Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Realest and Friends...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    if you're playing not to get hit, ok, keep your homes, don't even bother going GS, cuz what's the point? go 30% homes if it makes you comfortable.
    >_>

and you suggested 20% GS. you should have noticed he was going with high DPA with his D-Spec/acres and why i said it was a waste........

and your next post will call me stupid in some way or another :D

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bano View Post
    @Greenie
    we always chain during war so having a huge offense is really not necessary because i usually cant use all of them thats why i have 9 dspec per acre

if i build more than 15% rax and no GS surely ill be the raze target. im thinking a balance of this 2 at 10%. cant really remove GS its mandatory.

@Realest
    as a gnome should i really scrap my 10% homes? the birthrate increased helps. esp if combined with QF+rax+gs. no?
    was thinking of getting rid of forts also and increase my TD. but since gnome has a 5/5 army and with DBE is forts really that bad? if i can have less d specs coz of forts i can put more into elites right?
    20%GS is too much imo. even with 10% im getting left all alone thats why im thinking of putting some to rax.
    1) you can use extra offense to raze (i dont think you fully understand chaining)
    2) raze isnt affected by GS
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingKnights View Post
    >_>

and you suggested 20% GS. you should have noticed he was going with high DPA with his D-Spec/acres and why i said it was a waste........

and your next post will call me stupid in some way or another :D

i'm guessing sarcasm isnt your strong suit. You really just need to f off. You bring nothing to the table except spamming the page and ruining the flow of conversation.
    Last edited by Mickster; 18-06-2009 at 00:06.
    The End of an Era

Essentially, i have already given him a build based on his criteria. If he isn't gonna take it and insists on adding his own flavour, I cannot stop that so I'll let him. However, what I have posted is what he should go, unless he wants rax fitted in, then we can work on that.
    The End of an Era

Post Fiend
    someones gotta correct your mistakes.

there's no mistake though. he can go 30% if he wishes, I'm not gonna stop him. I would think that is stupid, but if he insists, what are you gonna do? Ultimately its his own province.
    The End of an Era

Sir Postalot
    forts for the purpose of increasing offense, pointless
    forts for the purpose of making yourself unbreakable, semi-useful

i feel i must disagree with realest in the homes regard though... as a gnome, i know the only way my prov can grow effectively is with 10% homes + L&P

30% homes is a waste IMO =)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Post Fiend
    i didnt say anything about the homes now did i? i said the 20% GS was a waste and said why. no i wont own his province i am just offering advice. i dont know if he saw but earlier i offered him advice about his BR without homes. I said just use L&P it will be enough to keep him going. If he wants to use homes then he needs to scrap his GS completely. 10% of that into rax for 2 hits a day and 10% into homes.

ok, once again, he didn't have rax originally so why are we assuming he wants them? It's like you in this thread. you're not wanted, and you are forcing yourself into this discussion whilst not having a solid grasp on game mechanics.

You are free to ask questions if you want to improve your game. However, you are still ways away from being a player that can give advice here.

greenie, war build =/= growth build. Homes oow are nice, in war, not so much.
    The End of an Era

Post Fiend
    in his original post he said he had 8% barren acres and wondered if he should put into rax. Just because he didnt have rax originally doesnt mean he doesnt want them. I took it as he was wonder if he had the room/was 8% worth it compared to another building. Im completely fine with my grasp on game mechanics :)

also he will need homes in war to have enough offense to hit a decent target. without them im pretty sure he wont have enough troops to make very good hits so building some homes would be nice.

just finished reading optimizing tg and forts. decided that im not using forts ^^

10 farms
    10 gs
    10 guilds
    13 rax
    10 homes-again help with BE and BR. dont be mad realest ^^
    15 td
    15 TG
    10 stables
    2 dungeons
    5 towers

how about this?

Postaholic
    i have to agree with greenie on this one. altho no home > homes for pure war build, its not practical to walk around with no homes unless u r sure ur next wave target will war u (i.e. declaring right out of fw or something). so imo its best to just incorporate 10% homes into the build and work around it. and since 10% homes will probably raise BE by 5% or so, its really just 5% land for 3.2% pop bonus and some BR bonus. in war u'll perform at like 98% of what u would with 0 homes, while having quite a bit easier time oow

and Bano, hybrids dont need GS imo. hybrids CAN better at inflicting damage than pure attackers, but they are not meant to take heavy damage. personally i'd cut ur farms to 7% and stables to 8% and all ur GS, then get 5% forts and 10% banks, and then change ur guild/tower from 10%/5% to 14%/1%. u really do need all the military bonuses u can get

of course that is under the assumption that u r smart and chose either human or gnome for a/t. otherwise best to NOT go a/t
    Last edited by waheed; 15-06-2009 at 05:51.

I don't really get mad, there is the textbook method, but everyone adjusts it to something they become comfortable with. Your build looks fine there, but again, 10% GS is a waste of space. At 80 BE, 10% GS reduces losses by 16.2% vs 20% GS reducing 28.8%. It's not that hard to see that 16.2% is not really changing anything.
    The End of an Era

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingKnights View Post
    in his original post he said he had 8% barren acres and wondered if he should put into rax. Just because he didnt have rax originally doesnt mean he doesnt want them. I took it as he was wonder if he had the room/was 8% worth it compared to another building. Im completely fine with my grasp on game mechanics :)

also he will need homes in war to have enough offense to hit a decent target. without them im pretty sure he wont have enough troops to make very good hits so building some homes would be nice.
    your grasp on game mechanics are barely average, which are fine for your own play, but just misleading for people seeking help here. So if you want to go on and create your own thread to give bad advice, you are welcomed to. I am perfectly fine with ditching this thread and going back to trolling also, so it's really not a big deal to me.

You really don't understand why homes are used at all.
    The End of an Era

Post Fiend
    8 farms <--- FL should be enough to cover 2% loss not sure though how hungry gnomes are with the extra food they require. using 1 op to steal food should be enough to.
    10 guilds
    10 rax
    10 homes
    20 TD <--- more TD power
    20 TG <--- more offense with your smaller army
    15 stables <--- with your smaller army your going to need more offense so mounting as many units as you can will help
    2 dungeon
    5 towers

thats what i would suggest. I just personally hate GS and never use them :P

Thread Information