Thread: Dwarf Sage Strategie

Post Fiend

Dwarf Sage Strategie

I havnt played for several years (just some gameplay the last 2 weeks) I have read some in these forum and I came up with this.

Please comment on anything you think can be improved.

Thanks in advance

Dwarf/Sage (A/m)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwarves
    * Building Efficiency : +30%
    * Free Building Construction
    * Immunity to Fog
    * Thievery Effectiveness : -20%
    * Can't use Accelerated Construction
    * Specific Spellbook – Fog, Animate Dead
    * Elite Unit – Berserker (7/4, $900, 6.75 nw)

The Sage
    * Every 2 Acres of land produces 1 Science Book per Hour
    * 75% Protection from Learn Attacks (was 50%)

Comments:

*Good BE with high draftrate or getting more from buildings at lower draftrate. Make it possible to pump the province before a war.
    *Free construction: Saves money and make it easier to switch builds.
    *No accelerated construction can make you less flexible in a war if you need some building fast, for example when a rogue has used greater arson on you.
    *-20% Thievery effectiveness: No point to have more than 1.5-2 raw tpa. The lower modded tpa makes you a target for enemy thieves. If you are going to war against a decent kingdom get 15% WT (20% sometimes).
    *Fog: "Increases enemy attack times by 3 days." Good spell especially in a war. Since you don't want to lose it to a "mystic vortex" you should have at least 15% guild OOW. Try to get as many books in channeling as you can.
    *Good but expensive elite: Hospitals are needed to offset combat losses. About 15% should be enough.
    *Sage: Science is always nice and the 75% protection from learn attacks is really nice (especially good in a long age when the BPA rise high)

Starting with:

Acres: 400
    Money: 300,000gc
    Peasants: 6,000
    Food: 30,000 Bushels
    Runes: 0
    Soldiers: 500
    Wizards: 10

72 Hours left in protection

*Set drafrate to 30% (Enough until OOP, Peasants=Money)
    *Set science to sustained
    *Build:
    10 Farms (So you don't need to build them when the land from exploring comes in)
    50 Guilds (Its the %-guilds that's important when casting selfspells. Don't want to fail casting "Love and Peace".)
    30 Towers
    100 Banks
    90 Armouries (need to build them now so we can get to 24% at 24 hours left in protection, later if you use "Inspire army")
    * Leave the Homes for the increase in birth rate.

50 Hours left in protection

*Explore 400 acres
    *8800 books in alchemy

44 Hours left in protection

*Cast "Love and Peace" (sooner if you can)
    *Cast "Builders' Boon"
    *Build about 105 armouries
    *Books into alchemy

Until 24 Hours left in protection

*Cast spells as needed
    *Alchemy 15000 Books, Food 7500 and the rest in crime.
    *Build as the land comes in:
    35 Guilds
    10 Towers
    80 Banks
    10 Farms
    89 more Guilds (to get the wpa up)
    76 Forts

24 Hours left in protection

*Raze 40 Homes and build 40 Forts

*Train about 3k axemen

Until 0 Hours left in protection

*Put books in crime
    *Train axemen until you have 4k (trained + in training).
    *Train as many thieves as you can

Out of protection

*Build OOP 815 acres
    Barren lands 0.6% (5)
    Farms 7.4% (60)
    Banks 27.2% (220)
    Armouries 24.1% (195)
    Forts 14.3% (116)
    Guilds 21.5% (174)
    Towers 4.9% (40)

*Set wages to 150%
    *Slowly raise the draftrate to 55-65%. Train thieves until you have 2 raw tpa, then start training elites. When the elites are trained get some more def spec if you want them.
    *Steal gold
    *Start putting books in population and tools and more in alchemy.

When the pumping is done

*Build OOW
    Farms 5%
    Banks 11.5%
    Training grounds 23%
    Armouries 17%
    Forts 6%
    Hospitals 15%
    Guilds 17%
    Tower 4%
    Dungeons 1.5%

No stables because the relative bonus you get is lower for a 7 off elite (against for example a 5 off spec). If you don't have any horses they cant be stolen at the start of a war and you can always steal horses before a war if you need some. (They don't disappear if they are away with your army)

*War Build
    Set wages to 200%
    Farms 5%
    Training grounds 22%
    Barracks 8.5%
    Forts 6%
    Guard stations 13%
    Hospitals 16.5%
    Guilds 9%
    Tower 4.5% (stockpile runes before the war and steal under the war if you need more)
    Watchtowers 14% (the better the kingdom you are fighting the more you will need)
    Dungeons 1.5%

If the war drags out build some banks.

Since you should have enough elites for the war you don't need armouries or banks. The 13% GS will let you attack with some less defense (they can always attack put they wont gain as much as they normally do). Basically attack 2 times a day until the war is over and train more def specs as the land comes in.

Question: Is it better to keep the forts in and outside war or should they be used to boost the % of other buildings? For example GS and WT in war.

Post Fiend
    If you don't expect to get hit much under the war, perhaps its better to convert the GS to a few more WT and split the rest between forts and barracks.

In the end I guess a war build is fluid, few attacks --> lower %GS, few thief ops --> lower %WT or the other way around.

Its not possible to be strong at everything so adapting is perhaps the best strategie in a war.

Postaholic
    Farms and towers look low for a/m, sense you prolly cant steal much whit dwarf.
    Dont use GS unless your kinda big, -20% losses in land arent that much on smaller acers.
    6% forts is useless.

8% farms
    18% TG
    15% Rax
    15% Hosp
    12% Guild
    8-15% Towers (depends on ur wpa)
    17% wt's

Put the rest into w/e.

Post Fiend
    Yeah your are right that I need more barracks, but I dont need 8% farms and 12% guilds. 6.5% farms with decent science is enough (Can probably go down to 5% with good enough science) and 10% guilds is enough for selfspells. The dungeons against the extra training ground: I'm not sure whats best but with alot of elites it cant be much diffrence in offensive power.

*War build
    6.5% Farms
    20.5% Training grounds
    17% Barracks
    18% Hospitals
    10% Guilds
    11% Towers
    17% Watchtowers
    ¨
    With some land going back and forth the % will be slightly lower but there is room for some loss.

Regular
    Are Watchtowers that necessary? I've never really found the need to run them with 2 mod tpa

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish238 View Post
    Are Watchtowers that necessary? I've never really found the need to run them with 2 mod tpa
    heh, if i found a dwarf with 2 mod tpa, i would let him gain some land then NS him into next week =)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

last time I played dwarf sage I got my farms down to 2% .......

You will never stop theives what your aiming at stopping is well everyone who wants to farm the easy dwarf target.

Get mod 2tpa that stops the randoms ........ you'll never stop a real theif
    IMPERIALS KLA

Regular
    Interesting. It wasn't good enough in war...but I was rarely randomly opped OOW.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish238 View Post
    Interesting. It wasn't good enough in war...but I was rarely randomly opped OOW.
    the thing i found last age with dwarves, they rarely had much GC lying around... but seemed to have a reasonable stockpile of runes, and plenty of food
    (they always seemed to produce enough to get done, what they needed to do, but never really produced excess gc)

elves/humies seemed to be ones to get the GC off (and silly DE " T/M's " when they were in range)

that's just my findings, other people might think/say differently
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Post Fiend
    For a Dorf, WT are imo a must in wartime. Not only will you have less losses when you get NS-ed, you will as well make them fail some OP and you might discourage them.

How much you need depends of several factors:
    1. The oponent line-up. If they have several strong thieves, you will defenitly need more. Especially when there are Rogues with a lot of stealth around. Most races have difficult adapting their expenbsive warbuild to the enemy line-up, as a Dwarf you can easily raze some other builds to adapt your % WT :D
    2. Your own TPA of course;
    3. Your crime Sci.

Depending of the oponent, I run 12-18% WT on a 1.5 RAW TPA.
    This is a game, not a job...

Thread Information