Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +hours on attack gains question

Regular

+hours on attack gains question

As far as Gains sciences go, the guide says "... improve your ability to capture enemy land resources." So sciences don't help gain more from learns/plunders. The guide doesn't mention the added hours option for attacking, so my question is this: Does adding extra time to your attacks increase the gains on learns/plunders? I'm thinking not. On the science page, it simply says +10% Gains in combat, but as the guide reveals, it only affects land gains. So it stands to reason that when you add 4 hours to get 12% more gains, it too also just affects land gains. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sir Postalot
    gains sci, and orc bonus affects plunder/learn as well as trad marches
    also, the +hrs isnt worth it in 99% of cases
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

To clarify, greenie is expressing that it isn't worth it in 99% of cases for top players. You will be better off making more unique attacks a day than fewer attacks of max gains. Which is quite true.
    notable exceptions
    plunders (situational attack)
    learns (more situational)
    trads and conquests where you will not be able to break the target again in the near future (higher level of play than some of us have to/get to deal with kd situational)

but the best reason for most of us is you have a lower attack time than your activity allows for {for example i work longer days (at a real job I can't play this at) than my attack time. I also prefer to sleep longer than my attack time)
    I believe this was the reason the gains is still there and viable, it gives lower activity players a small catch-up tool.

Director of Age Changes
    +hours suck, except in some cases when you can't login to attack at a certain hour.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

They're handy for timing it so your attacks fit into your schedule, but that's about it.

Extra hours affect gains in general, so you get a bonus on all 'gains' - not damage.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    gains sci, and orc bonus affects plunder/learn as well as trad marches
    Are you positive? This would be contrary to what the guide says on the matter of gains science (which I'm willing to accept but just want to be sure).

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Extra hours affect gains in general, so you get a bonus on all 'gains'
    Based on what? I've checked the guide and it doesn't say anything about the added hour gains (unless I've just missed it). And like I said before, the science page says +% Gains in Combat but the guide reveals it only deals with land gains. So when I see "+% gains" from added hours, I'm thinking that it also is just dealing with land gains. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just thorough in my quest for finding out things. So if you don't mind, I'd like to know where you got this information.

Post Fiend
    rofl, as if anyone would take the guide seriously when the guide states that magic science only works offensivly.... (and atleast 10 people I've spoken to believe so due to the fact that "the guide says nothing about it working defensivly, as opposed to theivery where it states it both works offensively and defensively) then again, people still think that theif-dens only work offensivly too so.... where the hell is the world going lol

Post Demon
    I once ran a gen prov with +150% gains sci. Plunder was effected, I could take 2/3'rds targets resources per hit, even on smaller targets (which is the plunder gain cap). Learn wasn't as blatantly effected - but I'm told learn cap is believed to be only about 12.5% (1/8) target's total sci. I do think I was getting better sci gains...
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Seems to affect gains on learn/plunder for me. Have you tried it yourself?

Sir Postalot
    it does affect it
    orc gets waaaaaaaaay better gains than anyone else on plunders straight OOP
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Regular
    so basically, there's nothing that officially sheds any light on the matter. Personally, I want to know for sure that + hours will give me higher gains on my learns/plunders before I send my army out for longer than they need to be. I'm not going to just assume that I'm getting bigger gains. Looks like regular attack times for me until something official is said about it.

Start a genisis Acct. Try it out.
    It does give better gains, as has been said by several people here.
    But you can't trust us. So test it. What do you want, a mod to come explain it to you everytime? (although thats nice and thanks for when they do, it is a bit unrealistic)
    If you can't take these answers, Get your own! Test it! Test it!

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham's think tank View Post
    so basically, there's nothing that officially sheds any light on the matter. Personally, I want to know for sure that + hours will give me higher gains on my learns/plunders before I send my army out for longer than they need to be. I'm not going to just assume that I'm getting bigger gains. Looks like regular attack times for me until something official is said about it.
    + gains will net you larger gains for your province

Quote Originally Posted by the guide
    Military

Learning better military tactics helps you find new ways to fight battles and improve your ability to capture enemy land resources. Study here, and your troops will capture more from their battles.
    I think you are reading "enemy land resources" as "the enemies land resources" - personally i read it as "the enemies land" = the enemy province
    Last edited by Bishop; 13-07-2009 at 16:28.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    me too, +gains @ massacre ftw.

Regular
    ah ha. thanx bishop. You are right, I was reading it as enemy [land resources] as opposed to [enemy land] resources.

Thread Information