Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Testing Questions

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Alpha Testing Questions

To the Alpha Testers -

Would you say that the 'improved' sidebar makes navigation easier? A lot of it seems redundant and could easily be put on one page like CF, War, and Relation pages.

Are the monarch's options located on the 'vote' page and have they been altered much? Anything added/removed?

In the in-game messages, is there an option to send a message to the whole kd?

Are common bugs like the paper bug and dragon bugs fixed.

If anyone else has questions be sure to ask them.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Would you say that the 'improved' sidebar makes navigation easier? A lot of it seems redundant and could easily be put on one page like CF, War, and Relation pages.
    I'd like to play the game for a bit before answering that.

No.

We can't tell yet.

To the Alpha Testers -

Are the monarch's options located on the 'vote' page and have they been altered much? Anything added/removed?

If anyone else has questions be sure to ask them.
    Monarch options are pretty much the same - but in a seperate link that appears when you are monarch, there is also an "invitations" link

Invitations

From time to time honorable provinces will perish at the hands of your enemies. Other trecherous leaders will choose to defect or abandon their provinces. Remember, a full kingdom is a strong kingdom. Use your regal charm to invite strong leaders to take charge of your available lands.

Choose Invitee
    Current kingdom is Corporate Takeover(1:11)
    Kingdom: Island:

Send Invite To

Existing Leader
    Email Address

Choose Invitation Type

Invitation Into...
    New Province 13 available
    Abandoned Province

The Wealthy King Bishop of Beeshop invites you to join the kingdom of Corporate Takeover(1:11).

The sidebar isnt what im used to, so initially i didnt like it, but after messing with it for a day you quickly get used to it. The pages that are separated out do make sections a lot neater looking, not sure if its essential they get their own page but it doesnt hurt.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Posting locations is illegal.
    Bishop needs to get warned for this, and he also deserves at least one infraction over having violated rules that he should know by heart, because he pretends to enforce them hard at all times.

On second thought, he should get one infraction for each location he posted, in the interest of fairness.

Way to go breaking the rules you and your master Mourhelm the magnificient love to 'moderate' us for.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Postaholic
    We used some uncommon sense and came to the conclusion that since it is the alpha, posting locations doesn't matter.
    On most other cases, locations would be deleted.

Now that we got that out of the way, please keep this thread for questions about the alpha.
    Thanks!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You have an answer to that first question Mourhelm? It sounds like you were just waiting for it to grow on you...

Personally I like the sidebar. I just wish they changed Growth to Buildings and Mystics to Spells.

I'm curious to know if you have noticed any changes in the game mechanics?
    Attacks, spells thievery results etc.

Are the KD forum better than the current one?
    Are KD locations autolinked in the forum?
    Are the news/paper etc displayed the same way as it is now?
    What information is displayed on KD pages?

Postaholic
    You have an answer to that first question Mourhelm? It sounds like you were just waiting for it to grow on you...
    At the moment we are somewhat limited with what we can do. The new sidebar is not a bother for me now, but maybe with a bit more intense playing it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
    I'm curious to know if you have noticed any changes in the game mechanics?
    Attacks, spells thievery results etc.
    The whole point of the testing is to make sure everything is working exactly the same.

Are the KD forum better than the current one?
    I'd say yes although there are some bugs that need fixing.

Are KD locations autolinked in the forum?
    No.

Are the news/paper etc displayed the same way as it is now?
    Not that much in the paper at the moment so it's hard to say if the wording is exactly the same.

What information is displayed on KD pages?
    The same info as in the old code.

Ezzerland
    Can you show us what is in the paper atm?

As for the paper bug. I finally received a reply from one of my support tickets that was from about a month ago, regarding the paper.

It stated that the paper bug should be fixed with the new code. This was from a spokesperson for Roison.
    - = Paintrain = -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    January 1 of YR0 Our kingdom has begun a Ruby Dragon project targetted at Corporate Takeover(1:11).
    January 1 of YR0 Corporate Takeover(1:11) has begun a Ruby Dragon project against us!

^^ thats all so far :p
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    April 4 of YR0 In local kingdom strife, Mourhelm(1:20) invaded Beeshop(1:20) and captured 144 acres of land.
    April 4 of YR0 In local kingdom strife, Mourhelm(1:20) invaded Beeshop(1:20) and captured 117 acres of land.
    April 4 of YR0 In local kingdom strife Mourhelm(1:20) invaded Beeshop(1:20) and razed 106 acres of land.
    April 10 of YR0 In local kingdom strife, Beeshop(1:20) invaded Elsinore(1:20) and captured 72 acres of land.
    April 11 of YR0 Mourhelm has sent an aid shipment to Beeshop.
    April 18 of YR0 In local kingdom strife, Mourhelm(1:20) invaded Elsinore(1:20) and captured 58 acres of land.
    April 18 of YR0 In local kingdom strife, Mourhelm(1:20) invaded Elsinore(1:20) and captured 47 acres of land.
    April 18 of YR0 In local kingdom strife, Mourhelm(1:20) invaded Elsinore(1:20) and captured 38 acres of land.
    April 22 of YR0 In local kingdom strife, Mourhelm(1:20) invaded Beeshop(1:20) and captured 76 acres of land.
    April 24 of YR0 Our kingdom has begun a Ruby Dragon project targetted at Wee Nors(1:20).
    April 24 of YR0 Wee Nors(1:20) has begun a Ruby Dragon project against us!

no-one wants to see your lame attacks!

lol dont worry bishop Mourhelm is going to rape me also soon when i will be at work :P

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You started a dragon project at your own kd?

Thread Information