Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To OMAC: Fake Wars

Regular

To OMAC: Fake Wars

Hi, would you please share with us your thoughts on fake warring?

Is it a problem, cheat, exploit? And therefore something you are interested in correcting? If so, what is the plan?

=================

Or is it acceptable behavior? (myself and others would like to know so we can know if we should invest any more of our time here)

=================

Kingdoms hitting from war into other kingdoms (they are not warring with) is rampant this age. As is the use of these fake wars to pump elites.

Outside of Alliance Wars (which no mechanics currently exist for) there is no reason to let a province (much less multiple kingdoms) interfere with a war between two kingdoms.

There should be no spells, no ops, and no attacks available to outside kingdoms (and visa versa).

This would greatly reduce the value of farm kingdoms (which have been blatantly used for more than 2 ages now). If they can not transfer resources to their kingdom during war they are not as useful. Low-life 1337 'skd' types would probably try to grab masses of wealth prior to the war as part of their 'strategy' but at least it would be limited.

Kingdoms caught using wars to pump undead elites should be deleted. If this is something Omac is uncapable of, then the +/- of the undead should be re-written to counter this abuse.

Ezzerland
    Since I'm not allowed to make useful/productive posts, I wont tell you the response about this being already addressed.

Instead, I'll tell you that you don't need to make multiple threads about it in multiple sections and the answer is still going to be the same.

I hope the above information is not of any use to you.
    Have a pleasant day.

Regular
    You've been as useless as we've come to expect.

You speak of two unique posts, on the same topic. Neither has been answered.

Regardless of whether its exploiting, fair tactic etc. It exists and it happens, most people have come to accept it.

Side note, there is no need to be rude. You could have ignored him but chances are this thread will now end up being another flamefest. Gee thanks, just what we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

If you bothered to read last thread about this matter you would know why your idea is retarded
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Quote Originally Posted by OldG View Post
    Or is it acceptable behavior? (myself and others would like to know so we can know if we should invest any more of our time here)
    That sounds like you and your "others" plan on quitting the game if OMAC doesn't change fake wars to cheating. I'm trying my best not to curse you out right now for being an idiot for thinking anyone in the world would actually believe that you would quit the game if OMAC didn't change fake wars to being against the rules of the game.

Either way, fake wars are a necessary part of the game especially for the top kingdom world. If they didn't exist, after every war you have (especially in the top 10-20) you will get vultured by an Absalom kingdom.

UG I think he meant they should spend more time in fake wars, not quit game.

Also, you will get vultured by absalom no matter you are in fw or not. Sanc is proof to that.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

At the moment we do not get involved as they are not considered an exploit.

If that is changed in the future it will not be without consultation with the players.

Postaholic
    There have been many discussions about fake wars. I think the key theme that people agreed about is that changes should be made so fake wars will not be necessary anymore.

At any case, I think we should wait until the new code is ready and Sean and Brian can actually take the time to study the issue.

Also, taking action against fake wars is not easy because it is hard to determine what wars are in fact fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourhelm View Post
    Also, taking action against fake wars is not easy because it is hard to determine what wars are in fact fake.
    Hahahahahah
    ILM.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Saveid View Post
    Hahahahahah
    um... yeah, +1 to that...

fake war = 2 kd's in a war where there is no attacks, not that hard....

Hi, would you please share with us your thoughts on fake warring?

Is it a problem, cheat, exploit? And therefore something you are interested in correcting? If so, what is the plan?
    but, with a "proper" FW where it is used for kd's just OOW or prolonged hostiles, there is nothing wrong with it... the kd's arent hitting out, no hits are being made in, but they get protection from outside interference so they can rebuild
    who are "others"?
    Kingdoms hitting from war into other kingdoms (they are not warring with) is rampant this age. As is the use of these fake wars to pump elites.

Outside of Alliance Wars (which no mechanics currently exist for) there is no reason to let a province (much less multiple kingdoms) interfere with a war between two kingdoms.
    what if a kd creates a farm kd and uses them to honor whore/gain elites easily, why shouldnt we be allowed to jump in and stop this abuse from happening
    i have seen instances before where kd's trade land for honor, one kd max gains using anon, the other top feeds by ~50% for honor, why cant outside kd's jump in and stop this?
    OMAC/mehul are under no obligation to do anything about this, as long as the accounts are played by legitimate players, yet it is clearly an abuse of the system...
    There should be no spells, no ops, and no attacks available to outside kingdoms (and visa versa).
    this will make fake warring even more viable, KD A waves KD B, then immedaitely jumps int FW with KD C
    KD B has to wait for KD A to get out of the fake war before they can hit them back
    This would greatly reduce the value of farm kingdoms (which have been blatantly used for more than 2 ages now). If they can not transfer resources to their kingdom during war they are not as useful. Low-life 1337 'skd' types would probably try to grab masses of wealth prior to the war as part of their 'strategy' but at least it would be limited.
    you seem to assume that provinces sitting around with heap of resources are farms?
    it is amazing how often you can save yourself from starving as an A/T simply by looking outside your kd and doing 2-3 ops of rob graineries on a dwarf with a rediculous amount of food lying around, or gettin a heap of runes from some silly elf/mytic
    Kingdoms caught using wars to pump undead elites should be deleted. If this is something Omac is uncapable of, then the +/- of the undead should be re-written to counter this abuse.
    so, 2 UD kd's attacking each other should be deleted, based on that logic? as they are "pumping elites"

just cause you've gotten screwed over by some kd's attacking out of fake wars does not mean it should be stripped from the game, i have been in situations where we wave a kd, they wave us back + LL, taking more acres, then jump into FW, why should i not be allowed to hit them and get my acres back?

finally, if 2 kd's want to sit there in FW, taking the -ve income and reduced science rate, twiddling thier thumbs and doing nothing, so be it, why should they NOT be allowed to do that?
    Last edited by _greenie; 13-07-2009 at 01:18.
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    um... yeah, +1 to that...

fake war = 2 kd's in a war where there is no attacks, not that hard....
    You are aware that if the criteria will be no attacks then fake warring will include 1 attack. The number of attacks in fake wars will grow as needed until you get to the lowest level of ghetto warring. Then you would get whines about OMAC interfering with "legit" wars.

Forum Addict
    You are aware that if the criteria will be no attacks then fake warring will include 1 attack. The number of attacks in fake wars will grow as needed until you get to the lowest level of ghetto warring. Then you would get whines about OMAC interfering with "legit" wars.
    Mourhelm - you are correct in your explanation of why it is difficult to determine fake war.

However I would prefer it if you didnt label those who are less able than you to analyse when in this kind of situation as 'whiners'. The userbase are not children and I see no need for the less knowledgable to be put down in this way.

I accept that your first language is not English, however in your situation then it is better to say nothing than to say something insulting.

Ooooo, personal attack on everyone in this thread by Mourhelm!
    Report him!
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Ooooo, personal attack on everyone in this thread by Mourhelm!
    Report him!
    wow, VT2 you're a complete idiot at times....
    i see no personal attack on anyone, stop fabricating rubbish...
    (now THAT can be considered personal attack.... so go ahead and hit the report button if it will make you feel better...)

mourhelm, point conceeded
    guess if the minimum attacks is set at something like 8-9 hits pers side, per 24 hours, if 2 allied kd's went into fake war, am sure they could easily make this happen, and if you then procceeded to interfere with this war, the leaders/players in those kd would come here and complain/whine about it
    Last edited by _greenie; 10-07-2009 at 23:04.
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Thread Information