Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utopia Blog - August 5th, 2009

Utopia Blog - August 5th, 2009

This weeks blog comments here please :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Blog
    Bottom line is that the new code should be ready with time to spare.
    This is good.

good luck :)

Regular
    It's tough to do this job when the majority of the voices on these forums are negative. I look at my kingdom and I know the majority of them don't post in the forums, but they are all positive and love this game age after age.

Just wanted to say thanks, and good work.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Blog
    Ezzerland: Can you guarantee us that this age will last the exact allotted time you have give us and that if it cannot you will be prepared (or Roisin will) to end the age on time and restart another?
    No, we’re not willing to give you that guarantee.
    Buckle up for a normal/long age!
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

"It's tough to do this job when the majority of the voices on these forums are negative. I look at my kingdom and I know the majority of them don't post in the forums, but they are all positive and love this game age after age."

Yes, because if we were all willing to sit like good sheep, like yourself, things would surely make themselves better automatically.
    You either don't play the game, or you're a liar. No one I know of like what OMAC's done, or has much patience left for them.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Ezzerland
    Well, thanks for clarifying and dealing with the censor issue. Let me clarify (for your own mind) about a general summation of censorship from our end.

We are against censorship [here] in the jolt forums. But not in our own personal kingdom forums. The primary reason is that censorship [here] prevents us from pouring our heart and offering thoughts and feedback (constructive or not) in regards to how we feel about the game in general, etc. This directly affects your view of how the community is reacting to certain things you say or etc. In our kingdom, however, the matter is much more private. and if the people being censored do not like it, they have the power to change it. Here, if we do not like you, we are still stuck with you. Understand?

Thank you for clarifying that you will not be guaranteeing that Roisin can operate the old code if something happens to S&B. I'll be planning for a long age because despite your assurances, I don't really have it in me to believe you right now.

and btw, I believe you meant the new code will replace the old code. Not the old code will replace the new code. Unless that was a subtle hint :p

well we got the old thread system back without needing any change of moral values so no big whooop
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

lovely, the link is down...
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    "It's tough to do this job when the majority of the voices on these forums are negative. I look at my kingdom and I know the majority of them don't post in the forums, but they are all positive and love this game age after age."

Yes, because if we were all willing to sit like good sheep, like yourself, things would surely make themselves better automatically.
    You either don't play the game, or you're a liar. No one I know of like what OMAC's done, or has much patience left for them.
    Excuse me? I do play this game, and I just told you that there are some of us content with what is taking placing regarding Utopia. Where the hell do you get off coming into this forum blasting me and calling me a liar? You want to flame omac, feel free, but flame me and I'll shove that twelve year old teenage wannabe mentality right back down your throat. Just because YOU are not waited on like a Arabian Princess doesn't give you the right to hold your snotty little nose in the air and treat the rest of us like a bunch of second rate citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    lovely, the link is down...
    Strange, have Adam looking at this now. He should have it back up very soon.

EDIT: Blog is back folks, sorry about that.

Forum Addict
    Sean and Bean, to discuss censorship and anti censorship:

the forums in game are often used for political maneouevring. People can all communicate outside the forum via private message or out of game means if desired. they are moderated by the monarch, who is voted for by the rest of the team. they can vote out the monarch if they do not like the way things are going.

the jolt forums are different. the users have no power or control and they are not a hustings for political manoevring.

please do not confuse the two.

I'm not convinced about the length of the age as you two won't commit to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie View Post
    I'm not convinced about the length of the age as you two won't commit to it.
    Not a dev guy, are you? :P

Ezzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor444 View Post
    girl.

And even if she's not, I am. And I concur with her opinion.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor444 View Post
    No, I'm a manager of 120 people, and previously in my life I have managed 30 tech guys.

Let me tell you something - tech guys all think they are 'special people', but tha fact is that they are actually ordinary people who just need 'special managing'....

Thread Information