Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Utopia blog - June 24th

i wanna pay for a feature that sends my army out at night. please implement this, I'd pay up to 50 cents per go if you wanna start researching this possibility.
    The End of an Era

and that is exactly what will kill the game realest... paying to win.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by Scontan View Post

Are you guys considering to help us by providing an official server, wich wont (becosue it cant) be abused by certain groups with administraton powers with the community?

And if you guys do that, it would be an excellent chance of adding a ingame chatt function tied to IRC (give monarch option to tie a certain IRC channel to the kingdom), wich would be a huge extra bonus!
    hawt !!!
    IMPERIALS KLA

Post Fiend
    Ofc its hawt.

And it shouldnt be to much of a fuzz for them to handle it either, imho.

Who knows, maybe they can let our much belowed moderators from these boards run it?

j/k

Enthusiast
    S & B:

Back on the 20th of May you talked about working on the guide. Are you still looking at the idea of a wiki guide? With all the work left getting the new code running and testing, can we expect any new guide when the new code rolls out? I'm just one who feels the guide is an important tool, especially to new players. And while Toadi and Ezzerland put in a lot of work creating the current one, it is as you mentioned incomplete and not updated consistently.

Ezzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by nfidel2k View Post
    S & B:

Back on the 20th of May you talked about working on the guide. Are you still looking at the idea of a wiki guide? With all the work left getting the new code running and testing, can we expect any new guide when the new code rolls out? I'm just one who feels the guide is an important tool, especially to new players. And while Toadi and Ezzerland put in a lot of work creating the current one, it is as you mentioned incomplete and not updated consistently.
    +1
    The message you have entered is too short.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    +Two

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nfidel2k View Post
    S & B:

+ three

There first mistake was not planning on having any changes. The second, and even worse mistake, was backtracking and trying to rapidly put in changes. I think that week of downtime ruin a lot of the hope and enthusiasm the player base had for the new owners.
    The downtime had nothing to do with the changes, and the downtime made it even more important that those changes were done. OMAC would have taken a lot more fire if they hadn't done any changes. I agree with your notion that doing changes is of key importance, even if they're small. Repeating a round is a killer for morale, change is at the very core of what Utopia is about. It's not easy for new developers to do this, but that simply means you have to put more effort into it. Start now to get a head start and let this round run at the normal age of 12-13 weeks rather than rushing things. Limit yourself to race changes and maybe a few simple/obvious improvements. Such as making double speed training cost 150% instead of 200%, it's completely useless as is. There are many more little ideas like this which can be implemented without much controversy.

Which you should have done in the first place, you pissed off many players by announcing that the age was to last 4-5 weeks. Even if you were uncertain, you could simply have let it run at normal duration so people knew what to plan for.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Which you should have done in the first place, you pissed off many players by announcing that the age was to last 4-5 weeks. Even if you were uncertain, you could simply have let it run at normal duration so people knew what to plan for.
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post

Pissed off does'nt even come close to describing whats happened ...... this extension of the game is slowley killing the player base ..... people are leaving .... the people who stuck by swirve for years and now OMAC are now leaving.

Utopia is no longer unique it now longer is a good time waster when 56K dial up is the only internet option .... the only thing holding this game together is the player base and the social aspect of the game and that is being eroded.

End this age and put the new age back online ASAP, or you wont have a player base left !
    IMPERIALS KLA

Post Fiend

Aggrovating

It is extremely annoying, that we have these ongoing postponed end dates, it shouldnt really be too hard to set up a simple deadline and inform us, when things do not go as planned.

Yet it seems like the crew just does not care, trying to fend us off with simple 1-5 word sentences, and leaving a hole thread unanswered.

Its sad to see the playerbase shrinking again, instead of growing as we had hoped OMAC would take care of..

Yet it seems it is the way we are all going, I know I dont want to stick up with it much longer.

and late once again....
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Postaholic
    Luth, it's a Wednesday blog, which means that unless it's Thursday (UK time), it's not late.

it's late compared to the "pattern" they created with all of the other blogs with the exception of last week's.

so we come to have certain "expectations"... and once again, they weren't met.
    ~ Lúthien ~
    Goodnight Utopia

Thread Information