Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with child like petty ness in the game?

Post Fiend

How do you deal with child like petty ness in the game?

Here is the senario,

A provence whose networth is similar to mine in a kingdom, whose kingdom networth is about 3-4 times our kingdoms networth.

He attacks me, I retal and gain more land than his attack.
    A day later, I get 2hits, one from him and another from a much larger provence causing a raze.

The message it seems to me is dont retal us or we will retal your retal twice.

To me that seems like petty childish actions from immature people on the realms.

Is this kind of thing very common that much larger kingdoms expect retal free attacks?

BTW I am the 2nd smallest provence in our kingdom, the other guy is the smallest provence in his kingdom and also a monarch.

Or it's the natural food chain. If you want to retal a stronger kingdom what do you expect to happen?

Imagine Mike Tyson smacking you in the face, would you smack him back? No, you go find someone like Bob Saget and punch him in the face.

Darwin ftw.
    S E C R E T S

That is retal policy top kds are using, esp when whoring. One does hit, and if target retals you get raze/two so you don't retal again. Those retals from ghettos kinda piss ppl off, hence raze.

If you have nothing better to do retal them more. Try avoiding ingame messages and when you decide to stop retalling then send them message. They can rk you, yes, but they are wasting their time and that small guy defo doesn't want that.

So, if you want to have some fun, retal. If not just move on. If you retal you will probably get few more hits than last time, but don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Or it's the natural food chain. If you want to retal a stronger kingdom what do you expect to happen?

Imagine Mike Tyson smacking you in the face, would you smack him back? No, you go find someone like Bob Saget and punch him in the face.

Darwin ftw.
    But difference is that now he has KNRG and GBP that gives him HUGE protection agains further retals. I would personally retal for fun except if my kd has some plans in short term
    Last edited by Mourhelm; 14-06-2009 at 04:06. Reason: Double posts were merged.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Fiend
    I dont mind to much, pity it didnt get into unfriendly so I could of MSed him. Having undead it is a way I see it of increasing EPA as a strat. I expected a retal land grab to my retal landgrab, I didnt expect a raze to go with it. The raze I considered petty, considering i had already moved on and attacked other provences in other kingdoms.

The plus side is an increased EPA, and stronger TPA and WPA, meaning a much stronger provence with a slightly weaker economy.

The petty action was the raze, I would not cared as much if it was a TM, for some reason raze seems to destroy more land than TM gains.

I know I will prolly retal for more fun now, and since I am building up GS from 10 to 25%, and KGNW is heavily in my favour. Raze will be there only option since TM will only gain a relatively small ammount, and having GB protection as well to go with it.

The only thing I see worth while is building up a strong EPA out of it, and they are more than willing to help rather than hinder that process :)

Thanks for the adivce Morbid, will try it out.
    Last edited by Mourhelm; 14-06-2009 at 04:09. Reason: Double posts were merged.

Trad march would give them nothing, about 2-5 acres with like 20h return time. Raze gives you regular 12h atk time and destroys land so province would think twice about retalling that small guy again.

Don't feel that raze too personal, they just want to drive you off from retalling again..

Just don't make them too pissed.. But probably they will force your monarch to cf them
    Last edited by Mourhelm; 14-06-2009 at 04:12. Reason: Double posts were merged.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Regardless of GBP/KNRG benefits, you can't win unless they let you.
    S E C R E T S

He cannot lose either DH.. But he will piss them off enough and therefore win. And they will let him.. Probably he will be about 50-100 acres in plus when they cf his kd..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Not if they decide to raze him down out of range, which is what I would do.
    S E C R E T S

ofc they can, but that would require effort from their side... And I don't think many would do that for 2-3 retals.. That's why I suggested him to avoid communication with them except if he want's to stop retals
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Fiend
    Dharan, it is not about winning abut a goal to achieve.

My main goal is to build up my elites, land is niether here nor there. Playing undead, you can only build up your elites through attacking.

Meaning my main goal is being achieved. They could if they really wanted to is to do a chain raze on my provence down to 100 acres, meaning they have just accerated my EPA growth alot and gaining land from that point threw attacking will help keep a very high EPA. All I can see is Razing is just doing me a favour.

edit: BTW, I have changed my position from child like and petty, to making it easy to exploit for undead and easy to manipulate them like the children they properly are. Thanks again morbid for that different perspective.
    Last edited by otokonoko; 14-06-2009 at 00:43.

Enthusiast
    I did a CB of a guy I thought was a gold farm.. turns out he wasn't so I moved on.
    Got attacked by him, guess the CB made him mad, but.. he suicided on me in order to break me.
    So I hit him twice back (only had 2 generals home). THEN his kingdom mate retals for him and I have no shot of hitting that guy back.

So what do I do about it? Well, nothing I can do atm.. I take out my little red book and write their names in it. What is my little red book? Thats the 'I'm gonna kill them later' book that allows me to forget morons for the moment and move on. I revisit my book after I have increased in size and see who I pay back :)

I fight fire with fire.. they act childish then by god so will I!

lol @ you sir nasty. Retal now or don't retal at all. Those paybacks, esp with individual provs are dumb. 90% of time you won't retal those guys anyway..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Enthusiast
    True, but it is fun to double or quad raze someone 4 hours before age end because they ended up in your book. Problem is if they remember you or not

And what's exactly the point of that? Proving that you are pussy and hitting someone when they won't retal for sure?

If you want to retal, do it right away. I was probably retalled by ppl with those "books" but I don't remember.. With 150 hits an age I really don't remember who I hit and those retals to ppl that hit you 3 weeks be4 is just dumb... Just go and find better random, as random you are looking for, not some "revenge"
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Enthusiast
    MorbidAngel, [Edit: not needed]

"If you want to retal, do it right away."
    I just made my province less than 2 weeks ago and the guy has too much defense. I have to outgrow him FIRST then I hit him.

Do you suggest because he was bigger than me atm and I couldn't retal him that I should never retal that hit?
    And mind you I am talking about the above situation. Not a random hit. A random hit I could live with.. I don't like what I described above and to me both of those guys will get what is coming to them. And you know.. if I never do end up getting around to it then so be it but they are still in the book and not out of mind until the age is officially over.

If you play the game like a jackass (and judging by your repsonses I bet you do) then I have no doubt you end up in plenty of peoples little red books.
    Last edited by Mourhelm; 15-06-2009 at 08:32.

Thread Information