Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utopia Blog - August 5th, 2009

Thanks Fagashill, I was finally able to access it.

From the blog:
    The censor button has been replaced with a delete button. When something is deleted it is gone for good, and the post is removed entirely from the thread.

In other forum-related news, threads are now sortable by subject, last post time, reply count and post count (default is by last post time). We also hope to have a feature to edit or delete one’s own posts available shortly as well. Combined with rich text formatting, these are significant feature improvements over the current forum, and we hope that people will enjoy them.

Thank you, and thank you...

My next question is if it's only supposed to be a 6 week age (which would put it at September 16th or thereabouts), why does the front page show October?

And when are you planning on releasing the beta onto genesis?
    ~ Lúthien ~
    “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ~Albert Schweitzer
    Words make us think thoughts... Music makes us feel feelings... Songs make us feel thoughts" ~"Yip" Harburg
    Goodnight Utopia

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie View Post
    No, I'm a manager of 120 people, and previously in my life I have managed 30 tech guys.

Let me tell you something - tech guys all think they are 'special people', but tha fact is that they are actually ordinary people who just need 'special managing'....
    i like that =)
    and, being in technology myself, i would have to agree with you...
    the big issue i've noticed, tech guys are normally more than happy to get side-tracked with hobby/interest based side projects
    (ie, installing windows 3.1 on a windows virtual PC environment in windows 7, when you are supposed to be getting a XP image ready for that hardware)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Software developer is not the same has technician or tech guy.
    People really should understand that. And people should really understand that software development is NOT like building a cottage. Most software developers don't know much about hardware at all or installing and configuring servers.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
    Software developer is not the same has technician or tech guy.
    People really should understand that. And people should really understand that software development is NOT like building a cottage. Most software developers don't know much about hardware at all or installing and configuring servers.
    QED. Thank you for demonstrating the point by entirely missing the point :)

Software developers = tech guys. They are the same. Not special, just need managing.

The alpha version are so "big" and there's a lot of button which i think is redundant. Try make the font size smaller and decrease the spacing between each line.

Postaholic
    raion - they are currently focusing on functionality. I doubt they'll keep the new version looking like that.

Software developers = tech guys. They are the same. Not special, just need managing.
    I know the point but the point was stupid. Techguys=managers. They are the same. Not special just need managing.

question for the Two Amigos developing this thing, are you going to take more of a hand in age restart when putting on the new code?

I figure that after pulling the game logic apart, you may know more about its innards than maybe even Mehul. (It does look like he was losing control of the code there at the end.)

Would be nice to have a clean restart happen for a change. Haven't had one for over a year.

Next question. You have stated that you have found some weird things in the formulas and that things seem to have gone askew over time. As those things are more about game play than bugs, could you describe those things without giving away the formulas involved. There may be obscure reason for such things. An open discussion would help to ferret out if any such reasons do in fact exist.
    Last edited by Mourhelm; 11-08-2009 at 03:53. Reason: Double posts were merged.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Ezzerland
    Would you consider using a monotype script (font) to make the depth of ascii themes more feasible for the general entertainment of kingdoms utopia wide?

It's fairly easy as it is for top kds to run ascii themes, but with a monotype script it would be easy for basically any kingdom to increase their general appeal, and would give more flexibility in design for the top kds that design crazy themes :)

Have you considered or know of the way original undeads where created IE province had to be killed ingame and then reset as a undead if you chose too ?

Is it an option you can consider undead as a personality, so you have the basic race (say Ork) with undead personality (troops dont die, cant train elites)

have you ever considered bringing back Faery's and Avians ?
    IMPERIALS KLA

utopiagod

For someone who "manages 120 people", you sure don't understand people - or jobs.

A software developer is much different than a "tech guy". But that's typical of a pencil pusher - no real idea of the job or what it entails. Thank you for proving THAT point.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by utopiagod View Post
    For someone who "manages 120 people", you sure don't understand people - or jobs.

A software developer is much different than a "tech guy". But that's typical of a pencil pusher - no real idea of the job or what it entails. Thank you for proving THAT point.
    software developers are tech guys
    tech guys arent always software developers
    i work with both =)
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Ezzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by utopiagod View Post

For some random nobody, you sure don't understand people - or jobs.

Software development is a tech field, so yes, they are tech guys. The tech field is fairly vast, however, so it doesn't always work the other way around. So, whether you like admit it she can get on the mic and spit it better than 90% of you cuties out here.

tech guys or not isn't really important - what most people would like to know is if they are on schedule.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Ezzerland
    True, Bishop. The tech guy discussion was brought up in direct regards to their fear of commitment. So this is exactly what people want to know.

Thread Information