practical (0% elites): 38,189 (33.59 per Acre)

We are warring mostly undead KDs. So most of the time my elite army is not fully out. Managing to double tap with still 1500-2000 elites at home.

BTW Greenie do you play CoD on the net (PS3) at all?

Can everyone also please take into account that I am not putting my province up for display for anyone to scrutinise my playing ability I fully realise I am NOT an expert I posted this so Greenie could take a look as I respect him as a player and respect his advice.
    Last edited by Jobolob; 11-06-2009 at 11:01.
    - = Paintrain = -

[q]Anyway I had pumped my def up to what would be around 40 DPA when army is out for a 1500 acre province.
    Land: 1,137 Acres
    Practical (0% elites): 38,189 (33.59 per Acre)[/q]

If you have gold for training full leet army while growing then go for it
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    How did _greenie managed to get 1500 posts?
    easy, had alot of spare time end of last year =)
    took me longer to get from 1k to 1500 than 0 to 1k

BTW Greenie do you play CoD on the net (PS3) at all?
    god no... 360+RRoD and PC for me

anyways...
    you're an elf warrior, obviously not an overly offensive mage, so that means alot of mana can be dedicated to ToG
    with lower losses in battle, combined with ToG, it is a bit of a waste in my opinion
    you'll find that drafting soldiers is the biggest bottle neck, and based on your description of kd, you'll have to do most of this yourself.... ToG should be more than ample to cover drafting+training of troops, and as such, i dont think it is needed

Not too offensive, but still able to pull of basic ops that the other more dedicated mages cant be bothered with. :)

Thanks for clearing that up Greenie. :D

Whats wrong with the PS3? Lol.
    - = Paintrain = -

Question -- What is the use of unbreakables? How do you play it effectively?

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by yume View Post
    Question -- What is the use of unbreakables? How do you play it effectively?
    ok, i will conceed that there is people out there with better knowledge of this than myself, so, am happy to be proven wrong

basically, an unbreakable is a prov that you dont have to worry about in war, that land is safe, they can send out their army, and trad march/raze/whatever and not have to worry about getting hit back
    this also means that as they gain land, they are able to lower thier draft rate, thus increasing income to aid out to other members in the kd, potentially creating more unbreakables that the other kd cant take land from

often 1 unbreakable by itself isnt enough, but get 3+ in a war and it can become VERY hard for a kd to turn a war around

2 is a bit borderline in my opinion, and depends on what the size difference is
    EDIT: bank prov =/= unbreakable
    taking seasons as an example, they have a 19k elf bank, and a 4.8k and 4.2k acre elves that are potential unbreakables compared to rest of the kd
    Last edited by _greenie; 11-06-2009 at 11:53.

greenie is fairly accurate there. In war, provinces will usually need to train offense and defense in order to keep up with losses. An unbreakable has no need for defense training, so it only need to maintain a rather steady offense in order to inflict damage to the opponent. As a result, all the resources that would have been used for defense (gold and soldiers) can be aided out and strengthen an other province, possibly turning it into an other unbreakable. Furthermore, not training defense means having more peasants, thus even more income and profit. In the long term, the steady flow of resources that province provides to the other provinces in the Kingdom can be extremely important in the resource attrition battle.

Most of the times a Kingdom gets into war with an other Kingdom with a couple unbrekables, the best plan is to gain as much land as possible in the first few days and then withdraw before economy becomes more important than anything else.

I'll keep editting this as I see suitable candidates. So off the top my head people who are pretty skilled in no particular order:

waheed, DHaran, Spheric, tzar, _greenie, Bishop, Fate1316
    Secrets x 3 woots :P

I have just become aware of this thread haha, so I will start chiming in later :P
    S E C R E T S

I am running a high dpa human war hero, am just now getting my teeth (knights) in place.
    Without specifics, my kd is a waving, warring, mostly undead kd. So I have not been a good target with my high dpa and low opa. However, as I am finally getting more out of my province (late start) I want to be more useful to the kd. My wpa sucks, my tpa is useless against most opponents (but I would like to improve that situation, and certainly take advantage of those who run worse), my science is still sub 100bpa ( and growing fast). My thought was to be a A/t. I should say my goal. We are in a rebuild stage as we recover from our last tko on a kd, and are looking at a new one that has low opa (I can be broken by few of their provinces with Trad, and not for real gains).
    I have run approximately, but flexibly
    20%homes
    20%banks
    8%farms
    8%stables
    10%guilds
    8%WT
    6%forts
    7%Training grounds
    the rest is a smattering of towers and schools with a few dungeons I'm not in danger of filling yet. also a few libraries that I refuse to move, its sentamental and pleasure inducing to have them there.

So far, I have attacked infrequently, have stayed low acres, and no barracks has coincided with my offensive and activity capabilities. However, as my province (which is running at approximately 109% BE), grows, I want to not only be useful, but to keep my head down from being hit on more then I can recover. So I am currently using a slower attack time that allows for me to steadily, safely grow.
    I am looking for advice on maximizing my war and fortified (recovery) builds. (this being the latter example) Also, the science is concentrated in Income, BE, and Pop, smatterings in others because it seems worth it; advice there also welcome.

In terms of a war build:

Being defensively minded and trying to be an attacker doesn't work. Offense is your greatest tool, not defense.

Human makes a great A/T, so you should really try to go that road if you are intent on being a hybrid. Losing the WTs and moving raw tpa up to at least 3 is a good place to start. You don't really need 20% Homes, and there are better uses for some of that space, such as Rax and more TGs, you definitely need more TGs when your offense starts getting stronger.

Science is your best friend, thievery sci is easy to get pretty decent, so work on that if you want to play A/T.

Build-wise for a Human A/T, I would personally shoot for something like:

8% Farms
    10% Banks
    15% TG
    10% Rax
    15% Hospitals
    15% Guilds
    8% Towers
    8% Stables

This leaves 11%, if you have sufficient science and raw tpa, you can think about running TDs with this, though if you are warring gnomes or a better thieving kingdom it would be a waste, and can be used elsewhere.

Get rid of the libraries altogether, you don't have enough science for them to worth it.

OOW:

You can drop Hosps and Rax even if you would like to move them into Guilds and Banks for a more pumping mode. I would keep the TDs (if you have them) so you can spend time OOW stealing gc from inactives, which will make pumping science much easier.
    Last edited by DHaran; 11-06-2009 at 16:38.
    S E C R E T S

Regular
    from the above build, i'll lose the 10% banks as humans alr have a great income + alchemy + rob vaults. unless the role is to be a good banker to the kd. and also less towers, since a decent channeling sci level can be easily pumped.

8% farms
    15% TGs
    10% forts
    15% rax
    10% hospitals
    15% TDs
    15% guilds/towers
    10% stables
    2% dungeons

Thread Information