Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Fake Attack' stop Ambush?

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeko View Post
    I thought that loophole was that you could in fact ambush an army numerous times (failing the first 3 barely, succeeding on the last), killing off their offense very quickly. It happened to go along with the extra general because afterward you could make your normal attack. Kingdoms running defensive elites had a ball...
    i know i had a ball as an avian (yup, this is waaaaaaaaaaay back then) ambushing other avians...

you would "fail" the ambush 3 times then succeed on the 4th, could kill ~25% of their army this way (if they had TW on... you were in for awesome fun!!!!)
    could then easily hit them before their army got home, often times leaving yourself unbreakable cause you knocked out so much of their offense =)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Regular
    So you could do one real hit followed by 3 'fakes' and they could then only ambush you OR trad march you, rather than doing both as is usual?

1 real then 4 fakes......
    amb bounce chain.....
    amb bounce x 3 + smack.....
    the crazy guys that could hit you 2x your uniques while your armies out....

pretty much, back in the day when mehul ran the show there were so many strats, loopholes, grinding gimmicks, and general purpose maliciously spiteful ways to destroy a prov that there were whole KD's that would go an age CF'ing every wave cause some people couldn't handle it.

What was really awesome was that the combat system then was way more simplistic to what it is now. Though, technically now there's more flexibility, then you warred and people didn't just hold out a surrender. After about 48 hours you won or you were on life support.
    When the nay-sayers pipe up with talk of exploitation through strategy and planning I'm reminded of a Jack Nickolson quote, "I think of a man, then I remove logic and reason from him"

I like this thread.....

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskony View Post
    That mehul was a smart guy.
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by nhk View Post
    rofl
    I don't understand why you seem to think otherwise. He made a bunch of money on a text-based game that has lasted more than 10 years. Even in this weakened stage of the game, there are thousands of players. There are still people who (foolishly) revolve their life around the timing of this game.

You currently are posting in a forum directly related to his created game. He really wasn't interested in the game for the past few years he managed it; hence the reason he never updated the code or was present in his own forums.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeko View Post
    I don't understand why you seem to think otherwise. He made a bunch of money on a text-based game that has lasted more than 10 years. Even in this weakened stage of the game, there are thousands of players. There are still people who (foolishly) revolve their life around the timing of this game.

You currently are posting in a forum directly related to his created game. He really wasn't interested in the game for the past few years he managed it; hence the reason he never updated the code or was present in his own forums.
    rofl when did i say i think otherwise? i just like laughing.

that is all.

rofl
    When the nay-sayers pipe up with talk of exploitation through strategy and planning I'm reminded of a Jack Nickolson quote, "I think of a man, then I remove logic and reason from him"

Post Fiend
    rofl

Thread Information