Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Whats with the 2800 acre people already

Yikes, lots of posts in here.

Oh well, I'm happy with my average size province.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    that's a really poor argument, because what is the difference between having your friends do it or pray that it happens by chance? Would you feel better about it as an observer if someone scripted a handful of gnomes to gbp up a bank? It would look like randoms, and then by your virtue, its suddenly ok.

There is no problem with using gbp aid as a mechanism to fix a province. However, using it to trigger the upstart of a bank is just homosexual, no matter how you cut it.
    hmmm, never considered the multi bit...
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Maybe a dumb suggestion, but why not link it with acre growth?

if a prov has GB protection and decides to explore/gain x acres (maybe 200-300a?) he loses his GB protection.

OR

if a prov's net acrage in any 24h span (i.e. not a hard-coded time, could be 1pm-1pm or 2pm-2pm .etc and can be calculated at each tick) is >0 then he loses GB protection.

I use 'loses GB protection' loosly here, could also be that it deteriorates much faster.

I feel this accurately portrays the spirit of GBP, while making it less abusable to banks.

Sidenote: let the hyperactive banks grow, if not then it's not going to stop them from being hyperactive but it will put then within range of casual players.

Enthusiast
    why do you care so much of some fast growing prov ? do they hurt this game ? i am more concerned of some ABS jerks sitting in fake war , hurting small/med kingdoms with suicide attacks and doing Prov.Killing for no reason ; that's hurting the game, that's why players are leaving the game, that's why this game sucks

lol yes because Abs prov kills people for no reason all the time. And of course ONLY Abs has fake wars, nobody else.

/sarcasm
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by beeper View Post
    why do you care so much of some fast growing prov ? do they hurt this game ? i am more concerned of some ABS jerks sitting in fake war , hurting small/med kingdoms with suicide attacks and doing Prov.Killing for no reason ; that's hurting the game, that's why players are leaving the game, that's why this game sucks
    i know of no abs kds that do that, fw ya, sometimes - the rest, not to my knowledge at all.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    i know of no abs kds that do that, fw ya, sometimes - the rest, not to my knowledge at all.
    A lot of noobs consider any high off/low def strat to be 'suiciding', bishop. Most abs kds, being SKs, run high off/low def. Particularly oop.

p.s. the real issue, more than gbp, are cows themselves.

I have no issue with legitimate cows, only when kds lack the ability to launch one using planning and talent and resort to game abuse.
    S E C R E T S

gbp is planning to an extent ;)

look, gbp cows arent anything new, everyone's done it from abs to indies to cov, etc. Its just feels kinda gay that its done right oop and it's just a lot less fun imo.
    The End of an Era

sekret

Erhmm

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    A lot of noobs consider any high off/low def strat to be 'suiciding', bishop. Most abs kds, being SKs, run high off/low def. Particularly oop.

p.s. the real issue, more than gbp, are cows themselves.
    I don't really understand the last part simply because.. it came from you.

Post Fiend
    I don't think most of you realize how EASY it is to make yourself a bot to play the game for you... If you have a programming background you can do it probably about 5-6 hours, 10 hours for a nice bot ;)

But if you make one to win in an online game you're just a loser. The stupid thing about cheaters is they know that they cheated. How can you feel good about something if you know you cheated to get it?

Also you people have to think about this game like a race. In Nascar they give each team a set of rules. The job of the team is to make the best car to those rules as they can. These rules don't say exactly where you have to mount this or that so you have to be a bit creative and try and work around the rules to give you the best car possible.

Do teams sometimes cross the boundry into cheating? Yep, but then Nascar rewrites the rules and takes out the loop hole.

IMO this game is in need of a few loop-hole fixes. One thing that astounds me is how "crappy" this old code is, but it's was written in the early 90's or something wasn't it? And I just hope they people writting the new code basically rewrite the entire game to make it much more interactive and "intelligent".

There is no reason why you can't log attacks on provinces and check to see how often Province A has hit Province B in the last N hours. Then do some coding around that check to determine how much GBP to give that province. This way, through code, you can eliminate GBP cheating.

The problem is the game isn't written with any hard rules in it about basically anything other then the simple stuff. That's why this new code will hopefully be A LOT better.

Memory is cheap and so are computers these days. You can afford to do a lot more stuff, and store a lot more information!!!!!

The other problem with this game and all games is that cheating with multi's is just so simple and effective there is basically nothing you can do about it.

You could possible track province info and see if a province tends to hit a certain province more or steal from them more etc, without retals etc etc. You could use an algorithm like this to flag potential cheaters. But it'd be damn tough!!!!!

I love Utopia and I hope it gets much better with the new code!

Enthusiast
    i think Mehul already did some code to check cheating many years ago as he said ; but decision to ban a player is not easy, a small bug and you ban all server so it's better to make a report and let admin to do hard job... if he has enough time and desire

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskony View Post
    Then do some coding around that check to determine how much GBP to give that province. This way, through code, you can eliminate GBP cheating.
    One small problem. GBP isn't cheating. It is in no way, shape, or form against the rules of the game. All top kingdoms use it. Just Absalom and lackies think that friendly gbp is bad, but using non-friendly gbp is good. At least ASF thinks that way although there are other Absalom kingdoms that use friendly gbp. When it is clearly written in the rules that it is against the rules, then I'm sure it will be cut down.

As for the rest of your post, no comment because 99% of it is just ****ing stupid.

I would say it qualifies as a violation of the Spirit of the Game section of the rules.

And it isn't uncommon that kingdoms use GBP to launch a bank in response to another kingdom launching one with GBP. It's a sad state of affairs really.
    Last edited by DHaran; 17-08-2009 at 19:55.
    S E C R E T S

Forum Fanatic
    That's a poor argument, Dharan.

How does it qualify as a violation of the spirit of the game?

Thread Information