Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I get infractions for private messages.

Ezzerland
    You posted the same example twice. That's not multiple times and that's not multiple claims. And you should have looked harder. I may have been wrong about the /single/ claim of the post /after/ scontan in that it was actually multiple posts /before/ scontan posted, but I was not wrong about mods getting delete happy etc.

Still, your claim that my 'examples' in the other thread were 'made up' is incorrect, and in turn calling me a liar. So you are wrong that you have not done so.

I happened to also be online when that thread was moved. Since I know posts don't instantly disappear when a thread is moved, I can take the far fetched guess that the person that moved it was the one that deleted it. Thats what makes it a /Utopia/ Example.

Regardless, there was *no* reason for the post to be deleted. Even if I said that he was posting in the wrong forums and did not play this game, that's no excuse to delete my post. That, once again, is overmoderation.

If you cannot comment on it, then please do me the favor of directing the attention of someone whom can. And while they are trying to supply an answer as to why they would delete posts that belong where they are, may they also explain to me why posts asking for a reason to be given to me were also deleted.

I know in reality the answer is simple. Mods here are delete happy, and frankly, their superiors don't care.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    You posted the same example twice. That's not multiple times and that's not multiple claims. And you should have looked harder. I may have been wrong about the /single/ claim of the post /after/ scontan in that it was actually multiple posts /before/ scontan posted, but I was not wrong about mods getting delete happy etc.
    What it comes down to is a misunderstanding. I meant that your claim was still not correct and you took it as if I was saying that all your claims were false.

Still, your claim that my 'examples' in the other thread were 'made up' is incorrect, and in turn calling me a liar. So you are wrong that you have not done so.
    As in the misunderstanding I pointed above, you read what you want. The fact that I said that you shouldn't give examples without names because it seems like you only base these examples on real ones while fusing them together, blowing them out of proportion and/or diminish the violations committed, is not the same as calling you a liar.

I said this just a post ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mourhelm View Post
    I don't think you are a liar or anything like that. I know you truly believe that what you are posting is the truth.
    -

I happened to also be online when that thread was moved. Since I know posts don't instantly disappear when a thread is moved, I can take the far fetched guess that the person that moved it was the one that deleted it. Thats what makes it a /Utopia/ Example.
    I already commented on that thread. The thread didn't belong to Utopia and got moved. If I could see exactly what was deleted there I could have comment more on the subject. Lets move on.

If you cannot comment on it, then please do me the favor of directing the attention of someone whom can. And while they are trying to supply an answer as to why they would delete posts that belong where they are, may they also explain to me why posts asking for a reason to be given to me were also deleted.
    I'll see what I can do. Keep in mind that no one is obligated to discuss these matters, certainly not in public.

I discuss these things with you in the hopes that you will understand that we do not moderate just for the sake of it.

Ezzerland
    You take a single claim and use a plural term. the claim was inaccurate, but not false. Again, forgive me for thinking you were talking about multiple claims.

I'm going to guess that I am misunderstanding this post too, right?:
    http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showpost.ph...0&postcount=65

That's not actually you saying that I'm making things up.. right?

Seriously.. forget it. I should just acknowledge Lydi's suggested rule and be satisfied with the knowledge that mods can do no wrong, make no mistakes, and are never wrong.

why do you bother ?

I think Steel said it best in another forum

Quote Originally Posted by Steel
    Utopia is not simply "dying" it has "died" and we've all just missed it. Its just decomposing now, and the majority of us are finally saying "onoez, it died~~~".
    **** this game I think I might go get Empire total war as a time waster.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Postaholic
    You take a single claim and use a plural term. the claim was inaccurate, but not false. Again, forgive me for thinking you were talking about multiple claims.
    English is my second language. If it will make you feel better, I'll edit my posts to remove the 's' from the word "claims".

I'm going to guess that I am misunderstanding this post too, right?:
    http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14846630&postcount=65

That's not actually you saying that I'm making things up.. right?
    That's exactly what you did. You took examples as you remember them, then you made up new names, fused the examples together, blown them out of proportion and/or diminished the violations committed.

The reply in that case was fitting, just like the reply in this case (that your claim is wrong) is fitting. Taking my words and making generalization out of them is wrong. I admit it might be my fault for not knowing English well enough.

Since Mourhelm's ignoring my point, that's another battle I've won.
    Good going.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Ezzerland
    That's exactly what you did. You took examples as you remember them, then you made up new names, fused the examples together, blown them out of proportion and/or diminished the violations committed.
    No, that is not what I did. You're assumption is another attempt at making you and your team look better. You do that a lot too. You can't stand the fact that bad things have been done, so you simply act like they never did, or that they were obviously not bad things.

Well, simply put. Forget you. Forget jolt.

Edit-
    Thanks Lydi for simply asking me to mod my own post instead of acting like the others around here, all delete happy.
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 10-07-2009 at 14:01. Reason: at request of Lydi

Forum Addict
    How about you concern yourself with how you behave on these forums?

If you see a post you think is problematic, report it and leave us to be concerned about it.

If you think a moderator did you wrong, you can voice your concerns via this link: http://forums.joltonline.com/sendmessage.php

PS
    In case you didn't read the above posts, abusing the report button might result in an infraction.
    Interestingly enough I also reported Micksters post and was disappointed when no action at all was taken. I found it genuinely offensive, however obviously my sensibilities as a users were irrelevant to the mod team.

As for yourself saying that users should simply concern themselves with how they behave on these forums - how about you either going on a customer service course in ENGLISH or alternatively you realising that you are not a grown up amongst children, even though the way you phrased that implied it.

I could well be old enough to be your mother and see no reason for patronising behaviour towards users such as Toadi, or even myself, being as I was concerned about the exact same thing. In fact I see no reason for such patronising language towards anyone.

And yes, I AM upset and angry with your post, I am not trying to put salt on your tail, before you go into 'self defence' mode. Please self moderate and consider the implications of what you post.

Mods are immune to reports, infractions, bans, and warnings.
    Patience tried to get herself banned and warned, but it didn't work.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Mods are immune to reports, infractions, bans, and warnings.
    Patience tried to get herself banned and warned, but it didn't work.
    Yes, V2, I am aware of that - I cannot praise Patience enough for her fairness - however that does not mean that they cannot self moderate, they have an 'edit' button, exactly as we users do.

Thread Information