Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alliances and figure heads

Alliances and figure heads

It has been a while since i've played the game. I'm curious to know the deeds done by alliances/leaders whom have existed past or present and some names of people you current utopians would like to see back in action and in their top form. May it be a current alliance that use to be something different in the past and now have changed due to new (what ever circumstance) A name of a person who created a stir, influenced a few kds/alliances what ever the reason. Former alliance creaters, leaders who took the reigns of an alliance and made it into something memorable, ambassadors who built an interesting pact/alliance, ambassadors who declared war, kd's who started an alliance war none affiliated with themselves. Mention names and a little reason to why you would like to see them back.
    The aim of this thread is to learn a little of utopias great history.

I'm sure i won't know 90% of the people or even alliances especially if you name people in the past 5-7 years :)
    Yes i've been away for a long time.

Sir Postalot
    The greatest player in history is a guy name kadagar who convinced 50,000 people that he was a 12 year old kid dying of cancer and thus should be allowed to feed (bank) to #1. The rest of us are just fighting for 2nd.

StupidDan was a fun one to talk smack too in these forums.

Enthusiast
    Back in ages 10-15 Tredvolt was a bit of a legend. If there was a loophole to be found and exposed, Tredvolt was usually the one doing it (or so everyone always figured)

Think I have seen some HaLL kingdoms still around. I loved/hated them back when I played before. All alliances usually ended up getting accused of being unfair etc.. at some point. HaLL was the only one that never seemed to apologize for it. They were tough, nasty and never seemed to be sorry.
    I had my run ins with them but I respected their nasty attitude. Seemed either you were in the HaLL alliance or you hated them. There was no middle ground.
    “Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”

Veteran
    Well, I'm sure Hel of Dim Forest definately deserves a mention.

http://www.utopiaresource.com/wiki/i..._of_Dim_Forest
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

Even though i dont like them, absalom probably deserve to be mentioned for their consistency (been around since age 2, i think?) and also because of the controversy they keep generating.

+1 for Hel of dim forest for greatest ever bug abuse :P

I may be wrong (just my experience), but brute force was one of the most 1337 kds on the server for a pretty long time, so they should be named?

Enthusiast
    I started to say something about Hel of Dim Forest but was trying to think of things that lasted over a few ages.
    Certainly HoDF was all anyone talked about that particular age.
    Everytime I would go to the forum half the threads would be about that province.

I don't know if I would point out particular kingdoms since anyone can look at final charts to see who was the best each age or who has been around awhile.

Sauron's Pets (aka toffee?) was a minor celebrity. He had came and gone (well mostly gone, he popped up on the boards now and then) before I got into the game but people seemed to perk up if he was found posting in the boards.
    2 other things helped him, the fact someone had made a little adventure game that used names of well known early utopian players and the fact that when he posted on the boards it seemed even Mehul couldn't resist responding to him.
    Last edited by Sir Nasty; 18-07-2009 at 17:33.
    “Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”

Post Fiend
    The thing with Tred is that while he was always at the forefront of abusing stuff it was mainly because he was the only one willing to not because he was actually innovating the stuff. Things like the all elf kingdom paradising one prov were a pretty well known loop hole and all over the forums but no one else could ever find 24 players willing to waste an age on trying it.

HoDF just used someone elses strategy in a round when the changes made it a lot more powerful than it had previously been.

I thought Hellswarming was pretty original, as was those rotating Halfers that Floggers kingdom had one age :) The Europe VLaOS kingdom that did the intra kingdom plunder feeding was also pretty original even if running gold farms to do it was lame :P

If anyone remembers the multi suiciders script that was run on JT in round 14(?), that was amazing to sit and watch a kingdom get destroyed as you refreshed the kingdom page :(

Enthusiast
    "Things like the all elf kingdom paradising one prov were a pretty well known loop hole and all over the forums but no one else could ever find 24 players willing to waste an age on trying it."

HA! We tried it! :P We had 24 elves and a faery, idea came from watching Tred the previous age, think our kingdom was something with Marvel in it, anyways, we were ranked #1 on the server the last day of protection and everyone was saying we were Tred and his kingdom. Damn Mehul blasted us just hours before protection ended. 60% of our provinces were deleted for illegal trading.

The suiciding script happened to Evil Empire as well in age 14, another thing that soured that kingdom at the start. The multi suiciders spelt out a message with their attacks, can't remember what it was but something about revenge against those who think themselves above others etc..
    I had forgot that was another big reason EE said the hell with age 14 and never really got back into things. EE was pretty much a one age wonder. (age 13)

Kadagar got Chai'd though.
    Also, it was Toffe, not "Toffee."
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

Post Fiend
    The thing with the scripted suiciders in age 14 was that the first batch was pretty slow working from what I remember, hits happened over the day but the second batch that targeted JT was either someone different or a much refined script used by the original perp because it was just blasting provinces into the ground as you watched while the previous one had been much slower.

In terms of truly great alliances/kingdoms it's really hard imo to put that on anyone because of longevity. There is so much player change behind the scenes it's hard imo to say if it's still the same kingdom/alliance as it started out as. Also when you are at the top it's much easier to survive as people aspire to join you which takes some of the big problems of recruitment away.

I think Kanga might be the best player the game ever had in terms of what he innovated in the early years such as scripts and the som calc that was miles ahead of everyone else. In terms of long term consistent achievement you'd probably have to put ASF up there too. A number of older names came back and frankly embarrassed themselves imo, not because the game is better/harder etc in "the modern era" but simply I don't think they were adaptable enough.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker073 View Post
    Kadagar got Chai'd though.
    Also, it was Toffe, not "Toffee."
    Well Chai tried to kill kadagar for a few days, and he finally died when he got flogged. No one died back then without a little flogging, but if we were going for #1 we'd let others take the credit.
    Last edited by flogger; 18-07-2009 at 19:51.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironballs View Post
    The thing with the scripted suiciders in age 14 was that the first batch was pretty slow working from what I remember, hits happened over the day but the second batch that targeted JT was either someone different or a much refined script used by the original perp because it was just blasting provinces into the ground as you watched while the previous one had been much slower.

In terms of truly great alliances/kingdoms it's really hard imo to put that on anyone because of longevity. There is so much player change behind the scenes it's hard imo to say if it's still the same kingdom/alliance as it started out as. Also when you are at the top it's much easier to survive as people aspire to join you which takes some of the big problems of recruitment away.

I think Kanga might be the best player the game ever had in terms of what he innovated in the early years such as scripts and the som calc that was miles ahead of everyone else. In terms of long term consistent achievement you'd probably have to put ASF up there too. A number of older names came back and frankly embarrassed themselves imo, not because the game is better/harder etc in "the modern era" but simply I don't think they were adaptable enough.
    Kanga was tough, and I could usually only pass him until after he got muti'd a month into the age from being #1 (it got to the point if you wanted to make a #1 run, you had to stay behind for the longest time possible, and time when you'd make your move. Let the #1 guy just eat all the multis), the hardest part is knowing just how much people cheated. I ran 1 spy prov and never farmed it out or anything from ages 3-5, and most of the guys I knew did likewise. Once I stopped doing it, it was hard to get much higher than say 20th. Didn't find out till about 6 months after he quit that Flip had 20, and he was known as one of the top 3 prov players. Maybe Kanga farmed out early in ages, you just never really know. Not that I'm suggesting Kanga did cheat, but maybe he was the Manny Ramirez of utopia, you never know.

Longevity doesn't seem that important to me, just seeing as how there's no one nowadays that even comes close to being as powerful as the 10 most powerful guys back then. ASF could do whatever he wanted back then, now the politics handcuffs anyone from being as powerful as say a Toffe or a Blacksun. Although I have no clue how ages say 15-35 ran.
    Last edited by flogger; 18-07-2009 at 20:05.

glad some one mentioned Kanga ... his CB translator is still being used even up to this day.

Technically he will always be top 5 .... Toffe as a Kingdon leader ... he'll be up there as well.

P.S

and Bykko (sp?) hellswarm strat ... was just briliant
    IMPERIALS KLA

Enthusiast
    I wasn't around during the Toffe era so never understood the big deal about the guy.
    As far as I could tell he orgainized some orcs on the server to carry lots of offense and use the threat to keep hits away. Other than that I don't think anyone ever explained why people made a big deal out of him. (maybe someone can enlighten me)

Seems people remember more about the players in the early days. Don't hear mention of players the last 25 ages that much (at least so far)
    I guess the past ages can be considered the 'Dark Ages' :P Game is so whacky now noone seems to be able to stand out in it anymore.

Thread Information