Thread: Starting new elf next age

Starting new elf next age

Note: I've never played elf before so I might be missing some key info on elves.

I think I will be elf/sage.

Build will be :

20% Guilds
    20% T Den
    15% Towers
    15% Forts
    10% Libraries
    10% Farms
    5% Banks
    5% Homes

Sage personality

60% Draft (It's weird how wizards aren't counted as part of the military, so I might even lower this draft rate).

As much as I want to be A/M, I think I'd rather have a strong night strike ability and just hit suiciders with my offense.

Enthusiast
    So you plan on running a t/m as an elf sage?
    #strategy

Proud member of the 'I joined these forums before DylanC' club

Yeah, mystic is the other choice.

But I think sage is overall better.

With mystic I might have too many wizards, and not enough military or peasants. Plus, it doesn't increase effectiveness or anything, just lets you draft wizards faster.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Your 5% homes are useless, put them into banks.

I would run a higher draft than 60% if you want to run a TM, not get massacred to death, and want enough offense to make suiciders pay. Your Science should allow you to run 65-70% if your pumped enough.

That said, I don't advocate playing a TM.

Veteran
    Mystic gives you 13% extra land (probably about 15% if you go T/M), sage gives you a tiny amount of sci and learn protection. Personally I'm more a fan of the 13-15% extra land, but it's up to you. Also I'm (like everyone else seems to be) not a big fan of the T/M idea, maybe consider a few different roles like a/t or t/econ (assuming elf keeps tog that is), or of course a/m is always sehksi.
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

I guess I could play A/M Mystic instead.

In which case the 20% TD would be converted into barracks or training grounds.

Without sage I would also get rid of the libraries.

Actually, isn't sage supposed to be something around +50% science generated?

I don't think most people go above focus or accelerated for sci and that is around 1 book per acre. Sage gives you an extra 0.5 books per acre.
    Last edited by wildred03; 31-07-2009 at 16:53.

Post Fiend
    "Build will be :

20% Guilds
    20% T Den
    15% Towers
    15% Forts
    10% Libraries
    10% Farms
    5% Banks
    5% Homes"

sounds like a T/M strat.

if ur sage. lower farms to 5% steal the rest and sci food. remove homes, remove banks, put it in arms or TG. remove libs and put it in GSs. yea.

still i think ur guild level is a lil too high. if ur mystic tho the advantage is that u can get same results without as much build%. so i wouldnt say its a bad idea. but dont emphase to much on the M aspect in A/M. u still need ppl ur size who are always growing in order to perform sick spells. altho any size will still be decent.

Postaholic
    ppl and there forts..Use it ONLY if you can be unbreakable in wars. Totaly useless otherwise.

I would run my a/m like this in wars:

Homes 10%
    Farms 7%
    Banks 13%
    Tg: 15%
    Rax 13%
    Guilds 10%
    Towers 12%
    Wt's 10% (if enemy got a/t's)
    Stabels 10%

8 epa
    1,5-2 tpa
    4-5 wpa
    7-8 dspa

Regular
    I'm planning on playing elf next age too, probably as A/m. Not sure on personality yet, either mystic or War Hero.

I mostly like War Hero because of the extra casualties seein as i'm in a waring kingdom. I like having -50% loses whislt they've got pitfalls, bribe generals and WH bonus against them :)

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    I'm planning on playing elf next age too, probably as A/m. Not sure on personality yet, either mystic or War Hero.

I mostly like War Hero because of the extra casualties seein as i'm in a waring kingdom. I like having -50% loses whislt they've got pitfalls, bribe generals and WH bonus against them :)
    elf/wh works extremely well as a whole kd strat, the economic advantage is rediculous...
    but if you arent doing a kd wide strat, i would recommed as many people go warrior as possible (assuming you can make use of attack time)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by NoseBlood View Post
    ppl and there forts..Use it ONLY if you can be unbreakable in wars. Totaly useless otherwise.
    That's not true at all. Using forts allows you to run less def specs, but keep the same def, which allows you to run more offense.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    That's not true at all. Using forts allows you to run less def specs, but keep the same def, which allows you to run more offense.
    not a good enough reason to run them...
    only if you are trying to be unbreakable should you run forts
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I didn't say I had a good reason to run them. I was just saying they aren't totally useless lol.

Couple more days until the new age.

I changed my mind, just going to play attacker next age. Either elf or orc.

Thread Information