Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: RE: Extend Freeze Time Poll Thread

Wow. And this is why I don't visit these forums much. Pointless bickering.

Does this game need to be monitored 24/7? Absolutely not. I'm not asking them to do this. What I am asking them for is to make an extra effort to make up for their mistakes. That's all. To me its bizzarre. I work as the IT manager in a 24/7 environment (a hospital), so we stay until the problem is fixed and everyone is happy. But there is a different mindset here.

"I don't think its exactly outta the realm of possibilities that Brian and Sean check in to see what is going on." They aren't involved at all with the 'old code,' so yes, that's 'outta the realm of possibilties.'

What you might get is Roisin checking in on u- oh, sorry - she hasn't used her forum account in months.

The mindset around here is as follows: Dylan gets money, Dylan is happy. Weekends are sacred, and no work is ever supposed to take place during them.
    Seriously - they don't work during weekends. It's the same for all their 'games.'
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Postaholic
    Actually, Sean and Brian do take input for their new code.

For example: they changed thievery so that it will remember the last values you entered. There is no more need to press the back button.

Regular
    I dont know why people feel the need to defend omac and say things like "if you dont like it, quit". Because its quite apparent that is what is happening. Casual players are ...casual, they dont bother telling you they are going to leave. People vote with their feet. In the last 4-5 months its dropped from 16500 to...whatever we are at now. Percentage wise, i dont think weve ever seen a drop like this before in the game.

Post Fiend
    It is extraordinarily disappointing to see a 'Weekends are sacred, and no work is ever supposed to take place during them' comment.

A substantial amount of work has being ongoing since yesterday and will continue all weekend. Support team members, myself included, are working the weekend (normal practice) and voluntarily checking in through the night and early hours of the morning as a direct response to the posts over the last couple of days. There is a veritable niagra of tasks we can perform on the server (I've been doing them all day), and people on call for anything urgent that we can't do.

I am very much aware of the problems and am becoming increasingly aware of the company history with Utopia. But at no point have I seen anything that excuses even an occasional lack of common human decency towards those who are really putting in the effort in *response* to the forum posters.

By all means please shout about the problems, but fair's fair :)

Love you all.
    S.

Thread Information