View Poll Results: Which attack change would you like to see?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raze destroys acres in war.

198 48.41%
  • Raze destroys acres in war, stopping at 200 acres.

50 12.22%
  • Raze only destroys buildings in war.

161 39.36%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Game Changes

happy trails!

Post Fiend
    I was trying to say something without flaming(not my style)well put Primevil.;)

Post Fiend
    Shephard is immune to Plague this age.Is it completely immune to plague or just food effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Koodo View Post
    Shephard is immune to Plague this age.Is it completely immune to plague or just food effects?
    No Population Growth
    15% Lower Tax Collection (Merchants excepted)
    15% Lower Defensive Military Effectiveness

so immune to plague means you are immune to all effects written above

Raze should destroy acres and in plunders relative NW shouldn't be so important.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    I'd like to see raze capped at 200 acres, but have it destroy buildings after the 200 acre threshold.

Otherwise new players are going to quit when they get reset a couple times because they lack a kingdom who can back them up.

The diehards like me are going to play no matter what but the game should still be relatively friendly so that someone doesn't lose all their science and wizards half way through the age and just flat out give up.
    Sometime some nerdy monarch just keep reviving regardless the status of his kingdom mate.

Anyway I think Raze should burn down buildings?

Defination from internet:
    1 a archaic : erase b : to scrape, cut, or shave off
    2 : to destroy to the ground : demolish <raze an old building>

How come the new age discussion only start at the end of age? Aint OMAC preserved Mehul's: "Discuss before the end of age?"

So is this a 1 week discussion?

Post Fiend
    heres how i think raze should work if its not going to be like the old way

raze destroys building only and does 15% more damage the TM meaning TM would capture 200 acers then a raze would destrow 230 building

and ontop of it you gain 15% of the land destrowed so a normal TM for 200 acers would look like

Your army managed to burn 230 acers and somehow managed the return with an aditional 34 acers of land

Raze isnt the question. This thread is mega old. Go play with your avians.
    - = Paintrain = -

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    The raze stopping at 200 was good, then having to actually trad march after that. Helped control RKing which was insane this age. It was far too easy to RK.

Post Fiend
    I agree with Scottish about the RK this age. A province could potentially go from 1500 acres to dead with half a kingdom wave.

The 200 acre limit was nice because yes it did take longer, and during a war last age when there was the 200 acre limit I still managed to get taken down below 100 acres while still being able to go to battle and fight from dying completely.

That can also at least can help prevent a person from going from fine to dead between logins without even realizing it until after the province is dead.

Plus nothing sucks worse than having 1,000,000+ science books and then dying :p

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchy0 View Post
    why don't you solve the raze problem by limiting it at a percent of kd'ms average land?

20/25% would be my suggestion
    I was thinking along similar lines, except that Raze only kills buildings UNTIL a certain % of the prov's original size (when war began) or a certain % of the KD's average land size (when war began). [I'm thinking 10-15%]

After it goes below this threshold Raze will destroy acres. This makes it less viable to use Raze early on in war, but is still viable to finish a chain with, if a losing KD wants to be very stubborn.

So pretty much my idea is the opposite of #2 (Raze begins to destroy acres, instead of stops destroying acres, at a certain limit), with adjusting thresholds to Prov sizes, since Prov sizes will be different (i.e. if the limit was BoA, then a static limit of 200 acres would be reached just too fast, same with if it was a war between large KDs, the static limit of 200 acres would be reached too slow, so a % of acres at beginning of war would be best threshold trigger to have Raze = destroying acres)

Example: So when war was declared a province was 2000 acres, and say the threshold was 15% (just throwing a number out there can change to be higher or lower) then Raze destroying acres would only kick in when the province is dropped down to 300 acres [2000*15%]. Or say when war was declared the KD's average land size was 2000 acres and threshold is 15% then the threshold for Raze destroying acres for all prov's in that KD would be 300 acres, this makes it slightly disadvantages for KDs that run MASSIVE cows, since the cows will inflate their KD's average land size and thus allow access to Raze Kills at a higher Land Threshold. Before this threshold is met, Raze only destroys buildings.

Either this idea, or exploration credits for half the land you lost to Raze, which are given when post-war protection begins and disappears at end of post-war protection seem to be good (50% effective if land pool is already empty, thus empty land pool = 25% of land lost to raze in war).

But the need to be able to have decent access to PK is needed in order to end wars decisively, so Razing buildings only would only make some wars much more painful to go through (i.e. stubborn leaders) and while yes you do have the option to withdraw, why should you withdraw when your obviously winning, the enemy monarch knows this, but refuses to surrender.

This is a attacking game, so obviously the element of PKing should exist, this suggestion just delays the access to Raze killing, making it more preferable to TM chain a person down then move on, and only going back to Raze if there is a diplomatic breakdown.
    Last edited by Coke; 16-10-2009 at 07:18. Reason: clarification

dont know if this has been suggested, but raze should have two rules in war..

1) raze destroys acres, attack time is nw based, and the min amount is 10 acres.
    2) all acres destroyed, gives the attacked province free building credits.

why was this old thread brought back to life? RIP

RIP indeed.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

sorry, this thread is indeed ancient. If you'd like me to post any of your posts to a more alive and relevant topic, just pm me, or any of the community team. thanks.

Thread Information