Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I get infractions for private messages.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I get infractions for private messages.

I sent something to Mourhelm.
    It's a private message, of course.

Now, I get slapped with another infraction, for something that only Mourhelm could have read.

Does that count as abuse of the hammer?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

no, why would you be allowed to break the forums rules in a pm?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post

Holly **** you report and give warnings on pm's ?

This has got to be the only forum I've ever come across ever on the internet in the last ooooh 20 years that does that ........ says a hell of alot about this forum and its mods
    IMPERIALS KLA

Ezzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Because in private you're not causing problems. People take matters private to keep them behind closed doors. Should we make all private matters public and just get everyones opinion on the matter?

Is telling someone the truth against the rules?
    Oh, sorry - this is OMAC's forum.

I forgot.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

does that mean mourhelm should get warning for quoting what I warned as he warned me for quoting that..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Yes, that's partially what it means.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    does that mean mourhelm should get warning for quoting what I warned as he warned me for quoting that..
    Show me where I quoted something that shouldn't be quoted and I'll edit it.

We can't.
    If we do, you'll give us more infractions.

Grow the hell up guys.

vt2, if you have an issue then report it, stop spamming with forums with your cries of outrage, its getting old.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

"We can't.
    If we do, you'll give us more infractions."

Mourhelm should address that.
    And it's you two who need to grow up. You're the ones hammering us for the slightest offense, after all - not we.

The fact that I don't report for the slightest offense against me, and instead fight my own battles, puts me head and shoulders above you and your master, Mourhelm the magnificient.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    The fact that I don't report for the slightest offense against me, and instead fight my own battles, puts me head and shoulders above you and your master, Mourhelm the magnificient.
    Yeah, people who suggested/discuss things you deem stupid must be out to get you. That must be the reason why you must flame them.

Whenever you post, just before clicking "submit reply", go over your post again and remove all the flames and insults.

If someone insults you, wait a day and if the mods still didn't remove the flame, report it.

Ezzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mourhelm View Post
    Yeah, people who suggested/discuss things you deem stupid must be out to get you. That must be the reason why you must flame them.

Whenever you post, just before clicking "submit reply", go over your post again and remove all the flames and insults.

If someone insults you, wait a day and if the mods still didn't remove the flame, report it.
    Problem is, when we report things that are obvious flames the mods either:
    a) give you warning for reporting things
    or
    b) get overzealous with deletion and delete 10 posts instead of the two that are actually offensive.

So, if you want us to use the report message thing, I suggest you delete posts that are actually offensive, and not all posts surrounding it, and don't hand out warnings for people reporting things.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    "Obvious flames" is very subjective. While you think something is an obvious flame, we might disagree with you. Moreover, we are aware that we can't make everyone happy, so some things that are offensive to some people (even to some of us moderators) might be acceptable by the current moderation policy. Also, some of your "obvious flames" might be considered acceptable since we know we can't go from a blazing forum to an ice cold one in a day, especially with this community.

Oh, and notice that some people post things that they know that are unacceptable. The same people also report other people for saying the same things they say themselves. If it is so obvious to them that something is an unacceptable flame, why do they use it? Why do they whine about it when they get an infraction for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    a) give you warning for reporting things
    or
    b) get overzealous with deletion and delete 10 posts instead of the two that are actually offensive.

So, if you want us to use the report message thing, I suggest you delete posts that are actually offensive, and not all posts surrounding it, and don't hand out warnings for people reporting things.
    I can think of several reasons for someone to give you a warning for using the report button:
    1. You abuse it to report the same post a "million" times.
    2. You abuse it to report a "million" posts that are in the same thread (we usually read the entire thread once a post has been reported in it).
    3. You abuse it to report a "million" posts that are not offensive.

Maybe I didn't think about all the reasons out there. So if you got a warning for some other abuse of the report button, you don't need to say "but I got a warning for something not in your list".

Suffice to say that if you report problematic posts we'll take a look. It doesn't mean we'll agree that a post is problematic or that we will take any kind of action.

Ezzerland
    "Obvious flames" is very subjective. While you think something is an obvious flame, we might disagree with you. Moreover, we are aware that we can't make everyone happy, so some things that are offensive to some people (even to some of us moderators) might be acceptable by the current moderation policy. Also, some of your "obvious flames" might be considered acceptable since we know we can't go from a blazing forum to an ice cold one in a day, especially with this community.

Oh, and notice that some people post things that they know that are unacceptable. The same people also report other people for saying the same things they say themselves. If it is so obvious to them that something is an unacceptable flame, why do they use it? Why do they whine about it when they get an infraction for it?
    Obvious flames is very subjective. But posts like "lol, ok" obviouly is not a flame and still get deleted when mods like you go through and mass delete posts in a thread that was reported. Obvious flames, imo, are things like "you're as much of a pathetic piece of **** as your stupid ****ing suggestion. Seriously, how ****ing stupid can you be?"

Not so obvious flames are things like "**** off" which I just found out yesterday is considered flaming/personal attack.

I can think of several reasons for someone to give you a warning for using the report button:
    1. You abuse it to report the same post a "million" times.
    2. You abuse it to report a "million" posts that are in the same thread (we usually read the entire thread once a post has been reported in it).
    3. You abuse it to report a "million" posts that are not offensive.

Maybe I didn't think about all the reasons out there. So if you got a warning for some other abuse of the report button, you don't need to say "but I got a warning for something not in your list".

Suffice to say that if you report problematic posts we'll take a look. It doesn't mean we'll agree that a post is problematic or that we will take any kind of action.
    First, mods actually have stated that we are to report EVERY post we find offensive. They never said ANYTHING, nor is it stated when you report messages etc that reporting multiple insults in a single thread is bannable/warnable, nor did they say that an entire thread is looked at when a post is warned. So I see no grounds for giving someone an infraction for using the system in place to report multiple offenses as long as the offenses are real (eg- that's what the system was created for and therefore is being used as intended).

Mods warn/ban us for things they do, its only fair of others to do the same, no? Try leading by example, you might get somewhere.

And you failed to address the point of overzealous deletion of posts.

Thread Information