Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OMAC Appreciation Day

Post Fiend

OMAC Appreciation Day

Virtually every single post I see here is flaming OMAC for doing such a terrible job or dropping the ball, etc, etc.

Does nobody stop to consider how OMAC might be feeling about all this flaming? How much stress OMAC must be under to have to deal with the constant complaining, bickering, whining, etc? Do they ever talk back to all the whiners? Nope, they turn the other cheek.

I think we all should give OMAC some credit. They do their best, and I guess for some of you spoiled brats that just isnt always good enough. Have none of you ever had a computer go down? A computer program that had a glitch? Some appliance in your place break? Heck, even a flat tire?!

Nothing is ever guaranteed to work 100% all the time. If it were, it wouldnt have been designed or constructed by humans. Its called human error.

Thus, I think we should announce an annual OMAC Appreciation Day for all the hard work they put in to keep these games going for all you ungrateful cry babies!

lol suck up :P
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    Nothing is ever guaranteed to work 100% all the time
    How about say 50% of the time? Or maybe even 25% of the time? OMAC has about a 10% success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    I think we all should give OMAC some credit. They do their best, and I guess for some of you spoiled brats that just isnt always good enough.
    They get paid to do their job, and they suck at their jobs. I wish I got paid to do my best but still **** up every little thing.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    They get paid to do their job, and they suck at their jobs. I wish I got paid to do my best but still **** up every little thing.
    You know, I have some co-workers that fall into that category....

Ezzerland
    They get paid to do their job, and they suck at their jobs. I wish I got paid to sleep in, sit around doing nothing, claim to be 'working on it' and still **** up every little thing.
    fixed

Edit-

creds to fagash. She can be appreciated today :)

i never said anything bad about OMAC i know it must have been alot of hard work i know its not easy plus there are alot of flamers here and i can only hope OMAC ignore those ppl

those problems were always in utopia even from mehul's days ... ppl only forgot or just like to flame omac ... dont forget ppl its still mehul's code omac just try to do the best with it

if OMAC is smart and i know they are they will simply ignore all the trolling/flaming as me others ignore them
    Last edited by Bijo; 04-08-2009 at 18:19.

Ezzerland
    Problems like these were not even close to in existence as you seem to think.

We're well aware there were occassional problems, but not nearly like there are now, nubcake.

One of the biggest margins of error for age transition is omacs new login system. It's causing quite a large amount of problems regarding age reset etc that did not previously exist. As simple of a technique as you might think it would be for them to fix this, they seem to have no idea how.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    Problems like these were not even close to in existence as you seem to think.

We're well aware there were occassional problems, but not nearly like there are now, nubcake.

One of the biggest margins of error for age transition is omacs new login system. It's causing quite a large amount of problems regarding age reset etc that did not previously exist. As simple of a technique as you might think it would be for them to fix this, they seem to have no idea how.
    and you think flaming them will help?!

i think if we all will try only to help and be abit patient it will be ok
    alot of ppl tried flaming its not helping right? so why continue? ppl need to stop flaming them....

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Right, let's all just make-believe that they're doing a perfect job and then all of the sudden, they'll actually start to do a goob job.

Grow up Bijo, this is the real world. You screw up, you're going to hear about it.

And for the record, Mehul never lost provs.

Right, let's all just make-believe that they're doing a perfect job and then all of the sudden, they'll actually start to do a goob job.

Grow up Bijo, this is the real world. You screw up, you're going to hear about it.

And for the record, Mehul never lost provs.
    do whatever you want if you realy think flaming will do anything good then you are way off. and as for me well i will do what i believe will help the game and i will just be supportive

Ezzerland
    You give praise where it is due, and it is not due to roisin.

Feel free to give plenty to fagash though. She's doing a great job on her end.

Post Fiend
    I agree that flaming those guys won't solve the problem...

That being said, one can difficultly say that they are doing a great job.

They announced some changes (f.e. loss of food penalty for gnome). Now they post a thread with "final changes" about DE leet NW, raze and paradise.
    Does this mean the other announced changes won't be in effect? I don't know, do you?

Another example: out of that same "final changes" thread Quote Raze destroys all acres in war Unquote.
    All acres? Hmmm. Let me guess, it won't raze ALL acres, won't it (at least I hope so).?
    Would be something like introducing nuclear weapons in Utopia.

Then, we have to reset our province, and hope they get the informatoion to solve the problem. Then, we might be able to start smootly by ... friday... Come on, we are tuesday now.

Won't flame them, but forgive me I don't applaud...
    This is a game, not a job...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijo View Post
    do whatever you want if you realy think flaming will do anything good then you are way off. and as for me well i will do what i believe will help the game and i will just be supportive
    You expect me to give them a pat on the back for screwing up with...the 4th age start(?) in a row?

Yea, that'll really turn things around.

"Hey, we ****ed up hard, but everyone seems to be ok with it" *shrugs*

Normal people would complain when something isn't right, but what I see in here is more then complaining.

children (-16) can stop reading now. They should be forgiven for their stupidities.

grow up, act like an adult, say what is wrong, and that you don't like it, but there are here a lot of people who should learn manners. Lots of people would get smashed in their face if they behaved in reallife like you do here. I think most of those people don't have reallifefriends at all.

If your boss acts like some people in here, you quit the job. I had a boss like that once, and most people couldn't cope with the fact that he couldn't say you did something wrong, but that he yelled you did something wrong. Same goes for this I think, the more you piss omac off, the less motivated they will get to actually listen to you and solve your problems.
    People deserve respect, even people who are making lots of mistakes. If you think you would do better: solicitate at omac companies and find out yourself. As long as you don't have any idea what the real effort is they put into this game, you shouldn't talk big.

Post Fiend
    @ pint,

I am not a kid (am far beyond 16). And while I am the virtual monarch of a virtual kd, I am a boss of +20 people in RL as well.

Did you read my above post? I didn't disrespect them. Just said they could do a better job...

To use your words... If my people in RL act like this, they quit the job. Garanteed!
    This is a game, not a job...

Thread Information