Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I get infractions for private messages.

You haven't answered.
    You can't answer - only Mourhelm can, and his answer to "We can't.
    If we do, you'll give us more infractions." will be dead silence.

Stop trolling me, Bishop.
    This one's not even about you, and I only needed you to set it off. You no longer serve a purpose in this thread.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Mourhelm is under no obligation to publicly discuss infractions/warnings - i've answered your question as i see it, though you disagree and admit that this thread is merely to start an argument and flaming. please give me a good reason why i shouldnt close it.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I don't care about you, Bishop, or what you have to say.

I want Mourhelm to answer. Or isn't he old enough to fight his own battles? Does he like it when his main henchman fights for him?

"please give me a good reason why i shouldnt close it."

See what you did there - you threatend me.
    Are you feeling proud of yourself?
    Last edited by Bishop; 07-07-2009 at 13:16. Reason: doublepost merged
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Ezzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mourhelm View Post
    Yeah, people who suggested/discuss things you deem stupid must be out to get you. That must be the reason why you must flame them.

Whenever you post, just before clicking "submit reply", go over your post again and remove all the flames and insults.

If someone insults you, wait a day and if the mods still didn't remove the flame, report it.
    Problem is, when we report things that are obvious flames the mods either:
    a) give you warning for reporting things
    or
    b) get overzealous with deletion and delete 10 posts instead of the two that are actually offensive.

So, if you want us to use the report message thing, I suggest you delete posts that are actually offensive, and not all posts surrounding it, and don't hand out warnings for people reporting things.

Regular
    lmfao,the usual trolls being shot down in flames for expressing opinions,

funny how the shoe is on the other foot now.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    "Obvious flames" is very subjective. While you think something is an obvious flame, we might disagree with you. Moreover, we are aware that we can't make everyone happy, so some things that are offensive to some people (even to some of us moderators) might be acceptable by the current moderation policy. Also, some of your "obvious flames" might be considered acceptable since we know we can't go from a blazing forum to an ice cold one in a day, especially with this community.

Oh, and notice that some people post things that they know that are unacceptable. The same people also report other people for saying the same things they say themselves. If it is so obvious to them that something is an unacceptable flame, why do they use it? Why do they whine about it when they get an infraction for it?

a) give you warning for reporting things
    or
    b) get overzealous with deletion and delete 10 posts instead of the two that are actually offensive.

So, if you want us to use the report message thing, I suggest you delete posts that are actually offensive, and not all posts surrounding it, and don't hand out warnings for people reporting things.
    I can think of several reasons for someone to give you a warning for using the report button:
    1. You abuse it to report the same post a "million" times.
    2. You abuse it to report a "million" posts that are in the same thread (we usually read the entire thread once a post has been reported in it).
    3. You abuse it to report a "million" posts that are not offensive.

Maybe I didn't think about all the reasons out there. So if you got a warning for some other abuse of the report button, you don't need to say "but I got a warning for something not in your list".

Suffice to say that if you report problematic posts we'll take a look. It doesn't mean we'll agree that a post is problematic or that we will take any kind of action.

You fail, and I win.

I painted you both out as incompetent hypocrites, that abuse your powers, and threaten people for no real reason.
    What makes it even better is that Bishop attempted to fight me on his master's behalf, and failed spectacularly.

Seriously - get new accounts.
    That way, people will take you both seriously for at least a full day.

Ezzerland
    "Obvious flames" is very subjective. While you think something is an obvious flame, we might disagree with you. Moreover, we are aware that we can't make everyone happy, so some things that are offensive to some people (even to some of us moderators) might be acceptable by the current moderation policy. Also, some of your "obvious flames" might be considered acceptable since we know we can't go from a blazing forum to an ice cold one in a day, especially with this community.

Oh, and notice that some people post things that they know that are unacceptable. The same people also report other people for saying the same things they say themselves. If it is so obvious to them that something is an unacceptable flame, why do they use it? Why do they whine about it when they get an infraction for it?
    Obvious flames is very subjective. But posts like "lol, ok" obviouly is not a flame and still get deleted when mods like you go through and mass delete posts in a thread that was reported. Obvious flames, imo, are things like "you're as much of a pathetic piece of **** as your stupid ****ing suggestion. Seriously, how ****ing stupid can you be?"

Not so obvious flames are things like "**** off" which I just found out yesterday is considered flaming/personal attack.

I can think of several reasons for someone to give you a warning for using the report button:
    1. You abuse it to report the same post a "million" times.
    2. You abuse it to report a "million" posts that are in the same thread (we usually read the entire thread once a post has been reported in it).
    3. You abuse it to report a "million" posts that are not offensive.

Maybe I didn't think about all the reasons out there. So if you got a warning for some other abuse of the report button, you don't need to say "but I got a warning for something not in your list".

Suffice to say that if you report problematic posts we'll take a look. It doesn't mean we'll agree that a post is problematic or that we will take any kind of action.
    First, mods actually have stated that we are to report EVERY post we find offensive. They never said ANYTHING, nor is it stated when you report messages etc that reporting multiple insults in a single thread is bannable/warnable, nor did they say that an entire thread is looked at when a post is warned. So I see no grounds for giving someone an infraction for using the system in place to report multiple offenses as long as the offenses are real (eg- that's what the system was created for and therefore is being used as intended).

Mods warn/ban us for things they do, its only fair of others to do the same, no? Try leading by example, you might get somewhere.

And you failed to address the point of overzealous deletion of posts.

Postaholic
    And you failed to address the point of overzealous deletion of posts.
    When I delete a flame fest and in the middle of it there are posts like "lol, ok" or other replies to the flames that are not adding to the discussion they get deleted too. Not because they are flamy, but because without the flames they are just out of place, make no sense and are just spam.

A simple example:
    Post 1: suggestion
    Post 2: flame
    Post 3: "lol, ok" (by a 3rd participant)

OP reports the flame and it gets deleted so you get this:
    Post 2: "lol, ok" (by a 3rd participant)

Now, while the post still makes sense, it looks like the 3rd participant is against the suggestion, even though he was just responding to the flame. It obviously doesn't add anything to the thread. That is why the "lol, ok" post, being redundant, gets deleted too.

-

If you keep your posts clean and on topic, ignoring flames and flamers, you will, most likely, never see your posts getting deleted.

"If you keep your posts clean and on topic, ignoring flames and flamers, you will, most likely, never see your posts getting deleted."

My deleted things disagree with you.
    And why were you allowed to spam stupid stuff in a thread with someone, while everyone who told you both to get a room got to face deletion at your hammer?

Ezzerland
    You continue, still to skip points. Anyway, posts that had nothing to do with the flamefest get deleted. What then?

You get delete happy, because you love abusing your power.

For example, scontan made a post in a thread. Someone addressed scontans post (happen to be in the middle of a flame fest), Scontans post still exists, but the reply to it does not. And it was not against rules or flamy or etc. It was simply deleted for -no- obvious reason. No warning/infraction etc was given, no reason, just poof, post gone.

Like I said to you and other mods many times before:
    Learn to MODERATE posts. k? thnx.

edit-
    -1 to bishop for, once again, avoiding my question. I guess he knows I, along with everyone else, already knows the answer is yes, and simply proves his point of "I wasn't a mod yet as irrelevant.
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 08-07-2009 at 01:02.

Why don't you delete some of this old stuff that has absolutely no bearing any longer. These forums are cluttered with so much BS that I hate to even venture here to ATTEMPT to learn anything, ESP the Game announcements threads

As my post count shows, I do not have a great deal to speak about. It is obvious most these forums are not worthy of any attention.

How about you try to do the job of my page & clean up this ****hole!?

Flag me, ban me, I don't care. Players new to this game have told me, in my Ghetto kingdom, that they will not come here again for the very reasons I just posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    no, why would you be allowed to break the forums rules in a pm?

Holly **** you report and give warnings on pm's ?

This has got to be the only forum I've ever come across ever on the internet in the last ooooh 20 years that does that ........ says a hell of alot about this forum and its mods
    IMPERIALS KLA

When I delete a flame fest and in the middle of it there are posts like "lol, ok" or other replies to the flames that are not adding to the discussion they get deleted too. Not because they are flamy, but because without the flames they are just out of place, make no sense and are just spam.

A simple example:
    Post 2: flame
    Post 3: "lol, ok" (by a 3rd participant)

OP reports the flame and it gets deleted so you get this:
    Post 2: "lol, ok" (by a 3rd participant)

Now, while the post still makes sense, it looks like the 3rd participant is against the suggestion, even though he was just responding to the flame. It obviously doesn't add anything to the thread. That is why the "lol, ok" post, being redundant, gets deleted too.

-

If you keep your posts clean and on topic, ignoring flames and flamers, you will, most likely, never see your posts getting deleted.

So instead of taking action when its going on, you wait a few days, week, month to do something about it? Just seems silly and a waste of time.

When you were editing posts and putting the changes in red, I thought you were taking a few steps forward, but I guess I was wrong.
    Last edited by flutterby; 08-07-2009 at 04:10.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Ezzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    no, why would you be allowed to break the forums rules in a pm?
    Because in private you're not causing problems. People take matters private to keep them behind closed doors. Should we make all private matters public and just get everyones opinion on the matter?

Thread Information