View Poll Results: Which attack change would you like to see?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raze destroys acres in war.

198 48.41%
  • Raze destroys acres in war, stopping at 200 acres.

50 12.22%
  • Raze only destroys buildings in war.

161 39.36%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Game Changes

But it's a measure of the people who visit the boards, and that's really all they asked for.
    If they'd wanted to know what everyone was thinking, they'd have made another game-wide survey.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by geln0r View Post
    what ezzerland said.

They never found it necessary to provide their input up until this point. Now, they suddenly create a new account and pretend to know how everything works better than the people who have actually tried to provide productive info over a longer span of time.

Search my posts in the forum and youll see that most of them are actually trying to help people and not trolling in any way. Unlike that fool with his "list of 300", who hasnt contributed anything except flames and utter rubbish so far.
    I guess I just don't consider that proof of anything really. This is probably my third or so forum account, since when I've taken pauses in playing, I also stopped visiting the Utopia forums. This perhaps makes me less qualified to have an opinion than those players who did 40+ ages, but I still know the game, played several ages, and have a valid input on game mechanics. I think this should be proven by what I write now, and not by what I can prove I've done before under this account name.

I don't really understand this hard to grow business, so I started a gen acct and let it get chained down to 300 acres then once it stepped outta war, within 12h here is what i was able to do

June 22nd, YR16 gadfgadfg (##:##) captured 77 acres of land from HeLLRaiseR (##:##).
    June 22nd, YR16 gadfgadfg (##:##) captured 55 acres of land from HeLLRaiseR (##:##).
    June 22nd, YR16 gadfgadfg (##:##) captured 59 acres of land from Galvonmore (##:##).
    June 22nd, YR16 gadfgadfg (##:##) captured 94 acres of land from Howdy (##:##).

July 10th, YR16 gadfgadfg (##:##) captured 73 acres of land from Howdy (##:##).
    July 10th, YR16 gadfgadfg (##:##) captured 50 acres of land from Howdy (##:##).
    July 10th, YR16 gadfgadfg (##:##) captured 116 acres of land from Land of dread (##:##).
    July 10th, YR16 gadfgadfg (##:##) captured 73 acres of land from Land of dread (##:##).

so i'm at 900 acres again and it took like 5 minutes to find the targets. Over the next 2 days I'd easy reach 1200, and ready to go again. Note that this was on gen, so its even easier to do it on wol with more farms.

Whats the big deal? If you argue about losing all your wizards, it doesn't really matter since you lose wizards if you get chained either way. If you argue about science, that also doesnt matter because science is a sqrt so early investments result in high returns.

Learn to play the game and stop whining.
    The End of an Era

Ezzerland
    PS - I never actually said a users post count has anything to do with their knowledge of the game. I was just listing the obvious reasons as to why people jump to that conclusion, or why they mock players because of the date they joined/post count.

Regular
    New players haven't had time to learn and they don't whine, they just leave.

Veteran
    Realist... your playing in Gen. Enough said.

its even easier on WoL like i said. More targets, better kdmates.
    The End of an Era

Enthusiast
    You can aid a prov up in no time. We have people moved in, aided them a bit of cash+solds and they jumped OOP at about 1k acres with decent defence.
    (Re-)Building a prov back up in WoL is pretty doable.
    If you get down to 200 acres, your back in within day's you got massive offence, no-one even gains an acre retalling. So if your in a KD who are willing to hunt plunder and acre targets for you, you can bounce back.

Post Fiend
    ABS are going to jump war and have alliance raze each kingdom down one by one... Going to be a fun age this coming age!? ...........

- Stupid people belong at the bottom charts -

how about only implement raze ( destroys land w/ no limit) only after say a certain peroid w/in the war (ex. after day 4 or 5 or a wk, etc)... cuz razing down a prov to say 300a from start really makes a player pissed off and proly quit (yeah i know even superleetgodlike player still feel that way somehow)... or atleast put time penalty on razing, say +2hrs or w/e...

If you're going to have raze destroying only buildings, it needs an incredible boost to actually be useful.

Otherwise just remove the attack, almost no good KD will ever use a building-destroying raze. I can only think of a couple of situations where it'd ever be an option, none of which I had in any of my 6 wars this age (In which I was chained under 500A in three of them, almost all by razes under 800A).

Its impossible to chain effectively without raze. You'll be stuck against untouchable 500A UDs instead of untouchable 200A UDs. That's a huge difference in available offense.

War is actually still a bit fun, please don't ruin it.

Post Fiend
    think raze should only do buildings or else we will get the crappy raze and reset sillyness again which is a waste of game time to restart for people who get razed away and it will most certain drive more people away from the game than if only buildings is destroyed.

Anyone thought of this?!?

Quote Originally Posted by funnylumpy View Post
    think raze should only do buildings or else we will get the crappy raze and reset sillyness again which is a waste of game time to restart for people who get razed away and it will most certain drive more people away from the game than if only buildings is destroyed.
    Instead of worrying about raze this and raze that let Omac do their things and who cares, the problem with many kd's not willing to war perhapse offer an option at war's start to offer terms to the opposing KD. . . as in No Razing under 500 acres, or no this or no that, I wont claim to be PRO Utopian dude or anything, but if problems with people entering into war are a problem then why not allow gentleman's wars. . . where terms are set and potentially a war win could be forced? Such as terms agreed upon that highest honor gains = war winner, first to grab 2000 acres = war winner most gains total after 48 hours = war win, etc. etc. etc. . . now I know these random things are not precise or calculated enough for you dudes, but I think that you guys can all figure it out and find a way to make perhapse 3 options for war wins possible and 3 rules of engagement also. Perhapse Option #1 = Freefor all, everything goes someone's gotto say uncle to bow out. Option #2 = Freefor all BUT after set length of time victor decided by = Honor/Land/NW gain . . . . Option #3 = Kidgloves - No Razing after said amounts of acres, perhapse no razing of anykind, perhapse anything you name it, but make war's potential to engage in several types of game controlled way.

Thus decreasing the lack of wars and also giving opportunity for different tytpes of KD's to war. . . . Not sure since this is my first post and first time reading forums if this has been discussed before . . . but would love feedback, I'm a rare happening, OLD OLD OLD player coming back, god I was around a long time ago when Undead were still in and now their back, and I wasn't anywhere near the end of Undead before I packed it up last. . . .as I said, not PRO but perhapse a fresh look on an old game is needed

Enthusiast
    That is actualy a realy good idea :D Make it so KD's can agree on a set of rules.
    Perhaps make it so a KD can offer certain rules, the other to agree or to counteroffer.
    Think its gonna be a problem to get into the code though. What options does one want?
    Raze: Yes/No/"not lower then"
    Dragon: Yes/No/Only X amount
    Win-generator: Yes/No> IF yes:
    Win is generated after: 48h/xxh/achieving next goals:
    Goals: Acres gained:xxxx more then the enemy
    Honor: xxx gained

Like that one mark.

Post Demon
    I find razing acres kinda makes us brain dead.

I pick the chain targets, I show them to my KD mates, I tell them to chain them in order, going for TM until the target is a certain ratio of their networth and then raze... and they do it.

There used to be a time (ie, the age before this one) where I would have to actually ask my players to use their good judgment when attacking with an interesting mix of max-gain/chain style routines.

Furthermore, the UDs keep loosing all their leets and if the bloody thing would kill players, the sages would lose all their science too, not to mention having to regrow back from scratch (or right now, from ridiculously small sizes).

If you want to keep brain dead tactics in the game, then fine. But at least add some ways so that provinces can quickly recup. That means getting most or all of their science back if they collapse and UDs getting elite credits if they get chained and lose tons of elites and having some way to quickly send land and ressources to 200 acres provs (after the war that is).

I war so that my KD can pit its skill against someone in war and come up on top... that's it! I don't war to ruin someone's age and I don't care if they instantly recup from the damange we did to them after the war. Once the war is over, I forget them anyways. I don't go looking at their KD page for days and say "Look at that guy! This is the guy we messed up last war!".

I don't war to get honor, land or nw either... just to have fun with the carnage while it lasts and hopefully win... and once the war is over, recup as quickly as possible so that we can soon plunge into another war.

Anyways, this is how I 'feel' about the issue so sue me.
    Last edited by Magn; 04-08-2009 at 08:45.

Thread Information