Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I get infractions for private messages.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    You continue, still to skip points.
    My point was that if you abuse the report button you might get a warning/infraction. If you have a problem with a warning/infraction you got, you're welcome to take it to the senior staff. You said you reported me once, so you know the link.

Anyway, posts that had nothing to do with the flamefest get deleted. What then?

You get delete happy, because you love abusing your power.
    I explained what I delete. I can only soft delete and there are many people who can see what I delete to make sure I don't abuse my power. If I'm not sure about something, I let another moderator/CM take a look. When I find that a moderator made a mistake, I talk to him about it.

For example, scontan made a post in a thread. Someone addressed scontans post (happen to be in the middle of a flame fest), Scontans post still exists, but the reply to it does not. And it was not against rules or flamy or etc. It was simply deleted for -no- obvious reason. No warning/infraction etc was given, no reason, just poof, post gone.
    I went on to check all the threads in the Utopia forums that scontan posted in and came up with nothing.

Do you know the story "The boy who cried wolf"? If not, you should really look it up.

This is not the first time I waste my time to check your claims only to find nothing to back them up. Next time, when you make an example, be 100% sure you are using the right name and provide a link to the thread/post.

his point of "I wasn't a mod yet as irrelevant.
    Of course it is relevant. You can't claim he, as a moderator, flamed anyone relying on a post he made before he became a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurlin View Post
    Holly **** you report and give warnings on pm's ?

This has got to be the only forum I've ever come across ever on the internet in the last ooooh 20 years that does that ........ says a hell of alot about this forum and its mods
    You need to abide the rules even in PMs. If we get a report of a rule violation in a PM we deal with it. It is no different than in-game messages that get reported.

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    So instead of taking action when its going on, you wait a few days, week, month to do something about it?
    No.

Because in private you're not causing problems. People take matters private to keep them behind closed doors. Should we make all private matters public and just get everyones opinion on the matter?
    When you don't get reported, it doesn't matter what you do in private. But if, for example, you start spamming advertisements to people via PM and get reported, don't expect the "It was in a PM" argument to protect you.
    Last edited by Mourhelm; 08-07-2009 at 22:50. Reason: Removed the sarcasm

If someone insults you, wait a day and if the mods still didn't remove the flame, report it.
    Unfortunately, the "Report post" feature does not work at all.

I have reported Mickster's blatant insults a good number of times already. Yet, these insults have not been removed, and Mickster did not receive any warning.

Obviously, there is a problem with the report button!

Postaholic
    Check again...
    Last edited by Mourhelm; 08-07-2009 at 09:57.

Some are still around.

I don't know how I can check how many warnings he received for all his flames.
    Maybe you can tell us?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    Some are still around.

I don't know how I can check how many warnings he received for all his flames.
    Maybe you can tell us?
    Infractions/warnings are a private matter. You should know this already as it was said many times before.

Well you also said moderators could not give warnings or infractions to other moderators, so I'm wondering how you managed to issue them on him for his pathetic and insulting behavior. Seems like a valid concern to me.

Postaholic
    Seems like a valid concern to me.
    How about you concern yourself with how you behave on these forums?

If you see a post you think is problematic, report it and leave us to be concerned about it.

If you think a moderator did you wrong, you can voice your concerns via this link: http://forums.joltonline.com/sendmessage.php

PS
    In case you didn't read the above posts, abusing the report button might result in an infraction.

My behaviour has always been in compliance with the board's rules, thanks for asking. Regardless, that did not prevent a moderator from threatening with a forum ban unless I stopped criticizing Utopia Kingdoms, and even if said moderator acknowledged that my critics were perfectly valid ones.

Moderators never did anything wrong to me because they have nothing to reproach me. I'm pretty happy with that, because all the valid concerns raised by these who have been incorrectly treated by a moderator have either been ignored, or used against them.

PS
    I consider your PS to be a flame in disguise, so please edit your post.

Postaholic
    My behaviour has always been in compliance with the board's rules, thanks for asking.
    Actually, I wasn't asking about your behaviour. I know it's generally in compliance with the board's rules.

My point was that you need not concern yourself with how we deal with other posters. As said, if you see a problematic post, report it.

Regardless, that did not prevent a moderator from threatening with a forum ban unless I stopped criticizing Utopia Kingdoms, and even if said moderator acknowledged that my critics were perfectly valid ones.
    We're talking about the Utopia boards. Utopia Kingdoms have a different moderation policy. If you want to discuss Utopia Kingdoms, go to the Utopia Kingdoms boards.

Moderators never did anything wrong to me because they have nothing to reproach me. I'm pretty happy with that
    I'm happy with that too.

My point was that you need not concern yourself with how we deal with other posters.
    Well to be honest that is a serious concern for me, because most of my favorite posters have left these boards due to moderation issues.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mourhelm View Post
    We're talking about the Utopia boards. Utopia Kingdoms have a different moderation policy.
    Tell us, should we expect that kind of moderation here in case the shiny, new, promoted Utopia code fails to ressurect the game?
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Postaholic
    Well to be honest that is a serious concern for me, because most of my favorite posters have left these boards due to moderation issues.
    People just need to adapt to the fact that the rules are being enforced. The people who don't violate the rules have no problems with the moderation team.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Tell us, should we expect that kind of moderation here in case the shiny, new, promoted Utopia code fails to ressurect the game?
    I'm not in a position to make any decisions regarding the moderation policy so I don't know what the future will be like.

If things change, I'd expect an announcement about it (but again, I'm not the one making the decisions so I can't promise anything).

People just need to adapt to the fact that the rules are being enforced. The people who don't violate the rules have no problems with the moderation team.
    I'm pretty sure you did not notice a huge drop in the number of posts since these new rules are being enforced then. It pretty much killed the forum. Now there are only a few topics posted per day, and the vast majority of these is dumb. This new policy blatantly fails, and for some reason OMAC maintains its narrow minded position. Once you have no posters left, you'll be guaranteed that nobody flames. Maybe that is OMAC goal.

Hint: people tend to protest when rules are idiotic.

If things change, I'd expect an announcement about it
    It is OMAC. Either there will be no change, or someone will announce that they are working on it, and then immediately forget about it, for no change in the end.

"How about you concern yourself with how you behave on these forums?"

Oooooo, obvious personal attack on Toadi by Mourhelm! That needs to get edited and moderated out of existence, and the failmod in question needs a warning!
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourhelm View Post
    Yes, we wait for at least a year before we take action. That is why we never get any whining about posts being deleted/edited. It is just so old and the threads are buried so deep that no one notices the deletes/edits.
    Was that sarcasm necessary? I could see if I come off the way Ezz or VT2 does, but I really don't think I deserved that kind of bad attitude. I'm really offended.
    Last edited by flutterby; 08-07-2009 at 15:33.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Thread Information