View Poll Results: Which attack change would you like to see?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raze destroys acres in war.

198 48.41%
  • Raze destroys acres in war, stopping at 200 acres.

50 12.22%
  • Raze only destroys buildings in war.

161 39.36%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Changes

I think the real solution to this problem is to fix topfeeding gains in war so that gains are not ridiculous and to bring back raze to destroying buildings only

Forum Fanatic
    My war-oriented kd likes destroying your acres.

Make the razes back to the way that they were originally. This whole razes destroy acres removes my incentive to be an attacker. If I don't gain anything out of a war then why be an attacker? I could just be a T/M and whore for honor all age.

Ezzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolgil View Post
    If you want the top to nap everybody and just go bottomfeeding all age, here is the way to do it.

Raze in wars destroys the reason to war, to try and gain something. You don't even get honor for razes.

If you want people to war, get rid of raze destroying land.
    This is not true.

In the past, Raze was used as a method to prevent the enemy from gaining your land so that you can in turn better gain theirs.

The word phrase of choice is:
    Destruction leads to a very rough road but it also breads creation.

A more proper solution would be to have half the amount of acres razed from a province automatically return to the province at the wars end, be it in full force acres or explore credits. I'd prefer the full force acres ofc. For a few reasons. One, even if you come out fat after 48h of having a chance to recover, and get hit a couple times. You still come out bigger and in better shape than you would have otherwise, with a better chance of recovery etc.

This decision, btw, is rather superfluous. After this age (unless they mess up again terribly) it will go back to option 3.

Post Fiend
    raze buildings only for the first 48 hours, then raze acres after the 48 hour war mark.

Forum Fanatic
    Raze makes wars end more decisively, more rapidly, and probably with more net acres gained for the winning kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Make the razes back to the way that they were originally. This whole razes destroy acres removes my incentive to be an attacker. If I don't gain anything out of a war then why be an attacker? I could just be a T/M and whore for honor all age.
    That is weak argument as no one forces you to use Raze. You can always use trad march.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    A more proper solution would be to have half the amount of acres razed from a province automatically return to the province at the wars end, be it in full force acres or explore credits. I'd prefer the full force acres ofc. For a few reasons. One, even if you come out fat after 48h of having a chance to recover, and get hit a couple times. You still come out bigger and in better shape than you would have otherwise, with a better chance of recovery etc.
    I actually like this idea. I am more for explore credits tho.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Forum Fanatic
    morbid:

The credits would have to decay.

Post Fiend
    no explore credits, people can just horde up credits and use them when they are big.

Razes/wars are suppose to be destructive, i don't see the logic of having acres returned to you after you get battered.

the most fun i have in the game is when im razed to 200 acres and i get to plunderrape all the inactive smallies OOW while having absurd science figures

dont take that away from me :( its already more work than play

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    morbid:

The credits would have to decay.
    Or just vanish after war protection is over
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

1. Make razes destroy buildings the first 48 hours of war.
    2. At and after the 48 hours of war mark, make razes destroy acres, without a cap.

Give more options to the table

Regular
    Give raze a networth based attack time, and then I wouldn't care which one we end up with.

You don't understand.
    In order for Catwalk's fatties to be useful in war, it was necessary that raze was made to destroy acres again, and that attacks no longer take differing networths into consideration.

That was a fun 'experiment,' indeed.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information