Thread: Which is it?

Which is it?

[Utopia Support #12460] [Utopia:WOL] Missing paper information‏

Hi there, Roisin has now looked at this but I am afraid it is a case of the paper bug. It will be fixed however with the new code. --Best regards, Community Director
    JoltOnline Support

From the Blog

Old bugs: Our aim has been to very-closely replicate the existing functionality of the game. In many cases this includes unwittingly replicating bugs. A few bugs may have disappeared along the way, but in general don’t expect things like Paper bugs to be fixed. In more positive news however, once this code is up and running we’ll be able to kill these bugs off without too much fuss.

So which is it, has the paper bug been fixed already or is it something that is on your list?
    - = Paintrain = -

my question exactly

*waves to Jobolob*
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

So sorry - that was a false assumption on my part; but I didn't mean to mislead anybody.

Brian and Sean are of course better placed to give the correct information.

Postaholic
    I think what you said was just fine.
    The bug will be fixed with the new code, just not now. They will first get everything to work the same (with bugs and all). Then they'll get rid of the bugs. This will happen with the new code.

Ezzerland
    That's pretty cool of them to code bugs into their system.

They're supposedly replicating everything that's in the original.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Ezzerland
    cool, I hope they get the 10 day BR bug correct

If the 10 days BR bug is fixed in the new code - for example - shall we raise a new bug report and ask for said bug to be put back?

Mourhelm, that's not how it was represented to us...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Community Manager
    "Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history."

Are you folks that desperate for things to pick at? :)
    CM, NA Quadrant, Western Sector
    Don't mind me, I'm just browsing

Enthusiast
    Then you shall cut down the mightiest tree in the forest...

with a herring!!!

Ni!

Quote Originally Posted by D@jo View Post
    Are you folks that desperate for things to pick at? :)
    yes, it seems so :P

www.TheBattlefields.info
    For true utopians

\o/
    rawr!

Dojo I wasnt picking, I was looking for an answer since I was told two different things. I have my answer therefore I am happy.

The paper bug is not fixed as of yet, but it will be fixed sometime in the near future once the new code is up. Thats what I take from it now.

I only questioned this because I made a support form about the paper bug in our last war. It took 2 months to get a concrete response from anyone, and in the end the response contradicted the blog. Hence why I asked the question.

Regardless of what anyone says further in this thread, I was given my answer, Lydias apologised (not that she really needed too, a misunderstanding is a misunderstanding).

Mourhelm lets not start anything from this. What was stated by Lydias could have been interpretted many different ways, does it really matter?

The question I asked has been answered there is no need for any animosity from either side.
    - = Paintrain = -

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobolob View Post
    Mourhelm lets not start anything from this. What was stated by Lydias could have been interpretted many different ways, does it really matter?

The question I asked has been answered there is no need for any animosity from either side.
    There isn't any animosity. None was intended. I just didn't see what Lydias said as contradicting to what the blog said as no one mentioned exactly when it will be fixed, just that it will be with the new code.

When I made the comment I didn't think it will start anything and if I knew it would I wouldn't have posted at all. Sorry.

Thread Information