Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: guild effect on duration offensive spells

Banned
    Yeah guilds do affect attack spells. I know the answer to how guilds affect attack spells. It has been like this for more than just two years. I'm not going to give you the full answer but I want all the wannbes to come up with this formulas and "proof". It's funny how about 90% of all this so called proof is wrong.
    At any rate, guilds affect attack power. More guilds do not mean strong attack spells. At the same time more guilds give the highest bonus to magic attack power. It all depends on the wizard casting the spells.
    Yeah I know that doesn't make much sense to any of you. Well that's because that's the way I want it.

And the guy that posted above this post. Yeah sure that is the cast for most provinces that cast but that is missleading and you would understand what I'm saying if you truly understood how guilds affect attack magic.
    Last edited by vines; 08-08-2009 at 15:20.

Post Fiend
    Can anyone translate the jibberish posted by Vines please.I clearly understand now,why you get flamed like you do.

Director of Age Changes
    Wow, even vines agrees. I'm confused!
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    More guilds do not mean strong attack spells.
    more guilds give the highest bonus to magic attack power.
    strong attackspells = long duration for durationspells?
    strong attackspells = more damage done with tor, fb, amn, ls, nm, (ll)?

if there is something like magic attack power, is there something like magic defending power also? does the % of guilds from the targetted province have anything to do with it?
    Last edited by pint; 08-08-2009 at 19:23.

You should ignore vines, before he gives you more false information.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

I don't know who is the more reliable one of you two, so I'll give him the advantage of the doubt.
    I know I don't have to trust everything posted in here, but listening to him is the least I can do anyways.

Regular
    You can say pretty sure that about any other person giving advice is more accurate then vines, even vt2.

VT2 is also often wrong but i'm guessing its more to flare up discussion then that he simply doesn't know stuff, like what is the case with vines. Vines simply doesn't have a clue, but is however an interesting read now and again so you can have a laugh in these forums aswell.

Post Demon
    As the closest thing to a vines defender around, I'd still advise you to ignore him most of the time. If reading his post twice doesn't make it make sense... then it just plain doesn't make sense, don't waste more time on it.

Vines' good points are a willingness to stick his neck out, and a surprisingly deep intuitive understanding about alternate approaches to the game.

On the flip side, his communication is terrible (I hope english isn't his first language), he tends to be stubborn and combative... and many of his ideas are the worst type of gibberish and backwards thinking you'll ever see. The infamous .92=1/92 incident that launched him into fame being one of the best examples.

Neither VT2 or vines are much good with detailed numeric analysis... but not too many are anymore. (And many deny static analysis' validity anyway.) VT2, when wrong, is at least wrong intelligently... vines manages a "stupid kind of brilliance". Most value the better general accuracy and lower impact of any mistakes from VT2.

I have seen vines change his mind exactly one more time than VT2 has... but I don't know if even vines realized he had changed it.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Banned
    That's the point I didn't want it to make sense. In short power of spell deals with how much damage a spell does. A power of a spell is affected by wpa and when casting a attack spell your wizards are affect by the number of guilds you have.
    For some mages it is better to have higher guilds for other mages it is better to have lower guilds. For most mage players in the game it is best to have lower guilds. I will say thing though for the few that are really skilled mages you will need more than 20% guilds and this only for the mystics.

I know it doesn't make much sense but I am sick and tired of giving you guys the answers only to have noobs bad mouth me. So this is the hint I'm giving you guys. That is more than enough for yous to figure out how guilds affect attack spells.

Post Fiend
    quote from above:

For some mages it is better to have higher guilds for other mages it is better to have lower guilds. For most mage players in the game it is best to have lower guilds.

Kinda contradicting isn't it?It doesn't make any sense to me at all...sorry.

Post Fiend
    yes,the more guilds you have,the longer the duration you will have on self spells.As far as I know,it's still wpa vs wpa on attacking spells,that determine success...opping around your nw will net best results on successful casts.

Post Fiend
    david62 and realest and all the other nubs talking down on vines could get their facts straight before they do so next time.

duration of spells:
    guilds affect offensive and defensive, for max offensive duration you need to cast spells on targets near your size. the further away in size from you, the less duration, the higher difficulty to get through regardless of wpa etc occours.

so in short:
    guilds=
    #longer duration of selfspells
    #longer duration of offensive spells
    #higher successrate for defensive spells

not sure this will stay for long tho since there is a serious flaw in the closed beta right now :P

Regular
    guild %age definately affects ALL duration spells even offense

During a war guy in our kd tested it by casting meteor showers on province his size for 14 hrs, then raized half his guild and duration dropped to 6hrs then razed all his guilds and got 2 hrs, i know not the most scientific experiment but 14hrs down to 2 hrs duration seems pretty conclusive.

That was 2 ages ago though

guild self spell/off spell mechanics have not been changed since omac took over btw
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    @Micke-

If you look at at my earlier post in this thread,I quoted the guide,as how guilds affect spells,and I do think we are saying about the same thing.My problem with Vines,(and I'm not the only one it seems)he makes no sense at all.Sorry,nothing personal.He would be more helpful if he thought out what he wanted to say,before posting.

Thread Information