Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The uses of Homes . . .

Post Fiend
    Vines math is seriously flawed.

1/92 = .92??? fail, can`t even use a calculator.

This is off topic but for the networth of science books and moving onto working out the nwpa of science books.

nw = networth
    sb = science book
    tsb = total science books
    ta = total acres in your provence
    pa = per acre
    / = divided by

example: sb/ta = science books divided by total acres

1nw = 92tsb/92sb

so far so good, grade 3 maths in action.

next step is a bit more difficult, we will try and work out our total networth of the our total ammount of science books, then move into the next stage of nw pa

example numbers here
    tsb = 16388
    ta = 320

nw = tsb/sb
    = 16388/92
    = 178 have rounded it down

nwpa = nw/ta
    = 178/320
    = 0.55
    so the tsb adds only 0.55nwpa in this example. hope this helps those people below grade 3 elementary/primary school to have a basic understanding of the concept of divide.

vines use a calculator 1/92 will never equal .092 or .92. Fractions and percentages are 2 very different things. 1/92 is a fraction. 0.92 is 92% and .092 is 9.2% which is percentages.

Is he really that bad at maths that he mixes up the simplest of concepts?
    If that is his maths skill, I wouldnt even give him a dollar to go to the shop to buy me a pack of gum. 1dollar - 78cents = ??? He would prolly get into an argument with the cashier how the computers calulations are wrong.

He is running impressive numbers for opa and dpa but very bad opnw and dpnw.

trying to explain math to vines is hopeless. there've been some math majors trying to explain, i believe, but he just doesnt listen.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    your prov would explode if my orcs hit you - youd be so overpopped after even 1 hit it wouldnt be funny
    you would have the same % overpop if you had 0% pop-sci and 0% homes...

its relative

Post Fiend
    and oh.. I like those arguments that if you run higher draft you will get overpopped faster (lol)

say for example if you ran 50% draft, 50% peasants (0% wiz for the sake of this example)
    compared to 75% draft 25% peasants

you lose the same amount of population/tick due to overpopulation, and obviously you lose a bit more trained troops if you have 75% trained troops and 25% peasants.. however at higher draft you also have a better prov, and easier to hold your land due to higher defense, more offense and tpa.

normally science is the main factor of high draft you can run without compromising your BE and income too much, "homes" increase this limit allowing you to draft higher to boost your numbers oow/pre-war.

though IN WAR I would never build any additional homes though like its been said above/previous pages that you're either underpop or overpop, never maxpop in a intense war.

instead I would have my incomming % of buildings that I designated for homes to be spread out over other buildings I need to fortify the effects from, such as TG/TD/RAX etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke- View Post
    you would have the same % overpop if you had 0% pop-sci and 0% homes...

its relative
    You would lose a bunch of homes when you get hit though. More homes, in relation, than peasents. So overpop does get worse. I suppose you could compare it to getting learned. If you have 100bpa pop sci, you will get less overpopped after a learn than with 1000bpa (ofc this is pretty theoretical as the effects will be very small). Or am i overlooking something?

Post Fiend
    you will have same % homes left behind. and even if there is a increase its neglectable and not an argument that should be repeated and spammed all over the forums.

Banned
    Micke- makes a good point. Back in the day geln0r one would have lost more homes but that is no longer the case. Get with the program bro.

Post Fiend
    Micke-

that wasnt the point. and the pourcentage matters not in attacks. the bottom line is. when you get attacked, a number of homes will go.Also, if you were to attack and gain land, that % will significantly drop. now, if an orc hits you and your 1000 acres. 50% homes is 500. and for your sake lets say there isnt any sci involved. your supposed to have 25,000 pop. if all is built and ur pop is maxed. if at any point you lose buildings OR lands obviously the maximum pop will drop and THEN consequently your pop will drop aswell. now, if you have 50% homes. (to use viscounts prov)
    then you have an extra of 4000. = 29,000 in total. lets say that orc hits and he has no war sci.
    taking 150 acres.

your at 850. lets give u the benefit of the doubt and that u only lost 50% of that in homes and that everything are STILL fully built up which isnt the case at all but we will do it for this one. so id say that you have now 425. so your new pop limit in one hit is 24650 which is a -4350.

4350 is 17.5% overpopped.

100%+ Lose 7% of your peasants every hour.
    115%+ Cannot attack, and lose troops to desertions.
    120%+ Cannot use thieves.
    135%+ Income halved due to rioting. Note that this message appears at 130%, but has no effect until 135%

here is the thing. ppl mentioned about high drafts, and your goal is to keep ur army as up as it can be. higher drafts means higher desertions and you losing the control of both your military and economy. therefore you will lose lots of money from the high draft you had to pay for (training, wages, less peasants to work, draft ) to all lose in one single hit by an orc. now imagine two?
    if your homes doesnt help you against the might of an orc, even at 50% . then alternatives has to be applied to not only maximise the effectivness of your homes so nothing is wasted but also modifiers buildings needs to be built to capitalise on those homes which im still against but if you are to run it, thats the only way. higher drafts also mean (because they cant run away if overpop is under 15%) that you will not be able to maneouver and you could find urself with only 1-100 peasants.which will lead you to just die from a fireball.

Banned
    I want to say faw thing about your post Lordwarallied. One will never lose 50% of his homes in one attack. Even he or she had 100% homes the most any one can take in a single attack is around 10%. Say I'm running a province with 50% homes. I will also use farms, guilds, towers, tgs, forts, stables, and dungeons. That is 8 different buildings. A good attack can take around 10% of a persons land. If I were to get hit for 10% of my land the amount of homes I would lose would be 1.25% of my homes. The 10% land lose would be evenly divided amount all the different types of buildings I have. If I'm using 8 different types of building then the 10% land loss is divided by 8.
    1.25% of 150 acres is 18.75. So I would lose an average of 18.75 building in each of the 8 different buildings I have. Also keep in my that many troops will be lost in the battle. So really this claim that you are trying to make about how home make it easy for one to get over populated is utterly bogus.
    Last edited by vines; 29-07-2009 at 06:14.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    I want to say faw thing about your post Lordwarallied. One will never lose 50% of his homes in one attack. Even he or she had 100% homes the most any one can take in a single attack is around 10%. Say I'm running a province with 50% homes. I will also use farms, guilds, towers, tgs, forts, stables, and dungeons. That is 8 different buildings. A good attack can take around 10% of a persons land. If I were to get hit for 10% of my land the amount of homes I would lose would be 1.25% of my homes. The 10% land lose would be evenly divided amount all the different types of buildings I have. If I'm using 8 different types of building then the 10% land loss is divided by 8.
    1.25% of 150 acres is 18.75. So I would lose an average of 18.75 building in each of the 8 different buildings I have. Also keep in my that many troops will be lost in the battle. So really this claim that you are trying to make about how home make it easy for one to get over populated is utterly bogus.
    Epic Fail

Post Fiend
    lol
    Last edited by Lordwarallied; 29-07-2009 at 08:05.

Banned
    No I'm saying most any one will take is around 10-13% of the opponent's land. The land lost will be taken evenly from each of the different types of buildings the player has build. So if a player get 10% of his land taken and he has 8 different types of building built up then that 10% will be divided by 8 that comes out to 1.25% so 1.25% will be take from each group of buildings. So an average of 18.75 acres will be lost from each group of buildings. Some groups of builds will lose less then 18.75 while others will lose a little more but the average of buildings lost to each type of building built up will come out to 18.75 if the amount of acres lost was 150 acres and the provinc that lost the land had 8 different buildings built up.

Post Fiend
    yes, look at my calc correctly. u lost around 15% homes: which is aproximatly 50% of all ur losses in that 150 acres.....why? cause they are 50% of ur total build! so why repeat what im saying? homes=danger

your theory of averagin acres taken only works if u rainbow the same amount of acres all across.
    Last edited by Lordwarallied; 29-07-2009 at 08:13.

you have to make your example more vines-esque.

so, say you're running 100% homes. then if you lose 10% of your land, within that land 100% of the buildings lost will be homes.

Post Fiend
    well, I am personally in no aim to reach 50% homes, but I am neither against homes all together,

the benefits they bring is too good to neglect.

a mere 10-15% homes will increase the overall performance greatly at higher drafts, up your amount of drafted troops with lots while still being able to maintain a working province with ~~ the amount of income as before. while ur stats skyrocket.

people arguing against this may say "sure it works for a static prov blabla, and only at high draft"

but exactly what are you doing prior to wars?, you stay static and you increase ur draft, aka pump your province. Now, while IN war never build any homes because your prov will never be at exactly max-pop anyway and you will always have buildings in progress increasing ur BE (not enough jobs since not all the buildings are complete) so the only effect your homes has in war, is the potential top ppa and the small BR bonus.

instead, while in war use ur incomming acres to fortify the shrinking numbers on the rest of ur strat, rax,tg,dungeons, banks whatever...

be careful on what race/perc combo you overdraft at, if your kd is generally out for war-wins/honor or w/e and not aiming for the NW charts, I can really recommend the use of high draft and 10-15% homes even while warring, but remember what I wrote above, dont build any in war.

Thread Information