Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd pty war button

Talking 3rd pty war button

In an effort to prevent alliances failing to have a 1 vs 1 war if their lives depend on it. There should be a button, like the ceasefire button, that is pushed by a 3rd pty kd and one of the kds in the war. If this offer of outside involvement is agreed by one of the 2 warring kds then it shows up in the paper, and that 3rd pty kd can make hits into the war. Otherwise no kds can hit into war. Whether its the duration of the war or pre cf I wouldnt like to say, but in an effort to curb the power of alliances then i see this as a significant but positive change to the game mechanics.
    Benefits:
    Accusations of 3rd pty involvement in wars is impossible as will appear in the paper if help has been sought.
    Would restrict alliances from dominating through weight of numbers, not kd abilities.
    Would make awars more structured.
    Innocence is as much a state of mind as a reality. You believe it, others will too.

Post Demon
    Sounds very nice.

On a smaller scale, it would also prevent multis and people with a large circle of friends from using their outside influence to interfere with the war and then deny accountability (sometimes a lone player will secretely do this and even his monarch won't be "in" on it which in turn will lead to some pretty bitter exchanges between the KDs).

No doubt Magn.
    Innocence is as much a state of mind as a reality. You believe it, others will too.

Suggestion is dumb imo.

1st, how often do you see kds interfering in war? Comparing to number of fake wars. It will bring nothing good, and a lot of bad stuff.

"If this offer of outside involvement is agreed by one of the 2 warring kds then it shows up in the paper, and that 3rd pty kd can make hits into the war." - wtf??

Accusations of 3rd pty involvement in wars is impossible as will appear in the paper if help has been sought.
    <- you can see that on your paper already
    Would restrict alliances from dominating through weight of numbers, not kd abilities. - Again, how often does it happen?
    Would make awars more structured. - Lol at this
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

LOL @
    how often do you see kds interfering in war?
    er how often is there NOT an accusation. What harm could it bring exactly. All very well to mock but not to provide constructive commentary is just pointless.
    <- you can see that on your paper already
    You can see hits but no proof whether theyre random or intentional. Random hits are lame and intentional can be denied. If other kds need permission then no doubt theyre intentional. Would simplify the political rubbish and *****ing that seems to be stifling uto. And would put a dampner on the alliances, particularly those who cant fight a war without using multiple kds. Bring back the game of warring, not of whiners with chips on their shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarria View Post
    LOL @ er how often is there NOT an accusation. What harm could it bring exactly. All very well to mock but not to provide constructive commentary is just pointless.
    Inability to hit into fake war when one can hit outside of it (or disabling that too) for example.

You can see hits but no proof whether theyre random or intentional. Random hits are lame and intentional can be denied. If other kds need permission then no doubt theyre intentional. Would simplify the political rubbish and *****ing that seems to be stifling uto. And would put a dampner on the alliances, particularly those who cant fight a war without using multiple kds. Bring back the game of warring, not of whiners with chips on their shoulders.
    Again, how often do you see that? And besides, speculation is interesting part of the game.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Just super crap gains on hitting outside kds in war. If the gains = losses no point. Speculation may be interesting but boring all the whining politics and the alliances limiting small single kds from climbing the charts. Esp when some alliances are determined to get every one of their kds into the top 50 whether they deserve it or not.

Postaholic
    You don't have to deal with politics if you don't want to. Let your monarch deal with the OOW hits and the accusations.

fail suggestion.
    S E C R E T S

Silly Mourhelm. Thx for the suggestion but ah irrelevent.

DHaran you're fail but thats why i <3 you.

He is right. This suggestion is fail
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Postaholic
    Silly Mourhelm. Thx for the suggestion but ah irrelevent.
    Hardly irrelevant when a lot of people like the politics in the game.

Let the monarch do it is irrelevant when you are the monarch.

Poor kd that has you as a monarch..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Demon
    I agree that the whole alliance thing doesn't happen very often.

However, sometimes you'll have outside folk gathering intel and even attacking in the war.

Its not about politics anymore.

When a lone player decides to abuse the system (by calling the help of a friend or multi) and stay anonimous, bad blood happens between both KDs, accusations fly left and right and there is no sure way to investigate the matter (unlike in RL) so you're stuck in an idiotic mess.

so you end up with some serious bad blood between the KDs or otherwise let the matter pass by (and whoever did the abuse get away with it).

Inability to hit into fake war when one can hit outside of it (or disabling that too) for example.
    With -75% gains on attacks, the only reason you'd ever hit into a war for gains is if you'd stand to gain at least 4 times the normal amount (which won't happen).

FW will work anyway right now because of this.

People who hit into wars will do it for political reasons (helping one side).

The current suggestion still allows for that to happen, but now, one of the sides has to clearly state "I'm about to use outside help" just like they have to clearly state "I'm launching a dragon" or "I'm declaring war" or "I'm surrendering".

The thing it would definitely stop is a loner trying to get help behind the back of his KD mates (which isn't a torrific thing to allow in a team game).

Thread Information