Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of the Road for DH

End of the Road for DH

As much fun as I've had on these boards, and as many friends as I have made, I can no longer suffer posting under the boot of OMAC and it's pathetic moderating team. I could put up with the nubs and their dumb suggestions, and I didn't mind at all answering stupid questions. But to be constantly hounded by moderators while others are left untouched is draining, and I'm tired of fighting the injustice and incompetence.

So as of today, I will no longer post here, I will no longer answer questions, no longer offer input on strategies or builds, and no longer bring bugs to OMAC's attention. I may occasionally pop into the Recruitment Board if my kingdom needs a player, or check up on the blog with Sean and Brian, but other than that I am officially done here, until things change.

I would suggest the others like me who are on the moderator hitlist also take leave from these boards. Leave them to handle the maroons and b@stards themselves, it is no longer our problem. We did what we could to make this place somewhat useful, but it's out of our hands now.

Ezzerland, VT2, MorbidAngel, Realest, Toadi, Luth, and all the others who have contributed to these boards, it's been fun, but I am gone, and I suggest you do the same. This fight is not winnable, and the most active posters are being outcast, so basically, they can go F themselves at this point.

Lydias, I am telling you this because you seem to be the only one worth talking to consistently. Mickster is an arrogant and rude mod, and he has no place moderating posters for how he acts himself. Mourhelm is just pure incompetent and as long as he is moderating here, I won't be posting. He is immensely inconsistent and obvisously targets particular posters in his moderating sweeps. Bishop has his moments of stupidity, but for the most part, he has not been much of a problem to me, and he seems to have been staying out of trouble recently. Patience, Phoenix, Fiery, Fagashlil, whoever the hell else tries chiming in on this stuff, needs to recognize that their own inactivity in moderating the boards makes their thoughts and opinions on certain subjects far less relevant since they are never around to witness the issues.

Congratulations on pushing out another member of the community. I was not the first, and I sure as hell will not be the last.

LONG LIVE UTOPIA!
    S E C R E T S

Veteran
    I would say it's sad to see you go, but I think it will be a relief for you, so please enjoy it.

See you around on irc buddy.
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    OMAC's track record for making members leave is pretty impressive.

That being said, you'll be back

Enthusiast
    na na na, na na na, hey hey.. goodbye!

Has Christmas come early? Seeing all sorts of presents for me in these forums.
    “Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”

And another pathetic "I'm leaving" thread, this time by Dharan....
    "slap my wrist when you find me posting on these boards" - you know?

Actually, you know that you will be back.
    In the end, you'll be in line with those who can't resist to return.

It's all about addiction, isn't it?

butterfly, why is it "pathetic" of DH to post that he's leaving? He's fed up with the inconsistency in moderation (Lydias being the only exception here), the unfair censorship, etc.

As am I

In case you hadn't noticed, I've been fairly quiet myself on these boards lately, I'm fed up as well. However, I will still post bugs and help others, for now...

I'm not holding my breath for anything to change for the better with the new code. OMAC has succeeded in driving the game, and these boards into the ground, and if it wasn't for the many friends around the world that i've come to know and love, I'd just drop it all.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Post Fiend
    Can't agree with you more butterfly, the last person I saw doing this was Catwalk/VT2, can't really say i'm surprised with VT2's results, let's face it, he exceeded our expectations, and now he's back. As for the pathetic comment, it's not untrue as anyone who knows/gives a hoot about dharan already knows what he's fed up with; anyone who doesn't don't give 2 rats ass about why/if he is leaving. I would be more inclined to believe he was making a public statement to omac should he have posted in the relevant thread where people who actually care about these trivial matters attend to, not make up a spanky new one to flaunt his publicity.

Enthusiast
    Censorship? You must be thinking of Iran.
    If people can post without insults or a general 'negative' attitude they would never have trouble. That is a fact.
    Since I stopped posting the insults and garbage I was posting in a stupid flame war I have had 0 problems with the mods.

A great song lyric from John Lennon-

"All we are saying is give peace a chance"

Now repeat that 100 times and come back and post ;)
    “Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    boy that's weird, I thought DHaran was on SN's ignore list. Guess someone's a liar...

and don't you dare quote Lennon. Just 4 posts ago you were rejoicing in his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflyFX View Post
    And another pathetic "I'm leaving" thread, this time by Dharan....
    "slap my wrist when you find me posting on these boards" - you know?

Actually, you know that you will be back.
    In the end, you'll be in line with those who can't resist to return.

It's all about addiction, isn't it?
    He's not leaving game, he's leaving these boards... Which I am thinking to do too
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

@MA: ....and we'll see him return to these boards as well.

Enthusiast
    Palem, ever occur to you I can see the title of the thread and what other people post?
    I can't see his post but why do I need to see it to know it has something to do with him leaving?
    I am happy he is leaving, I am rejoicing VT2 leaving also.
    They can't change so they need to go. Its time for a new direction around here.
    I tried to make peace with him at one point and talk rationally but he couldn't do it, so he
    ended up on my ignore list. I gave peace a chance ;)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    ...and then you were made to look foolish and that you didn't know what you were talking about, so instead of owning it, you cried like a little girl and turned on your ignore list. If you really wanted to ignore him, you wouldn't acknowledge any of his posts.

Enthusiast
    Here is what I see when I look back at our posts..

Sir Nasty - "If people can post without insults or a general 'negative' attitude"

Palem - "someone's a liar..."

Sir Nasty- "I gave peace a chance ;)"

Palem - "...you were made to look foolish...you cried like a little girl..."

See how one person posts without insults and the other replies with insults?
    Its like some people here think they HAVE to insult or get the better of someone.
    The forum is not a game to be won or lost. Its a place to post thoughts and ideas.

"All we are saying is give peace a chance"

Repeat that over and over, sing it to the tune, makes you feel all warm inside :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    That's because you're blinded by your own ignorance.

Here's what I see:
    SN - Thank god DH is gone! (Totally disrespectful and unpeaceful)
    Palem - Someone lied about ignoring DHaran
    SN - *Gave a history lesson and left out the end*
    Palem - *Gave the end of the history lesson*

Thread Information