Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: guild effect on duration offensive spells

guild effect on duration offensive spells

anyone has the formula for duration of (offensive) spells?
    or an idea about how much effect your guilds have?

your guilds dont matter, its your wpa
    The End of an Era

Post Fiend
    Guilds do affect self spell duration,(more guilds,longer duration) but not on off. spells that I'm aware of.

Regular
    At least the duration of all spells relies to the guild percentage. A kd-member noticed 2 ages ago that spell casting has been modified and that guild percentage became more important when casting offensive spells. This issue occured after we were analysing a war. Can't back it up with math facts as noone from our kingdom bothered to investigate further than that. Our hybrid mages just raized guild percentages with 5-10% and it went a lot better...

Also check guide>warfare>magic>3rd block of blabla from the top of page

Post Fiend
    For spells cast upon yourself, success is based on your Guild percentage and your Building Effectiveness - the more guilds you have, the better you will do. For spells cast upon others, the success is based on your relative wizard population, measured as Wizards Per Acre (WPA), modified by the racial bonuses or penalties. The higher your WPA compared to an enemy, the better your success. However, there is always a great deal of luck in every spell. Furthermore, the duration of all spells is greatly impacted by your Guild percentage.

Regular
    Furthermore, the duration of all spells is greatly impacted by your Guild percentage.

I know the guide :) because it says 'greatly impacted' I would love to know a bit more about the ways it works.

I'm also 100% sure guilds have an effect on offensive spell duration. But I don't know if there is a mintime spells last, a maxtime spells last or if this max/mintimes are depending on nw diff or guilds%, a combination of stuffs, ...

It would be greatly appreciated if someone knows a bit more about it :)

Post Fiend
    last age,I ran an Elf/Mystic province running 15% guilds with close to a 3.0 raw wpa.I hit a 46 hour NB (a best for me) I can't give exacting numbers,to be honest,but,you do get better results (duration/success) opping in your nw neighborhood.bear in mind,race plays a part.Elves
    + Spell Strength : +30%
    Dark Elves
    + Magic Effectiveness : +30%

dont listen to yellow, he doesnt know what hes talking about
    The End of an Era

Regular
    Guilds affect your offensive spells duration as well. Duration capped at 20% guilds. Old mystic personality meant cap at 10% guilds for mystics. Read the uto resource page, there's a decent study on it there.

you've got a link for that? when I google utopia resource I can only find a targetfinder :o)

there is an article in utimes about selfspells though:
    http://utimes.org/article/2009/02/07...pell-mechanics (it seems to be a bit outdated already though)
    Last edited by pint; 07-08-2009 at 21:19.

That article also mentions offensive spells. The article was written by clampy. Here is the section on offensive spells:

Offensive Spells

Our research into the effects of offensive spells is still inconclusive, if you would like to help please contact us (see end of report). For a sneak peak though we can tell you that durations work similarly - being determined only by guilds and networth difference. So if you want a high success rate you'll need wpa and sci, but if you want to actually do some damage make sure you build up to 20% guilds as well - a 4 hour Meteor Storm just isn't that scary :)
    The formula for spell duration was postulated as:

Spell Duration = DF x [1 + (rand_between[1,3]) x MIN(1,G%/20)]

DF = Duration Factor
    G% = Percentage Guilds

That is the duration of a self-spell is determined by the percentage guilds divided by twenty (with the maximum at 20% guilds). Which is then multiplied by a random number between 1 and 3, plus 1, then multiply by the Duration Factor of the spell.

Furthermore, the duration of all spells is greatly impacted by your Guild percentage.
    dont listen to yellow, he doesnt know what hes talking about
    That was a direct quote from the guide. Apparently Yellow does know how to read.

the part on offensive spells in the utimes article is not really helpfull. I did read the whole thing trough when I found it.

and once again, I read the guide before I posted here. so copypasting from there won't help me out either :)

what I still don't know are the numbers for offensive spells (min time for a meteors=4h with 0 guilds?, does 10% guilds for mystic give also max time for offensive spells?, what about the nw difference, ...) I knew before I started this thread that the more guilds you have, the longer your offensive spells will last, and that you have highest times when you cast spells on provs similar in nw. I want to know it more detailed if possible.

I'm happy enough for what I learnt on selfspells, but offensive spells are a bit more important imo. to max out the damage you can do with your prov it is important to have a good idea of how it works ...

From my experience with DE/mystic, the lowest time i got on MS was 4 hours and a maximum of 15 hours. I think duration is caped at 10% guilds for mystics and 20% for other personality's. If i have to guess i think the max duration is 16 hours (maybe more on elf?), and the minimum is 4hours. The duration is also influenced greatly by the networth differences, you get best duration on targets your own networth.

Thread Information